Jump to topic:

People not liking me (gasp)

stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 9:46:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well I gusse some people on this site hate me and want me gone. On top of that they talk behind my back. Well just one thing I am disappointed in your lack of open mindness along with not having the balls the say it so my face.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 10:06:58 PM
It's just a debating website...
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 10:22:49 PM
At 9/19/2015 9:46:15 PM, stargate wrote:
Well I gusse some people on this site hate me and want me gone. On top of that they talk behind my back. Well just one thing I am disappointed in your lack of open mindness along with not having the balls the say it so my face.

It's not you, its them, this same thing happens to everyone except Taylor Swift...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 11:02:32 PM

Please take these points in the spirit they are intended.

People talk. If you are putting yourself out there in any real way, people will be MORE inclined to talk about you. This is not a bad thing, and surely not a reason to get "hurt".

Several times I have seen you post about how harmed you feel. If this sort of sensitivity is going to plague you, then you only have a couple routes. One, grow a thicker skin. Two, don't engage in controversy. Really, these are the only choices.
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 11:13:15 PM
At 9/19/2015 11:02:32 PM, TBR wrote:

People talk. If you are putting yourself out there in any real way, people will be MORE inclined to talk about you. This is not a bad thing, and surely not a reason to get "hurt".

Several times I have seen you post about how harmed you feel. If this sort of sensitivity is going to plague you, then you only have a couple routes. One, grow a thicker skin. Two, don't engage in controversy. Really, these are the only choices.

Oh I really don't care.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 11:30:29 PM
Aw, I don't hate you or want you gone.

Though as you know, you do need to improve your grammar and make more *informed* arguments as well as opening your mind to different political viewpoints.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 11:30:58 PM
At 9/19/2015 11:02:32 PM, TBR wrote:

Funny thing is I brush them off usually. It is just I find these personal attacks rather well disappointing is all. I belive if you hate someone then at least tell it to there face or in this case avatar.
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 11:34:25 PM
At 9/19/2015 11:30:29 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Though as you know, you do need to improve your grammar and make more *informed* arguments as well as opening your mind to different political viewpoints.

Thank you, I agree on those two things. The reason I misspell is due to I like to type fast and that comes at the cost of spelling. I try to understand peoples view points. I even think they have an good point sometimes like healthcare. It is just I have such an strong opinion sometimes anlong with my pride and vanity I do not chnage my stances on that issue that is why. Heck look at my profile if you can tell I have changed some things on the issues. One being torture
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 11:45:09 PM
At 9/19/2015 11:34:25 PM, stargate wrote:

Thank you, I agree on those two things. The reason I misspell is due to I like to type fast and that comes at the cost of spelling. I try to understand peoples view points. I even think they have an good point sometimes like healthcare. It is just I have such an strong opinion sometimes anlong with my pride and vanity I do not chnage my stances on that issue that is why. Heck look at my profile if you can tell I have changed some things on the issues. One being torture

You're welcome ;) And I understand about the spelling and typing fast as I sometimes do that myself but in a debate good grammar is considered one of the most *important* things and it considerably benefits a person's argument. Actually I can spell a few thinsg wrong which is why I use spellchecker.

As for viewpoints--that's okay to be passionate or have strong feelings on a subject but for the development of your own opinions and/or views it's really useful to expand and moderate them a little. It only serves to provide you with more-well rounded arguments. I find in a lot of your own you repeat the same points (which I used to do) and ignore the other persons or fail to evaluate them objectively...which is something else I used to do. Having too much pride undoubtedly does that.

It's just about improving.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
idoubtit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 11:46:14 PM
I don't know you and don't know of anything bad said about you (not that I've noticed anyway). The nature of this site, everyone will dislike someone and everyone will be disliked by someone. Focus on the people and parts you like. Hang in there.
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 11:47:31 PM
At 9/19/2015 11:45:09 PM, Emilrose wrote:

You're welcome ;) And I understand about the spelling and typing fast as I sometimes do that myself but in a debate good grammar is considered one of the most *important* things and it considerably benefits a person's argument. Actually I can spell a few thinsg wrong which is why I use spellchecker.

