Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:40:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 3:12:16 AM, TBR wrote:
How tall are you?

What sort of potato chip do you like?

Well? These questions won't answer themselves after all!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:47:34 AM
At 9/9/2015 3:40:02 AM, Zaradi wrote:
How tall are you?

Right. And I need a poll on "are men faster runners than women?".

I like the poll section. Spend most of my time there, but between the filter, and the rash of stupid polls, we get Heil and Genesis.

Step it up people!
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:48:10 AM
How tall are you?

That's pretty tame compared to others.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:51:11 AM
At 9/9/2015 3:47:34 AM, TBR wrote:
How tall are you?

Then go make it! The world awaits you!

I like the poll section. Spend most of my time there, but between the filter, and the rash of stupid polls, we get Heil and Genesis.

Step it up people!
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:52:14 AM
At 9/9/2015 3:48:10 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
How tall are you?

Tame like you like the tame, or like there is something worthwhile on the polls right now? It has been the most vanilla crap for weeks.
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:53:19 AM
At 9/9/2015 3:52:14 AM, TBR wrote:
At 9/9/2015 3:48:10 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
How tall are you?

Tame like you like the tame, or like there is something worthwhile on the polls right now? It has been the most vanilla crap for weeks.

There has never really been anything worthwhile in the polls before..

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:53:57 AM

No. Someone already did. Seriously, it is part of a trend of "Can men lift more weight..." "Are men taller...." polls over the last several weeks.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:54:30 AM
At 9/9/2015 3:53:57 AM, TBR wrote:

No. Someone already did. Seriously, it is part of a trend of "Can men lift more weight..." "Are men taller...." polls over the last several weeks.

Seems interesting enough. Did you answer them?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:55:03 AM
I don't like the trashing the polls take (aside from my trashing in this thread). I have had the best discussion on the polls.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:57:21 AM

Yes. I gave careful thought, and some studious research. In the end, I knew I was safe with my "Yes" vote. Men are, on average, taller than women.

didn't want to rock the boat too much with that bombshell, but the truth is the truth.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:58:35 AM
How tall are you?

As soon as the "uploading images" bug is fixed I'll be posting polls again, so that should clear up some monotony. As for the pointless and trivial polls, they will be selectively counted as spam depending on the context.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:01:22 AM
At 9/9/2015 3:55:03 AM, TBR wrote:
I don't like the trashing the polls take (aside from my trashing in this thread). I have had the best discussion on the polls.

Only controversial polls have a good comment section but they've all been done. None takes the polls seriously is the problem. Even Airmax he didn't want to add one to HoF.

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:05:20 AM
At 9/9/2015 4:01:22 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Only controversial polls have a good comment section but they've all been done. None takes the polls seriously is the problem. Even Airmax he didn't want to add one to HoF.

I would use the forum more (and have been) if the software were better. The site is buggy overall, but the forum software makes me feel like I time-warped back to 1999. It is terrible to read.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:07:55 AM
At 9/9/2015 3:57:21 AM, TBR wrote:

Yes. I gave careful thought, and some studious research. In the end, I knew I was safe with my "Yes" vote. Men are, on average, taller than women.

didn't want to rock the boat too much with that bombshell, but the truth is the truth.

Don't be scared to be a trend-setter. Stand up for what you really believe in. Be the leader, not just the follower!
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:10:16 AM
Don't be scared to be a trend-setter. Stand up for what you really believe in. Be the leader, not just the follower!

I don;t know... You sure it is all right? I don't want to... you know... upset anyone. I know that filter is in place for a good reason.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:12:20 AM
At 9/9/2015 4:10:16 AM, TBR wrote:

I don;t know... You sure it is all right? I don't want to... you know... upset anyone. I know that filter is in place for a good reason.

Nah man. Big Brother Airmax isn't watching. I turned off the cameras. It's okay to be a rebel.
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:15:10 AM
At 9/9/2015 4:05:20 AM, TBR wrote:
At 9/9/2015 4:01:22 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

I would use the forum more (and have been) if the software were better. The site is buggy overall, but the forum software makes me feel like I time-warped back to 1999. It is terrible to read.

