Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Is it fair judging by grammar/spelling skill?

shoutevenshy
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 2:34:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've noticed than when voting you give points for different things, one of them is for grammar/spelling skills.

Is this fair to people who don't have english as a first language?

Do us 'foreigners' need to learn the english language to perfection in order to debate on this site?

I realize that this is a rule to encourage good spelling, and I believe that I am good with english spelling, however when speaking or writing a language that is not your mother tongue, the sentences can be confusing, as languages construct sentences differently, and therefore it is to my disadvantage when debating here.

Do you find this rule to be fair?
Zaradi
Posts: 14,121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 2:36:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 2:34:58 AM, shoutevenshy wrote:
I've noticed than when voting you give points for different things, one of them is for grammar/spelling skills.

Is this fair to people who don't have english as a first language?

Do us 'foreigners' need to learn the english language to perfection in order to debate on this site?

I realize that this is a rule to encourage good spelling, and I believe that I am good with english spelling, however when speaking or writing a language that is not your mother tongue, the sentences can be confusing, as languages construct sentences differently, and therefore it is to my disadvantage when debating here.

I'm in a debate with you right now. You don't have anything to be worried about.

Do you find this rule to be fair?

Personally, no. But I understand why it's there, and, to an extent, I agree with it being there. I don't have to like it though.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 2:37:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 2:34:58 AM, shoutevenshy wrote:
Do you find this rule to be fair?

No, but I do take off on it if its a troll purposely using incorrect grammar. Besides that if its just honest mistakes then no.
shoutevenshy
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 2:38:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Thank you, however of the votes I've received so far I've lost every time with the 'spelling', so I can only assume that my english is not as perfect as I'd liked.
sadolite
Posts: 8,833
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 2:45:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 2:34:58 AM, shoutevenshy wrote:
I've noticed than when voting you give points for different things, one of them is for grammar/spelling skills.

Is this fair to people who don't have english as a first language?

Do us 'foreigners' need to learn the english language to perfection in order to debate on this site?

I realize that this is a rule to encourage good spelling, and I believe that I am good with english spelling, however when speaking or writing a language that is not your mother tongue, the sentences can be confusing, as languages construct sentences differently, and therefore it is to my disadvantage when debating here.

Do you find this rule to be fair?

I find in most cases people who fixate on grammar and spelling do so to marginalize you as a person because they don't like what you are saying. But with that said, in debates people do have the option to give a tie if they don't care about spelling and grammar and are more interested in what you actually have to say. But with that said the voter can have his or her vote cancelled out if your opponent complains to the voting moderator.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 2:52:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 2:34:58 AM, shoutevenshy wrote:
I've noticed than when voting you give points for different things, one of them is for grammar/spelling skills.

Is this fair to people who don't have english as a first language?

Do us 'foreigners' need to learn the english language to perfection in order to debate on this site?

I realize that this is a rule to encourage good spelling, and I believe that I am good with english spelling, however when speaking or writing a language that is not your mother tongue, the sentences can be confusing, as languages construct sentences differently, and therefore it is to my disadvantage when debating here.

Do you find this rule to be fair?

My spelling and grammar can suck. When I am reading a debate, I score this point on where the reader has been disrupted, or confused by poor spelling or grammar. That is to say, I can take into account the native language, but if it messes with the understanding of the point the participant was trying to make, it is perfectly reasonable.
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:03:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 2:36:29 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 2:34:58 AM, shoutevenshy wrote:
I've noticed than when voting you give points for different things, one of them is for grammar/spelling skills.

Is this fair to people who don't have english as a first language?

Do us 'foreigners' need to learn the english language to perfection in order to debate on this site?

I realize that this is a rule to encourage good spelling, and I believe that I am good with english spelling, however when speaking or writing a language that is not your mother tongue, the sentences can be confusing, as languages construct sentences differently, and therefore it is to my disadvantage when debating here.

I'm in a debate with you right now. You don't have anything to be worried about.
Lol. Debating you means you have something to worry about and it's losing. Be worried op.

Do you find this rule to be fair?

Personally, no. But I understand why it's there, and, to an extent, I agree with it being there. I don't have to like it though.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
Zaradi
Posts: 14,121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:08:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 4:03:00 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 9/9/2015 2:36:29 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 2:34:58 AM, shoutevenshy wrote:
I've noticed than when voting you give points for different things, one of them is for grammar/spelling skills.

Is this fair to people who don't have english as a first language?

