Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

**DDO Chess Tournament Round 1**

Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 9:24:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was happily surprised by the amount of turnout we got on the sign-up thread, 18 participants! This will make for a great tournament!

Using Challonge.com I created the brackets for the tournament; the seeds were randomly generated. It will be single elimination. Since we had 18 participants sign up, 2 extra matches had to be played before everyone else, it is unfortunate, but it was randomly generated so no one was favored or disfavored in the choosing.

For Round 1, only 2 matches will be played. These are:

XLAV vs. Varrack

XLAV http://www.debate.org...
Varrack http://www.debate.org...

Hayd vs. Skepsikyma

Me http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma http://www.debate.org...

PM each other and arrange when the best time for the chess game is, this should be a solid block lasting 15-45 minutes depending on the agreed upon length. Then create Chess.com accounts http://www.chess.com... and friend each other.

This will be done using LIVE CHESS NOT ONLINE CHESS
http://www.chess.com...

Playing Live Chess with a specific person is trickier than doing Online Chess. The instructions for doing so are here:
http://www.chess.com...

PM me if you have any trouble and I will ensure you get it done.

The amount of time each participant will have in the match will be decided between the two opponents, time ranges from 1 minute per person, 3 minutes, 10 minutes, or 30 minutes. I recommend 10 or 30 to ensure a quality match.

Please have the match done in the next few days so that we can get on to the next round.

The Tournament Bracket can be found here:
http://challonge.com...

If you have any questions or concerns please send me a PM.

Good Luck!
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 9:58:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/2/2015 9:24:26 PM, Hayd wrote:
I was happily surprised by the amount of turnout we got on the sign-up thread, 18 participants! This will make for a great tournament!

Using Challonge.com I created the brackets for the tournament; the seeds were randomly generated. It will be single elimination. Since we had 18 participants sign up, 2 extra matches had to be played before everyone else, it is unfortunate, but it was randomly generated so no one was favored or disfavored in the choosing.

For Round 1, only 2 matches will be played. These are:

XLAV vs. Varrack

XLAV http://www.debate.org...
Varrack http://www.debate.org...

Hayd vs. Skepsikyma

Me http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma http://www.debate.org...

PM each other and arrange when the best time for the chess game is, this should be a solid block lasting 15-45 minutes depending on the agreed upon length. Then create Chess.com accounts http://www.chess.com... and friend each other.

This will be done using LIVE CHESS NOT ONLINE CHESS
http://www.chess.com...

Playing Live Chess with a specific person is trickier than doing Online Chess. The instructions for doing so are here:
http://www.chess.com...

PM me if you have any trouble and I will ensure you get it done.

The amount of time each participant will have in the match will be decided between the two opponents, time ranges from 1 minute per person, 3 minutes, 10 minutes, or 30 minutes. I recommend 10 or 30 to ensure a quality match.

Please have the match done in the next few days so that we can get on to the next round.

The Tournament Bracket can be found here:
http://challonge.com...

If you have any questions or concerns please send me a PM.

Good Luck!

Woo-hoo! I advanced to round 2.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 10:06:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/2/2015 9:58:35 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 9/2/2015 9:24:26 PM, Hayd wrote:
I was happily surprised by the amount of turnout we got on the sign-up thread, 18 participants! This will make for a great tournament!

Using Challonge.com I created the brackets for the tournament; the seeds were randomly generated. It will be single elimination. Since we had 18 participants sign up, 2 extra matches had to be played before everyone else, it is unfortunate, but it was randomly generated so no one was favored or disfavored in the choosing.

For Round 1, only 2 matches will be played. These are:

XLAV vs. Varrack

XLAV http://www.debate.org...
Varrack http://www.debate.org...

Hayd vs. Skepsikyma

Me http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma http://www.debate.org...

PM each other and arrange when the best time for the chess game is, this should be a solid block lasting 15-45 minutes depending on the agreed upon length. Then create Chess.com accounts http://www.chess.com... and friend each other.

This will be done using LIVE CHESS NOT ONLINE CHESS
http://www.chess.com...

Playing Live Chess with a specific person is trickier than doing Online Chess. The instructions for doing so are here:
http://www.chess.com...

PM me if you have any trouble and I will ensure you get it done.

The amount of time each participant will have in the match will be decided between the two opponents, time ranges from 1 minute per person, 3 minutes, 10 minutes, or 30 minutes. I recommend 10 or 30 to ensure a quality match.

Please have the match done in the next few days so that we can get on to the next round.

The Tournament Bracket can be found here:
http://challonge.com...

If you have any questions or concerns please send me a PM.

Good Luck!

Woo-hoo! I advanced to round 2.

rofl
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 11:07:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have to face FT?
...Well, at least I made it to round 2...
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 1:58:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/2/2015 9:24:26 PM, Hayd wrote:
No problem with us finishing our rounds preemptively?
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:09:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 1:58:06 AM, MisterMittens wrote:
At 9/2/2015 9:24:26 PM, Hayd wrote:
No problem with us finishing our rounds preemptively?

Yes, that is a good idea and we will do that next tournament, live and learn :)
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:16:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If he desires to play Lars can have my spot...my computer just got a hard disk failure - so my ability to play is iffy at best now, anyway.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:19:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 2:09:07 AM, Hayd wrote:

Read my post above.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:22:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 2:19:09 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 9/3/2015 2:09:07 AM, Hayd wrote:

Read my post above.

