Jump to topic:

The Science cathegory...

Pirate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 11:56:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
... is full of threads with "Evolution" in their name. I thought a 200 years old but always getting changed theory wouldn't generate so much feedback, but oh well.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 2:06:05 PM
At 9/8/2010 11:56:51 AM, Pirate wrote:
... is full of threads with "Evolution" in their name. I thought a 200 years old but always getting changed theory wouldn't generate so much feedback, but oh well.

Very few people seem to actually understand what the theory of evolution is, that is why there are so many.

For some reason many books give a childish, 'oversimplification' of evolution and sometimes no one is educated beyond that. Add a little bit of religion and years later we have grown 'educated' adults saying this like,

"I don't think a fish would just grow legs because there was a drought".

No sh!t sherlock. It's very frustrating.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Pirate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 12:07:39 PM
At 9/8/2010 2:06:05 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Very few people seem to actually understand what the theory of evolution is, that is why there are so many.

For some reason many books give a childish, 'oversimplification' of evolution and sometimes no one is educated beyond that. Add a little bit of religion and years later we have grown 'educated' adults saying this like,

Well most people don't get their head stuffed with religion, so there must be another source for this problem.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 12:31:27 PM
At 9/9/2010 12:07:39 PM, Pirate wrote:

Well most people don't get their head stuffed with religion, so there must be another source for this problem.

Poor education.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2010 12:45:33 PM

:

Mentioned religion once, as in "a little bit of religion" Most of it was about poor education and lack of teaching thoroughly, which is something schools can't really do, for fear of being sued. Vicious cycle.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Pirate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2010 10:29:29 AM
At 9/9/2010 12:45:33 PM, lovelife wrote:

:

Mentioned religion once, as in "a little bit of religion" Most of it was about poor education and lack of teaching thoroughly, which is something schools can't really do, for fear of being sued. Vicious cycle.

Schools get sued for teaching >.>? What's that country?