Do us 'foreigners' need to learn the english language to perfection in order to debate on this site?

I realize that this is a rule to encourage good spelling, and I believe that I am good with english spelling, however when speaking or writing a language that is not your mother tongue, the sentences can be confusing, as languages construct sentences differently, and therefore it is to my disadvantage when debating here.

I'm in a debate with you right now. You don't have anything to be worried about.
Lol. Debating you means you have something to worry about and it's losing. Be worried op.

Cmon man...that's not fair...I've lost before...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:11:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 4:08:56 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:03:00 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 9/9/2015 2:36:29 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 2:34:58 AM, shoutevenshy wrote:
I've noticed than when voting you give points for different things, one of them is for grammar/spelling skills.

Is this fair to people who don't have english as a first language?

Do us 'foreigners' need to learn the english language to perfection in order to debate on this site?

I realize that this is a rule to encourage good spelling, and I believe that I am good with english spelling, however when speaking or writing a language that is not your mother tongue, the sentences can be confusing, as languages construct sentences differently, and therefore it is to my disadvantage when debating here.

I'm in a debate with you right now. You don't have anything to be worried about.
Lol. Debating you means you have something to worry about and it's losing. Be worried op.

Cmon man...that's not fair...I've lost before...

31 out of 243 debates and to good debater nonetheless.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
Zaradi
Posts: 14,121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:13:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 4:11:38 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:08:56 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:03:00 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 9/9/2015 2:36:29 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 2:34:58 AM, shoutevenshy wrote:
I've noticed than when voting you give points for different things, one of them is for grammar/spelling skills.

Is this fair to people who don't have english as a first language?

Do us 'foreigners' need to learn the english language to perfection in order to debate on this site?

I realize that this is a rule to encourage good spelling, and I believe that I am good with english spelling, however when speaking or writing a language that is not your mother tongue, the sentences can be confusing, as languages construct sentences differently, and therefore it is to my disadvantage when debating here.

I'm in a debate with you right now. You don't have anything to be worried about.
Lol. Debating you means you have something to worry about and it's losing. Be worried op.

Cmon man...that's not fair...I've lost before...

31 out of 243 debates and to good debater nonetheless.

That's just online...I've lost more in person...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:16:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 4:13:54 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:11:38 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:08:56 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:03:00 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 9/9/2015 2:36:29 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 2:34:58 AM, shoutevenshy wrote:
I've noticed than when voting you give points for different things, one of them is for grammar/spelling skills.

Is this fair to people who don't have english as a first language?

Do us 'foreigners' need to learn the english language to perfection in order to debate on this site?

I realize that this is a rule to encourage good spelling, and I believe that I am good with english spelling, however when speaking or writing a language that is not your mother tongue, the sentences can be confusing, as languages construct sentences differently, and therefore it is to my disadvantage when debating here.

I'm in a debate with you right now. You don't have anything to be worried about.
Lol. Debating you means you have something to worry about and it's losing. Be worried op.

Cmon man...that's not fair...I've lost before...

31 out of 243 debates and to good debater nonetheless.

That's just online...I've lost more in person...

Your vice president so your obviously a winner. Lol. And your debating OP on DDO.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
Zaradi
Posts: 14,121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:40:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 4:16:58 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Your vice president so your obviously a winner. Lol. And your debating OP on DDO.

I disagree with both, lol.

And that fact in your sig. I may have just puked a little in my mouth...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 6:33:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 4:40:40 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:16:58 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Your vice president so your obviously a winner. Lol. And your debating OP on DDO.

I disagree with both, lol.

And that fact in your sig. I may have just puked a little in my mouth...

What's almost grosser is that meat indistries use amonia to kill bacteria in the meat you eat. Even at Chipotle!
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Zaradi
Posts: 14,121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 6:54:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 6:33:59 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:40:40 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:16:58 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Your vice president so your obviously a winner. Lol. And your debating OP on DDO.

I disagree with both, lol.

And that fact in your sig. I may have just puked a little in my mouth...

What's almost grosser is that meat indistries use amonia to kill bacteria in the meat you eat. Even at Chipotle!

That's gross? I thought it was f*cking delicious....
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 6:58:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 6:54:35 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:33:59 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:40:40 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:16:58 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Your vice president so your obviously a winner. Lol. And your debating OP on DDO.

I disagree with both, lol.

And that fact in your sig. I may have just puked a little in my mouth...