As for viewpoints--that's okay to be passionate or have strong feelings on a subject but for the development of your own opinions and/or views it's really useful to expand and moderate them a little. It only serves to provide you with more-well rounded arguments. I find in a lot of your own you repeat the same points (which I used to do) and ignore the other persons or fail to evaluate them objectively...which is something else I used to do. Having too much pride undoubtedly does that.

It's just about improving.

True
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2015 11:57:38 PM

I don't hate you. You just need to present yourself better and try to post comments with a high level of grammar.

Just a tip, instead of saying "we had to do it" back it up with facts and try to make your opinion strong. People will not agree with you, but at least they can respect you for being informed on the topic.

I know you can do it, its not very hard. try to read debates, expand your knowledge and become a better DDO user.

I seriously don't think anybody hates you, I think its just some find you annoying, but its mostly your grammar.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 1:35:35 AM

I like you.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 2:22:32 AM
At 9/20/2015 1:35:35 AM, Wylted wrote:

I like you.

I am never quite sure if I like you or not, however, I have never had a "private" discussion talking about you, and can't ever imagine that happening or you caring.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 3:47:02 AM

What brought this up?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 3:57:22 AM
At 9/20/2015 2:22:32 AM, TBR wrote:
At 9/20/2015 1:35:35 AM, Wylted wrote:

I like you.

I am never quite sure if I like you or not, however, I have never had a "private" discussion talking about you, and can't ever imagine that happening or you caring.

No I don't care. It's okay if people talk about me behind my back. I'm actually confused as to why that offends people.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 1:17:14 PM

I don't know you, and I don't have an opinion of you. But in general I find that most people on DDO are pleasant to interact with. There are exceptions, of course, but the general rule is that very few are bad people on here. I can count the "bad eggs" on one hand. All the others have left the site.

I'd suggest, though, that you not say stiff like "I'm disappointed in your lack of open mindedness along with not having the balls [to] say it [to] my face." As a general rule, that kind of comment isn't going to get people to like you. It's the kind of thing that basically announces to the world that you want to retaliate, and people don't like retaliation (even though it may or may not be justified).

Now, *I* totally get retaliation and I have no problem with it, but I'm not 'people' in general. Most 'people' (whether they cause problems for others or not) do not like problems for themselves.
Tsar of DDO
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 1:19:43 PM

I don't know you, and don't think I've ever seen you around, so I don't "dislike you."

I also don't know if there are people giving you trouble, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some. I'd counsel you to avoid those people and focus on the vast majority of people here who aren't incorrigible douchenozzles.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 1:23:54 PM
I didn't hate you and want you gone until I saw this thread
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 2:13:09 PM

I can type fast and spell just fine.
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 3:28:48 PM
At 9/20/2015 2:13:09 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

We are all different.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 3:47:30 PM
At 9/20/2015 3:28:48 PM, stargate wrote:

We are all different.

Or maybe you just suck at typing...
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 4:05:58 PM
At 9/20/2015 3:47:30 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 9/20/2015 3:28:48 PM, stargate wrote:

We are all different.

Or maybe you just suck at typing...
XD
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 5:40:39 PM

There is only one thing worse than being talked about... and that is NOT being talked about. ;)

https://www.youtube.com...
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 6:30:16 PM
At 9/20/2015 5:40:39 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

There is only one thing worse than being talked about... and that is NOT being talked about. ;)

https://www.youtube.com...
XD
MisterMittens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 8:51:26 PM

Zmike is right.
There's no such thing as bad publicity, as the saying goes.
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
stargate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 9:00:44 PM
At 9/20/2015 8:51:26 PM, MisterMittens wrote:

Zmike is right.
There's no such thing as bad publicity, as the saying goes.

True
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2015 11:39:54 PM
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 12:03:40 AM

Spend about a year here and you will stop caring what people think about you, unless you have thin skin. The worst thing someone can do is exclude you here. If that happens, so what? They have power over you on a little known website.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW