Total Posts:86|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Liberty Party Recruitment

I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:16:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
It's election time people. And the Liberty Party are officially inviting members to join our prestigious organisation. Joining allows you to vote in our primaries and get the liberty parties endorsement.

As for who the liberty party is, we hold a libertarian philosophy. Anyone who cherishes freedom, freed markets and liberty should join this party.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:21:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:19:52 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:17:00 PM, Volkov wrote:
They also want to give your mother the freedom to be a prostitute - and its the Liberty Party that said that!

Fair enough.

You missed the point, Cody. It was something Panda said before in the last election.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:21:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I thought it was the Freedom Party.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:22:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:21:19 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:19:52 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:17:00 PM, Volkov wrote:
They also want to give your mother the freedom to be a prostitute - and its the Liberty Party that said that!

Fair enough.

You missed the point, Cody. It was something Panda said before in the last election.

I'm quite aware of what he said.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:23:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:17:00 PM, Volkov wrote:
They also want to make your mother a prostitute - and its the OP that said that!

That is when I was misguided by the reform party and was blatant misinformed slander. I regret my actions back then and am not thing positively. At the very least we recognise the right for people to whatever they want to to do with their bodies and make use of them for sexual purposes in exchange for cash, and if they want to do so then so be it.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:24:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:22:44 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:21:19 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:19:52 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:17:00 PM, Volkov wrote:
They also want to give your mother the freedom to be a prostitute - and its the Liberty Party that said that!

Fair enough.

You missed the point, Cody. It was something Panda said before in the last election.

I'm quite aware of what he said.

Then why would you switch it around if you knew the context behind it was completely different from any correction you could make to it?
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:25:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:23:35 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
That is when I was misguided by the reform party

Omigawd, HE WAS A DIRTY LIE-BERAL! How can the Liberty Party accept such trash?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:26:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:25:07 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:23:35 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
That is when I was misguided by the reform party

Omigawd, HE WAS A DIRTY LIE-BERAL! How can the Liberty Party accept such trash?

I have seen the error of my ways and hope you will do the same one day.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:26:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:24:15 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:22:44 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:21:19 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:19:52 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:17:00 PM, Volkov wrote:
They also want to give your mother the freedom to be a prostitute - and its the Liberty Party that said that!

Fair enough.

You missed the point, Cody. It was something Panda said before in the last election.

I'm quite aware of what he said.

Then why would you switch it around if you knew the context behind it was completely different from any correction you could make to it?

I thought it would be fun, and a more accurate statement of the Liberty Party's stance on prostitution. Surely, you would not, as an honest politician, want to do anything which would deliberately misrepresent the opposing party, would you?
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:29:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:26:05 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I have seen the error of my ways and hope you will do the same one day.

Never.

Cody said:
I thought it would be fun, and a more accurate statement of the Liberty Party's stance on prostitution. Surely, you would not, as an honest politician, want to do anything which would deliberately misrepresent the opposing party, would you?

I prefer Tony Blair's paraphrased answer to this question: sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:30:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:29:06 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:26:05 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I have seen the error of my ways and hope you will do the same one day.

Never.

You're close-mindedness disturbs me.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:30:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:30:04 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
You're close-mindedness disturbs me.

Your flip-floppiness disturbs me even more!
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:33:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:30:41 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:30:04 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
You're close-mindedness disturbs me.

Your flip-floppiness disturbs me even more!

I had a change of heart. At the very least I'm open to new ideas and an alternative way of doing thing.

Regardless, this is the Liberty Partys Recruitment Thread. I would please ask you to refrain from posting in this thread unless you intend to join our prestigious party.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:34:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:33:06 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I had a change of heart. At the very least I'm open to new ideas and an alternative way of doing thing.

Except you've gone from die-hard liberal to die-hard libertarian in the span of days. You're like a slowed-down Freedo.

Regardless, this is the Liberty Partys Recruitment Thread. I would please ask you to refrain from posting in this thread unless you intend to join our prestigious party.