What's almost grosser is that meat indistries use amonia to kill bacteria in the meat you eat. Even at Chipotle!

That's gross? I thought it was f*cking delicious....

Watch Food Inc. You'll never want to eat meat again.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Zaradi
Posts: 14,121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 7:00:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 6:58:25 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:54:35 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:33:59 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:40:40 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:16:58 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Your vice president so your obviously a winner. Lol. And your debating OP on DDO.

I disagree with both, lol.

And that fact in your sig. I may have just puked a little in my mouth...

What's almost grosser is that meat indistries use amonia to kill bacteria in the meat you eat. Even at Chipotle!

That's gross? I thought it was f*cking delicious....

Watch Food Inc. You'll never want to eat meat again.

Watched it. Made me hungry.

Moreover, you're telling me to go watch Food Inc, Ms. McDonalds fanatic?????
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 7:02:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 2:38:05 AM, shoutevenshy wrote:
Thank you, however of the votes I've received so far I've lost every time with the 'spelling', so I can only assume that my english is not as perfect as I'd liked.

Do this -- when you start a debate, under "Voting Style," click "Advanced Options." There, there'll be a message:

"Which point system do you want on this debate?

Current 7 point system OR a simple "select winner" option: [box]"

In that box, select the "select winner" option. That way, people won't judge you on grammar or spelling.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 7:03:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 7:00:20 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:58:25 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:54:35 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:33:59 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:40:40 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:16:58 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Your vice president so your obviously a winner. Lol. And your debating OP on DDO.

I disagree with both, lol.

And that fact in your sig. I may have just puked a little in my mouth...

What's almost grosser is that meat indistries use amonia to kill bacteria in the meat you eat. Even at Chipotle!

That's gross? I thought it was f*cking delicious....

Watch Food Inc. You'll never want to eat meat again.

Watched it. Made me hungry.

Moreover, you're telling me to go watch Food Inc, Ms. McDonalds fanatic?????

Ew, gross. Watching that has made the thought of eating meat gross!

*Guilty...* /.\
But hey, I havn't eaten at Mcdonalds in months! So ha!
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Zaradi
Posts: 14,121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 7:04:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 7:03:27 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:00:20 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:58:25 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:54:35 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:33:59 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:40:40 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:16:58 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Your vice president so your obviously a winner. Lol. And your debating OP on DDO.

I disagree with both, lol.

And that fact in your sig. I may have just puked a little in my mouth...

What's almost grosser is that meat indistries use amonia to kill bacteria in the meat you eat. Even at Chipotle!

That's gross? I thought it was f*cking delicious....

Watch Food Inc. You'll never want to eat meat again.

Watched it. Made me hungry.

Moreover, you're telling me to go watch Food Inc, Ms. McDonalds fanatic?????

Ew, gross. Watching that has made the thought of eating meat gross!

Uh huh....sure.

*Guilty...* /.\
But hey, I havn't eaten at Mcdonalds in months! So ha!

There's so much bullsh*t in this sentence that even Donald Trump would be impressed.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 7:06:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 7:04:39 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:03:27 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:00:20 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:58:25 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:54:35 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:33:59 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:40:40 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:16:58 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Your vice president so your obviously a winner. Lol. And your debating OP on DDO.

I disagree with both, lol.

And that fact in your sig. I may have just puked a little in my mouth...

What's almost grosser is that meat indistries use amonia to kill bacteria in the meat you eat. Even at Chipotle!

That's gross? I thought it was f*cking delicious....

Watch Food Inc. You'll never want to eat meat again.

Watched it. Made me hungry.

Moreover, you're telling me to go watch Food Inc, Ms. McDonalds fanatic?????

Ew, gross. Watching that has made the thought of eating meat gross!

Uh huh....sure.

*Guilty...* /.\
But hey, I havn't eaten at Mcdonalds in months! So ha!

There's so much bullsh*t in this sentence that even Donald Trump would be impressed.

No lie. Mcdonalds RIP </3
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Zaradi
Posts: 14,121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 7:07:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 7:06:47 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:04:39 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:03:27 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:00:20 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:58:25 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:54:35 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:33:59 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:40:40 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:16:58 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Your vice president so your obviously a winner. Lol. And your debating OP on DDO.

I disagree with both, lol.

And that fact in your sig. I may have just puked a little in my mouth...

What's almost grosser is that meat indistries use amonia to kill bacteria in the meat you eat. Even at Chipotle!

That's gross? I thought it was f*cking delicious....

