Jump to topic:

Do all the voters read the debate?

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:37:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm curious how many people actually finish reading the debate in which he or she votes in or just skim through some of the argument, and/or just read only half of it and just deterimine a winner from that.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:51:21 PM
I always read it when I vote. I sometimes don't have good judgement tho. Or influenced by external forces, but I always read it.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 1:13:19 AM
If it is too long, I don't bother... Many people already know this about me, I don't like long debates, I lose interest really quickly too many points and sifting through the main points of the arguments. Too many debates use up the entire like 8,000 character limit and all debaters who do this should expect that most people will not read all of it... especially if the readers are young, old people will probably read through the entire debate because they vote or have actually built a strong opinion about these issues already, but I doubt young people do, like high schoolers who have personal dilemmas to deal with, they just read probably the first 2 rounds out of like a 4-5 round debate. Most of the arguments in every round usually carry through every single round and is just resaying the same thing so people lose interest.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 1:17:03 AM
I rarely vote... Mainly because I have built a paranoia about creating enemies if voting for someone. Most people do create personal vendettas against people who vote against them and become "votebombers" they won't read the person's debates they will just return the favor and vote against them.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:39:37 AM
At 9/8/2010 12:59:27 AM, innomen wrote:
Depends on how well written it is, and how interested i am. However i often read the debates and don't vote.

same here. I don't vote because i can't.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 9:29:30 AM
If I have time to kill, yes. I have a hard time reading things on teh interwebz for long periods of time and absorbing them.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 9:49:57 AM
I actually think these two people did an experiment on it. The results most people do not.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 10:17:44 AM
At 9/8/2010 9:49:57 AM, lovelife wrote:
I actually think these two people did an experiment on it. The results most people do not.

Who are "these people"?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...