Jump to topic:

Loving v. Virgina

PalinFan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 1:47:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
As some of you may be aware in Loving v. Virgina the SCOTUS ruled that Virgina's law baring the marriage between a mixed race couple violated the equal protection clause of the United States constitution and in the court's decision it is written that "Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival."

Do you think that this legal precedent give leverage to those in favor of a judicial ruling abolishing the prohibition of gay marriage?
Super Man does not come close to the power of Jesus Christ - GodSands
PalinFan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 1:48:43 PM
Opps, I posted this in the wrong section. Do not respond to this thread I will repost in the politics forum.
Super Man does not come close to the power of Jesus Christ - GodSands
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 1:52:11 PM
At 9/8/2010 1:47:39 PM, PalinFan wrote:
As some of you may be aware in Loving v. Virgina the SCOTUS ruled that Virgina's law baring the marriage between a mixed race couple violated the equal protection clause of the United States constitution and in the court's decision it is written that "Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival."

Do you think that this legal precedent give leverage to those in favor of a judicial ruling abolishing the prohibition of gay marriage?
Yes.
What would be even better would be if the definition of marriage was changed to the union of two persons, not a man and woman.
I miss the old members.