Jump to topic:

Voting problem.

ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 3:57:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Okay so I've seen this many times. In a very good debate pro or con forfeits once or twice but made many good arguments. But the voters choose to ignore them and just focus on the one forfeit and write ff. Which btw means full forfeit.

Why? Voter please asses the whole debate and give whoever didn't forfeit the conduct but do not ignore the arguments. I have nit been a victim of this but I know all of as are guilty of it (except Bladerunner) so stop doing it or don't vote.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 10:58:34 AM
At 9/21/2015 3:57:53 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:
Okay so I've seen this many times. In a very good debate pro or con forfeits once or twice but made many good arguments. But the voters choose to ignore them and just focus on the one forfeit and write ff. Which btw means full forfeit.

First, "FF" can mean "forfeit" or "full forfeit." Second, those voters only award the conduct point - if they award arguments points simply on account of forfeits, they will be penalized.

Why? Voter please asses the whole debate and give whoever didn't forfeit the conduct but do not ignore the arguments. I have nit been a victim of this but I know all of as are guilty of it (except Bladerunner) so stop doing it or don't vote.

I strongly agree with this post, though. People shouldn't simply award the conduct point - no matter *what* points awarded, every judge should read the entire debate. Or they just shouldn't vote.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 11:18:33 AM

Agreed, though when I do offer just the FF point, I do so when it is pretty clear the side that didn't forfeit won.
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2015 11:52:50 AM
At 9/21/2015 10:58:34 AM, tejretics wrote:

First, "FF" can mean "forfeit" or "full forfeit." Second, those voters only award the conduct point - if they award arguments points simply on account of forfeits, they will be penalized.
I think it was originally full forfeit cause forfiet is one word making it just F.
That's what I said. I meant they should award arguments point even though there was a forfeit.

I strongly agree with this post, though. People shouldn't simply award the conduct point - no matter *what* points awarded, every judge should read the entire debate. Or they just shouldn't vote.

Agreed.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"