Watch Food Inc. You'll never want to eat meat again.

Watched it. Made me hungry.

Moreover, you're telling me to go watch Food Inc, Ms. McDonalds fanatic?????

Ew, gross. Watching that has made the thought of eating meat gross!

Uh huh....sure.

*Guilty...* /.\
But hey, I havn't eaten at Mcdonalds in months! So ha!

There's so much bullsh*t in this sentence that even Donald Trump would be impressed.

No lie. Mcdonalds RIP </3

Yeah same here. Haven't had Chipotle in months either.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 7:13:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 7:07:53 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:06:47 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:04:39 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:03:27 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:00:20 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:58:25 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:54:35 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:33:59 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:40:40 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I could prove that to be wrong on so many levels.
Chipotle should be banned. It causes pain.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Zaradi
Posts: 14,121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 7:15:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 7:13:49 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:07:53 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:06:47 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:04:39 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:03:27 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:00:20 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:58:25 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:54:35 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:33:59 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:40:40 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I could prove that to be wrong on so many levels.
Chipotle should be banned. It causes pain.

Just like I could prove you not eating McDonalds is wrong on so many levels.

And Chipotle doesn't cause pain. The only time it causes pain is when I eat too much of it, and even then the pain is outweighed by the pleasure of having some dank a** food.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 7:17:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 7:15:06 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:13:49 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:07:53 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:06:47 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:04:39 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:03:27 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 7:00:20 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:58:25 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:54:35 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/9/2015 6:33:59 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:40:40 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I could prove that to be wrong on so many levels.
Chipotle should be banned. It causes pain.

Just like I could prove you not eating McDonalds is wrong on so many levels.

And Chipotle doesn't cause pain. The only time it causes pain is when I eat too much of it, and even then the pain is outweighed by the pleasure of having some dank a** food.

You can't.

Good for you.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 11:24:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
ye u shuld nut geet pionts if u kant spele korectle.

so annoyin wen ppl rite bade gramer.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:25:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 2:34:58 AM, shoutevenshy wrote:
I've noticed than when voting you give points for different things, one of them is for grammar/spelling skills.

Is this fair to people who don't have english as a first language?

Do us 'foreigners' need to learn the english language to perfection in order to debate on this site?

I only punish S&G when it is completely unreadable. So it shouldn't really effect you much. Also setting the debate to the choose winner system, will stop Spelling and grammar points from effecting you

I realize that this is a rule to encourage good spelling, and I believe that I am good with english spelling, however when speaking or writing a language that is not your mother tongue, the sentences can be confusing, as languages construct sentences differently, and therefore it is to my disadvantage when debating here.

Do you find this rule to be fair?
TheDebater_101
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:29:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 11:24:16 AM, Emilrose wrote:
ye u shuld nut geet pionts if u kant spele korectle.

so annoyin wen ppl rite bade gramer.
seriously? have you ever heard of hypocrite
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:31:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 3:29:44 PM, TheDebater_101 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 11:24:16 AM, Emilrose wrote:
ye u shuld nut geet pionts if u kant spele korectle.

so annoyin wen ppl rite bade gramer.
seriously? have you ever heard of hypocrite

why you be callin her a hypocriticizer?
TheDebater_101
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:40:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 3:31:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 9/9/2015 3:29:44 PM, TheDebater_101 wrote:
At 9/9/2015 11:24:16 AM, Emilrose wrote:
ye u shuld nut geet pionts if u kant spele korectle.

so annoyin wen ppl rite bade gramer.
seriously? have you ever heard of hypocrite

why you be callin her a hypocriticizer?
Look at Emilrose's spelling, and yet she calls people who can't spell good so annoying
Morganic
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:02:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 2:34:58 AM, shoutevenshy wrote:
I've noticed than when voting you give points for different things, one of them is for grammar/spelling skills.

Is this fair to people who don't have english as a first language?

Do us 'foreigners' need to learn the english language to perfection in order to debate on this site?

I realize that this is a rule to encourage good spelling, and I believe that I am good with english spelling, however when speaking or writing a language that is not your mother tongue, the sentences can be confusing, as languages construct sentences differently, and therefore it is to my disadvantage when debating here.

Do you find this rule to be fair?

I don't. I also think it unfair to someone like myself who while extremely articulate has a learning difficulty that means I sometimes struggle with spelling. It is extremely frustrating sometimes when I fail to notice I have mixed up our and are for example