I like the forum's design better than Reddit's but yes it is very buggy. But try making a poll on mobile, a huge "suggestion" option will keep you from doing anything and if you accidentally press it it will be about some random person or book and change th picture.

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:29:47 AM
I like the forum's design better than Reddit's but yes it is very buggy. But try making a poll on mobile, a huge "suggestion" option will keep you from doing anything and if you accidentally press it it will be about some random person or book and change th picture.

What forum software written in the last decade can look like

http://www.discussionist.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:32:49 AM
At 9/9/2015 4:29:47 AM, TBR wrote:

What forum software written in the last decade can look like

http://www.discussionist.com...

Actual threading. Tree view. All posts on a single page. Linking directly to posts. Embedding of images, video, etc. HTML or markdown. No messy re-quoting of all the previous posts.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 12:50:37 PM
How tall are you?

I've seen worse.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 1:43:47 PM
At 9/9/2015 12:50:37 PM, lannan13 wrote:
How tall are you?

I've seen worse.

The threading and tree would make this foum tenfold better.

YOu can have actual simultaneous conversations going and understand what the he11 is going on.
Mister_Man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:26:24 PM
At 9/9/2015 3:47:34 AM, TBR wrote:
How tall are you?

Step it up people!

> I like the poll section. Spend most of my time there, but between the filter, and the rash of stupid polls, we get Heil and Genesis.
>Spend most of my time there, but between the filter, and the rash of stupid polls
>but between the filter, and the rash of stupid polls
>but between the filter
>the filter

(anger intensifies)
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:28:09 PM

> I like the poll section. Spend most of my time there, but between the filter, and the rash of stupid polls, we get Heil and Genesis.
>Spend most of my time there, but between the filter, and the rash of stupid polls
>but between the filter
>the filter

(anger intensifies)

I have said, I would love to see the code. It has to be either brilliant or so bad that no one wants to touch it.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:31:03 PM
If I sat down to write out that logic, I don't think I could ever come up how the thing is setup. "Lets see... No swearing is a given, but how can I make it impossible to use... Well, lets start with random filtering of punctuation, that will frustrate them. No one likes too many numbers, so we got that too. Cant have a quote be more than the sum of the post, so..."

Seriously, its either wonderful or just batsh1t.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:32:09 PM
How tall are you?

If you could be a potatoe chip, which one would you be and why? A
Mister_Man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:33:52 PM
At 9/9/2015 3:28:09 PM, TBR wrote:

>but between the filter
>the filter

(anger intensifies)

I have said, I would love to see the code. It has to be either brilliant or so bad that no one wants to touch it.

A month or so ago when the filter broke, NOTHING BAD HAPPENED. Nobody took advantage of it, nobody spammed the same bullsh*t over and over, nobody advertised a bunch of stuff non<x>stop. The only "bad" thing was that people could swear, which nobody even really used maliciously. I say take the filter away completely until people start actually abusing it, because for the month it was gone, literally nothing bad happened.

And if something did, it must have either been dealt with quickly or not noticeable to many people because I'm on this site a lot (mostly in the polls, mind you) and I didn't see anything negative.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:08:13 PM
A month or so ago when the filter broke, NOTHING BAD HAPPENED. Nobody took advantage of it, nobody spammed the same bullsh*t over and over, nobody advertised a bunch of stuff non<x>stop. The only "bad" thing was that people could swear, which nobody even really used maliciously. I say take the filter away completely until people start actually abusing it, because for the month it was gone, literally nothing bad happened.

And if something did, it must have either been dealt with quickly or not noticeable to many people because I'm on this site a lot (mostly in the polls, mind you) and I didn't see anything negative.

Not as I have herd from PererSmith. She thinks everyone was "behaving like children". The delicate souls that cant see even one bit of profanity. Is no one reading Catcher in the Rye in HS anymore?
Mister_Man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:11:05 PM
At 9/9/2015 4:08:13 PM, TBR wrote:

Not as I have herd from PererSmith. She thinks everyone was "behaving like children". The delicate souls that cant see even one bit of profanity. Is no one reading Catcher in the Rye in HS anymore?

Peters thinks everyone behaves like children, I don't take anything she says at face value. She behaves like a 90 year old grandma who lost the ability smile so I didn't expect her to enjoy herself, or anything really, when the filter went down.

....no offense kinda