Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

How come some debates don't require RFD's?

medv4380
Posts: 210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 2:53:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 2:41:31 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
title says it all.

Because some people only care if their argument was good enough to get a vote at all, and not weather or not someone had a lengthy nonsensical reason for voting one way, or another to avoid voter purge in a similar fashion to voter manipulation in a real election.
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,543
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 2:54:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 2:53:22 AM, medv4380 wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:41:31 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
title says it all.

Because some people only care if their argument was good enough to get a vote at all, and not weather or not someone had a lengthy nonsensical reason for voting one way, or another to avoid voter purge in a similar fashion to voter manipulation in a real election.

No, but 2 weeks ago. the RFD was required no matter what. Now they added an option to not include it?
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,711
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 2:55:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 2:54:14 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:53:22 AM, medv4380 wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:41:31 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
title says it all.

Because some people only care if their argument was good enough to get a vote at all, and not weather or not someone had a lengthy nonsensical reason for voting one way, or another to avoid voter purge in a similar fashion to voter manipulation in a real election.

No, but 2 weeks ago. the RFD was required no matter what. Now they added an option to not include it?

That's not true. There's always been an option to turn off required RFDs.
"If it comes down to Trump or Clinton, I'd vote Trump."

"Well, long story short, the video I thought was of a wedding was of kinky lesbian porn"

"Feminists may just be some of the most petty people ever."

"Shoutout to [...] Shab for being entertaining to listen to in Hangouts.

Extra shoutout to Shab for his excellent taste of film.
[...] he is fantastic company"

"Stray Dog - Mifune
Yojimbo - Mifune"

~ MissBailey8, Noted White Nationalist
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,711
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 2:55:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 2:54:14 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:53:22 AM, medv4380 wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:41:31 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
title says it all.

Because some people only care if their argument was good enough to get a vote at all, and not weather or not someone had a lengthy nonsensical reason for voting one way, or another to avoid voter purge in a similar fashion to voter manipulation in a real election.

No, but 2 weeks ago. the RFD was required no matter what. Now they added an option to not include it?

That's not true. There's always been an option to turn off required RFDs.
"If it comes down to Trump or Clinton, I'd vote Trump."

"Well, long story short, the video I thought was of a wedding was of kinky lesbian porn"

"Feminists may just be some of the most petty people ever."

"Shoutout to [...] Shab for being entertaining to listen to in Hangouts.

Extra shoutout to Shab for his excellent taste of film.
[...] he is fantastic company"

"Stray Dog - Mifune
Yojimbo - Mifune"

~ MissBailey8, Noted White Nationalist
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,543
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 2:56:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 2:55:46 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:54:14 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:53:22 AM, medv4380 wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:41:31 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
title says it all.

Because some people only care if their argument was good enough to get a vote at all, and not weather or not someone had a lengthy nonsensical reason for voting one way, or another to avoid voter purge in a similar fashion to voter manipulation in a real election.

No, but 2 weeks ago. the RFD was required no matter what. Now they added an option to not include it?

That's not true. There's always been an option to turn off required RFDs.

Really?
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,724
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 3:03:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 2:55:46 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:54:14 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:53:22 AM, medv4380 wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:41:31 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
title says it all.

Because some people only care if their argument was good enough to get a vote at all, and not weather or not someone had a lengthy nonsensical reason for voting one way, or another to avoid voter purge in a similar fashion to voter manipulation in a real election.

No, but 2 weeks ago. the RFD was required no matter what. Now they added an option to not include it?

That's not true. There's always been an option to turn off required RFDs.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
tejretics
Posts: 6,486
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 3:05:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 2:56:02 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:55:46 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:54:14 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:53:22 AM, medv4380 wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:41:31 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
title says it all.

Because some people only care if their argument was good enough to get a vote at all, and not weather or not someone had a lengthy nonsensical reason for voting one way, or another to avoid voter purge in a similar fashion to voter manipulation in a real election.

No, but 2 weeks ago. the RFD was required no matter what. Now they added an option to not include it?

That's not true. There's always been an option to turn off required RFDs.

Really?

Yes.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...
Varrack
Posts: 2,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 4:33:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 2:56:02 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:55:46 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:54:14 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:53:22 AM, medv4380 wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:41:31 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
title says it all.

Because some people only care if their argument was good enough to get a vote at all, and not weather or not someone had a lengthy nonsensical reason for voting one way, or another to avoid voter purge in a similar fashion to voter manipulation in a real election.

No, but 2 weeks ago. the RFD was required no matter what. Now they added an option to not include it?

That's not true. There's always been an option to turn off required RFDs.

Really?

Start a New Debate --> Voting Options --> Vote Comments. Hard to miss.
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,543
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 3:02:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 4:33:33 AM, Varrack wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:56:02 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:55:46 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:54:14 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:53:22 AM, medv4380 wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:41:31 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
title says it all.

Because some people only care if their argument was good enough to get a vote at all, and not weather or not someone had a lengthy nonsensical reason for voting one way, or another to avoid voter purge in a similar fashion to voter manipulation in a real election.

No, but 2 weeks ago. the RFD was required no matter what. Now they added an option to not include it?

That's not true. There's always been an option to turn off required RFDs.

Really?

Start a New Debate --> Voting Options --> Vote Comments. Hard to miss.

I can't believe I missed that. I should do a debate like that sometime.
YYW
Posts: 39,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 4:54:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 2:41:31 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
title says it all.

Some debates, at their conclusion, simply require the performance of a rain dance.
Can we censor hate speech?

Learn and Discuss: http://www.debate.org...
Varrack
Posts: 2,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2015 6:50:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/30/2015 3:02:38 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 8/30/2015 4:33:33 AM, Varrack wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:56:02 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:55:46 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:54:14 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:53:22 AM, medv4380 wrote:
At 8/30/2015 2:41:31 AM, tajshar2k wrote:
title says it all.

Because some people only care if their argument was good enough to get a vote at all, and not weather or not someone had a lengthy nonsensical reason for voting one way, or another to avoid voter purge in a similar fashion to voter manipulation in a real election.

No, but 2 weeks ago. the RFD was required no matter what. Now they added an option to not include it?

That's not true. There's always been an option to turn off required RFDs.

Really?

Start a New Debate --> Voting Options --> Vote Comments. Hard to miss.

I can't believe I missed that. I should do a debate like that sometime.

No you shouldn't. You would possibly get tons of 7-point votebombs against you and there'd be nothing you could do about it (since the mods wouldn't remove them). It would be humiliating to lose a debate that way.