Now you're telling me I can't post in whatever thread I wish to?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:37:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:34:12 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:33:06 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I had a change of heart. At the very least I'm open to new ideas and an alternative way of doing thing.

Except you've gone from die-hard liberal to die-hard libertarian in the span of days. You're like a slowed-down Freedo.

No, I've progressed over the last few months.


Regardless, this is the Liberty Partys Recruitment Thread. I would please ask you to refrain from posting in this thread unless you intend to join our prestigious party.

Now you're telling me I can't post in whatever thread I wish to?

I'm kindly asking you to not post in this thread, it serves a purpose other than argumentation.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:41:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:37:48 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
No, I've progressed over the last few months.

If you say so, Slowdo.

I'm kindly asking you to not post in this thread, it serves a purpose other than argumentation.

Much like you ask others kindly not to even be on the site. Much like you ask others to not even bother posting if what they say does not conform to your standards.

I implore you, Liberty Party members - is Panda really the kind of representation you want for your organization? A person who tries to run others off the site, who holds judgmental and often prejudiced opinions against those he considers lower than him? Does the Liberty Party really stand for bigotry? I hope not.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:42:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:37:48 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
No, I've progressed over the last few months.
Because you felt pressure from others, particularly on this site.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:43:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:42:38 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:37:48 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
No, I've progressed over the last few months.
Because you felt pressure from others, particularly on this site.

No, no I didn't, I reached a conclusion based on the evidence I have found. Again, this is for recruiting members, not for discussion over my political ideology.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:44:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:42:38 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:37:48 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
No, I've progressed over the last few months.
Because you felt pressure from others, particularly on this site.

I doubt it. I have even been exploring some libertarian ideas and some do sound appealing.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:45:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:41:56 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:37:48 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

I'm kindly asking you to not post in this thread, it serves a purpose other than argumentation.

Much like you ask others kindly not to even be on the site. Much like you ask others to not even bother posting if what they say does not conform to your standards.

Not asking as kindly as asking to improver their standards. Most members concurred said members standards needed to improve, but didn't agree with my means. Did I, however, break any laws?


I implore you, Liberty Party members - is Panda really the kind of representation you want for your organization? A person who tries to run others off the site, who holds judgmental and often prejudiced opinions against those he considers lower than him? Does the Liberty Party really stand for bigotry? I hope not.

And I implore the Reform Party for a blatant attack on my character.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:45:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:43:21 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
No, no I didn't, I reached a conclusion based on the evidence I have found.
Not true. You wanted to be more accepted, you felt pressure.

Again, this is for recruiting members, not for discussion over my political ideology.
OK.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:46:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:45:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Not asking as kindly as asking to improver their standards. Most members concurred said members standards needed to improve, but didn't agree with my means. Did I, however, break any laws?
Unfortunately, yes.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:46:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:45:37 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:43:21 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
No, no I didn't, I reached a conclusion based on the evidence I have found.
Not true. You wanted to be more accepted, you felt pressure.


Look at the DDO political compass. Liberals outweigh Libertarians by a lot.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:47:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:44:34 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I doubt it. I have even been exploring some libertarian ideas and some do sound appealing.
When confronted with pressure from others, usually want to adapt to their views, so as to be more accepted. I know it due to the way people change their ideologies. I know that innomen, for instance, did it through years of experience and through much thought.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:48:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:44:34 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I have even been exploring some libertarian ideas and some do sound appealing.

Impossible for an authoritarian to say.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 12:49:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/12/2010 12:46:27 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:45:37 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/12/2010 12:43:21 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
No, no I didn't, I reached a conclusion based on the evidence I have found.
Not true. You wanted to be more accepted, you felt pressure.


Look at the DDO political compass. Liberals outweigh Libertarians by a lot.
And neither of them outweigh both combined. They share similar views. You now just lean toward the more extreme point of it.