Total Posts:76|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Dealing With Trolls

J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 10:27:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
To combat the recent flood of debates from user 9N8X and his various clones, certain measures must be put in effect. Users are henceforth directed to take the following steps.

1. Accept his debates and forfeit the first round. This automatically cancels the debate and prevents it from reaching the main page.

2. Anyone who posts an argument and allows the debate to reach the main page is to be voted down to discourage feeding the troll.

3. If someone else has not already done so, post the following warning in the comments section of his debates: "Do not accept this debate unless you plan to cancel it by forfeiting the first round. Any users who post arguments and allow this debate to reach the main page will be voted down. Thank you for not feeding the troll."

4. Do not respond to any of his posts in the forums.

I am working on VB script that will block his posts from your view and will be finished with it shortly. PM me if you're interested.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 10:33:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/4/2010 10:27:22 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
To combat the recent flood of debates from user 9N8X and his various clones, certain measures must be put in effect. Users are henceforth directed to take the following steps.

1. Accept his debates and forfeit the first round. This automatically cancels the debate and prevents it from reaching the main page.

2. Anyone who posts an argument and allows the debate to reach the main page is to be voted down to discourage feeding the troll.

3. If someone else has not already done so, post the following warning in the comments section of his debates: "Do not accept this debate unless you plan to cancel it by forfeiting the first round. Any users who post arguments and allow this debate to reach the main page will be voted down. Thank you for not feeding the troll."

4. Do not respond to any of his posts in the forums.

I am working on VB script that will block his posts from your view and will be finished with it shortly. PM me if you're interested.

thumbs up:
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 10:34:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/4/2010 10:33:33 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 9/4/2010 10:27:22 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
To combat the recent flood of debates from user 9N8X and his various clones, certain measures must be put in effect. Users are henceforth directed to take the following steps.

1. Accept his debates and forfeit the first round. This automatically cancels the debate and prevents it from reaching the main page.

2. Anyone who posts an argument and allows the debate to reach the main page is to be voted down to discourage feeding the troll.

3. If someone else has not already done so, post the following warning in the comments section of his debates: "Do not accept this debate unless you plan to cancel it by forfeiting the first round. Any users who post arguments and allow this debate to reach the main page will be voted down. Thank you for not feeding the troll."

4. Do not respond to any of his posts in the forums.

I am working on VB script that will block his posts from your view and will be finished with it shortly. PM me if you're interested.


*thumbs up*

Very nice.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 10:37:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I am working on VB script that will block his posts from your view and will be finished with it shortly. PM me if you're interested.

Script works; site is much nicer now.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 10:41:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/4/2010 10:37:07 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
I am working on VB script that will block his posts from your view and will be finished with it shortly. PM me if you're interested.

Script works; site is much nicer now.

Concur.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 10:45:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Script works. PM J.Kenyon or me if you want to get rid of the troll. Let's go, DDO. It's Troll Destroying time!
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 10:47:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/4/2010 10:45:55 PM, annhasle wrote:
Script works. PM J.Kenyon or me if you want to get rid of the troll. Let's go, DDO. It's Troll Destroying time!

4 accounts and how many debates? Thats just sad. And people thought cjl was a troll xD
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 10:48:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/4/2010 10:47:41 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 9/4/2010 10:45:55 PM, annhasle wrote:
Script works. PM J.Kenyon or me if you want to get rid of the troll. Let's go, DDO. It's Troll Destroying time!

4 accounts and how many debates? Thats just sad. And people thought cjl was a troll xD

I think he's in 25 debates (the max amount) per account.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
juvanya
Posts: 613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 11:30:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/4/2010 10:48:44 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 9/4/2010 10:47:41 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 9/4/2010 10:45:55 PM, annhasle wrote:
Script works. PM J.Kenyon or me if you want to get rid of the troll. Let's go, DDO. It's Troll Destroying time!

4 accounts and how many debates? Thats just sad. And people thought cjl was a troll xD

I think he's in 25 debates (the max amount) per account.
Someone is obsessed.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 11:41:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/4/2010 10:48:44 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 9/4/2010 10:47:41 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 9/4/2010 10:45:55 PM, annhasle wrote:
Script works. PM J.Kenyon or me if you want to get rid of the troll. Let's go, DDO. It's Troll Destroying time!

4 accounts and how many debates? Thats just sad. And people thought cjl was a troll xD

I think he's in 25 debates (the max amount) per account.

Lol with 4 accounts so 100 total? Or does it max out on IP address?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 12:16:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Is this script similar to the one I wrote to block cjl?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 12:23:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/5/2010 12:16:50 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Is this script similar to the one I wrote to block cjl?

Yeah, I just modified it.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 12:29:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/5/2010 12:23:45 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 9/5/2010 12:16:50 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Is this script similar to the one I wrote to block cjl?

Yeah, I just modified it.

I don't need it then. I'll just change some variables on my one. ^_-
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 12:30:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Just got the script working, thanks man.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 9:18:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/5/2010 9:17:39 AM, innomen wrote:
So i see.

Start accepting their debates and forfeiting them.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 9:28:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Any idea what kicked off this sudden swarm of BS?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 9:30:16 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/5/2010 9:28:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Any idea what kicked off this sudden swarm of BS?

I think it's the user DiggyDawg, who was an incarnation of someone else. I have a feeling the paper trail leads back the the CWO.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 9:40:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/5/2010 9:35:12 AM, gizmo1650 wrote:
the're the same person.

NO! How did you come to such an earth-shattering conclusion!? That defies ALL laws of logic!

Seriously.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 10:00:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/5/2010 9:30:16 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 9/5/2010 9:28:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Any idea what kicked off this sudden swarm of BS?

I think it's the user DiggyDawg, who was an incarnation of someone else. I have a feeling the paper trail leads back the the CWO.

You want to check the message boards on the sites Josh uses?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 10:02:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/4/2010 10:27:22 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
To combat the recent flood of debates from user 9N8X and his various clones, certain measures must be put in effect. Users are henceforth directed to take the following steps.

1. Accept his debates and forfeit the first round. This automatically cancels the debate and prevents it from reaching the main page.

2. Anyone who posts an argument and allows the debate to reach the main page is to be voted down to discourage feeding the troll.

3. If someone else has not already done so, post the following warning in the comments section of his debates: "Do not accept this debate unless you plan to cancel it by forfeiting the first round. Any users who post arguments and allow this debate to reach the main page will be voted down. Thank you for not feeding the troll."

4. Do not respond to any of his posts in the forums.

I am working on VB script that will block his posts from your view and will be finished with it shortly. PM me if you're interested.

Will the people who forfeit the first round get voted up then?
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 10:03:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/5/2010 10:02:42 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
Will the people who forfeit the first round get voted up then?

Forfeiting the first round cancels the debate, removing it from view. It never goes into the voting period.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light