Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

The Front Page has issues

Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,067
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 1:39:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Do you see this debate?
http://www.debate.org...
It is being shown at the top of the front page, despite the fact that the voting period has presumably been over for 2 months. It's probable that the two debates under it have also been finished for a long time.

Why is this, and can anything be done about it?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:17:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 1:39:35 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Do you see this debate?
http://www.debate.org...
It is being shown at the top of the front page, despite the fact that the voting period has presumably been over for 2 months. It's probable that the two debates under it have also been finished for a long time.

Why is this, and can anything be done about it?

Yup. The three debates below it are newer but are like one month old so still old.

I asked Bsh1 that question and its cause Juggle is unresponsive and Airmax1227 can't do noting about it. I think if a DDOers unite and deactivate telling juggle to fix DDO or we won't come back will get their attention.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
Tough
Posts: 167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 5:43:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 4:30:07 PM, XLAV wrote:
Just get some hacker to hack the site.

Yeah, because porn is exactly what we want on the front page
Who is more terrifying; the one who is correct and successfully proves the liar wrong or the liar who successfully proves the correct one wrong?
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 5:54:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This glitch has been on for more than 4 months -- it began on April 27th.

http://www.debate.org...
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 6:20:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Again, we're very aware of the issue. We're just as annoyed as you are with it. We, however, don't actually have the ability to do anything about this. Nor does airmax, unfortunately. The only person with the ability to go into the site's code and make the necessary fixes to this is Juggle. Until we get in touch with them, there's not a whole lot we can do about it.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 6:25:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I discuss most of this here: http://www.debate.org...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 6:32:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 1:39:35 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Do you see this debate?
http://www.debate.org...
It is being shown at the top of the front page, despite the fact that the voting period has presumably been over for 2 months. It's probable that the two debates under it have also been finished for a long time.

Why is this, and can anything be done about it?

Because Juggle.
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 9:57:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
And no.
There's nothing you can do.
>:D
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 10:10:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 9:57:37 PM, MisterMittens wrote:
And no.
There's nothing you can do.
>:D

technically speaking if we all start viewing and commenting on another debate (preferably one not irritating to see on the front page every time we log in) then that would push it up to the front page since view count + vote count + comment count is what drives things on the front page in the first place (I think)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 10:14:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 10:10:04 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/9/2015 9:57:37 PM, MisterMittens wrote:
And no.
There's nothing you can do.
>:D

technically speaking if we all start viewing and commenting on another debate (preferably one not irritating to see on the front page every time we log in) then that would push it up to the front page since view count + vote count + comment count is what drives things on the front page in the first place (I think)

Silence infidel! We shall have none of your lies!!
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 10:16:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 10:14:33 PM, MisterMittens wrote:
At 9/9/2015 10:10:04 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/9/2015 9:57:37 PM, MisterMittens wrote:
And no.
There's nothing you can do.
>:D

technically speaking if we all start viewing and commenting on another debate (preferably one not irritating to see on the front page every time we log in) then that would push it up to the front page since view count + vote count + comment count is what drives things on the front page in the first place (I think)

Silence infidel! We shall have none of your lies!!

*hides under a rock out of fear of the unknown*
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 10:39:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 10:18:17 PM, MisterMittens wrote:
Now to conquer the world..

Start with the South, its been too long since they've gotten a good a** whipping.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 10:41:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 10:39:24 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/9/2015 10:18:17 PM, MisterMittens wrote:
Now to conquer the world..

Start with the South, its been too long since they've gotten a good a** whipping.....

Ye.
I shall start out my conquest as the Ruler of penguins.
None shall defy me.
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 10:43:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 10:41:39 PM, MisterMittens wrote:
At 9/9/2015 10:39:24 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/9/2015 10:18:17 PM, MisterMittens wrote:
Now to conquer the world..

Start with the South, its been too long since they've gotten a good a** whipping.....

Ye.
I shall start out my conquest as the Ruler of penguins.
None shall defy me.

I was talkin about the southern US but go ahead and live your dream
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 10:43:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 1:39:35 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Do you see this debate?
http://www.debate.org...
It is being shown at the top of the front page, despite the fact that the voting period has presumably been over for 2 months. It's probable that the two debates under it have also been finished for a long time.

Why is this, and can anything be done about it?

I blame it on Witchcraft
"Change your sig."
~YYW
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 10:45:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/9/2015 10:43:19 PM, imabench wrote:
I was talkin about the southern US but go ahead and live your dream

Wek.
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.