That is perfectly fine if Larz agrees and you agree to the conditions, just send me a PM saying that you both agree and I will swap you out.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:23:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 2:04:08 AM, larztheloser wrote:
How did I miss this tournament!

Read the three posts above this.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
larztheloser
Posts: 857
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:30:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 2:22:51 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 9/3/2015 2:19:09 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 9/3/2015 2:09:07 AM, Hayd wrote:

Read my post above.

That is perfectly fine if Larz agrees and you agree to the conditions, just send me a PM saying that you both agree and I will swap you out.

I agree
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:31:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 2:30:19 AM, larztheloser wrote:
At 9/3/2015 2:22:51 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 9/3/2015 2:19:09 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 9/3/2015 2:09:07 AM, Hayd wrote:

Read my post above.

That is perfectly fine if Larz agrees and you agree to the conditions, just send me a PM saying that you both agree and I will swap you out.

I agree

Ok, I will swap you in :)
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 6:24:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/2/2015 11:07:23 PM, SolonKR wrote:
I have to face FT?
...Well, at least I made it to round 2...

Don't worry. You'll probably win. I don't even remember how to play this game. Too many drugs.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 6:27:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 6:24:38 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 9/2/2015 11:07:23 PM, SolonKR wrote:
I have to face FT?
...Well, at least I made it to round 2...

Don't worry. You'll probably win. I don't even remember how to play this game. Too many drugs.

Just remember, you'll want to move 1. f4 and 2. g4. Don't worry about my moves. :P
I'm GatheredDust, so add me whenever.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 6:32:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 6:31:17 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 9/3/2015 6:27:32 AM, SolonKR wrote:
Don't worry about my moves.

You down to play now?

Sure; I'm down to clown.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
larztheloser
Posts: 857
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 6:32:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 6:27:32 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 9/3/2015 6:24:38 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 9/2/2015 11:07:23 PM, SolonKR wrote:
I have to face FT?
...Well, at least I made it to round 2...

Don't worry. You'll probably win. I don't even remember how to play this game. Too many drugs.

Just remember, you'll want to move 1. f4 and 2. g4. Don't worry about my moves. :P
I'm GatheredDust, so add me whenever.

I prefer the more aggressive Scorpion Attack

1. a4!
2. h4!
3. Ra3!
4. R8h3!
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 6:33:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 6:33:23 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Add me - I don't know how this site works.

What's your username?
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 6:34:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 6:33:56 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 9/3/2015 6:33:23 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Add me - I don't know how this site works.

What's your username?

FourTrouble.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 9:15:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 6:32:56 AM, larztheloser wrote:
I prefer the more aggressive Scorpion Attack

1. a4!
2. h4!
3. Ra3!
4. R8h3!

lmao

I will use this in my next game.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 12:52:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 10:30:16 AM, brianjustin3709 wrote:
Can I play?

On, I'm sorry, the sign-ups closed yesterday, I can add you to the replacements if you like though.
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 2:56:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This will be done using LIVE CHESS NOT ONLINE CHESS
http://www.chess.com...

Playing Live Chess with a specific person is trickier than doing Online Chess. The instructions for doing so are here:
http://www.chess.com...

Those links are showing errors. Maybe one needs to be signed in for them to work.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 9:03:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
By the way, here's the annotation from the game between FT and I. He was white, and I was black:

1.e4 d5 2.exd5 Qxd5 3.Nc3 Qa5 4.Nf3 Bg4 5.Be2 c6 6.O-O Nd7 7.d3 Ngf6 8.Bd2 Qc7 9.a3 Bxf3 10.Bxf3 e5 11.Re1 Bc5 12.b4 Bd4 13.Rb1 O-O 14.b5 Rfe8 15.bxc6 bxc6 16.Ne4 h6 17.c3 Bb6 18.Rb4 a5 19.Rc4 Re6 20.Qa4 Nxe4 21.Bxe4 Nc5 22.Qd1 Rf6 23.Be3 Nxe4 24.Rxe4 Bxe3 25.R1xe3 Re6 26.Qh5 Rae8 27.g4 f6 28.h4 Kh7 29.g5 g6 30.Qe2 f5 31.Rc4 hxg5 32.hxg5 Qd6 33.Qf3 Qd5 34.Qh3+ Kg8 35.Rh4 R6e7 36.Rh8+ Kf7 37.Qh7+ Ke6 38.Qxg6+ Kd7 39.Qxf5+ Kd8 40.Rxe8+ Rxe8 41.Qf6+ Kd7 42.g6 Rg8 43.Rxe5 Qd6 44.Qf7+ 1-0
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 10:07:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 2:56:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
This will be done using LIVE CHESS NOT ONLINE CHESS
http://www.chess.com...

Playing Live Chess with a specific person is trickier than doing Online Chess. The instructions for doing so are here:
http://www.chess.com...

Those links are showing errors. Maybe one needs to be signed in for them to work.

Sorry, my apolgoies. Thank you for pointing that out.

http://www.chess.com...

http://www.chess.com...

work now?
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,138
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2015 3:29:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/3/2015 1:58:06 AM, MisterMittens wrote:
At 9/2/2015 9:24:26 PM, Hayd wrote:
No problem with us finishing our rounds preemptively?

My username is majikthise

I can play tomorrow after 5 Eastern, or we can play over the weekend. Let me know your username and when you wanna play.