Jump to topic:

To those of an independent mind.

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 1:56:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I tell you to not be bound by the platform of a party not of your making. I tell you to consider the divergent views that keep this site strong and stay true to yourselves and not join a party. Parties are a source of personal compromise and eventual corruption. By staying unbound and free to cast your ballot in any direction you choose, you maintain the integrity and balance that is the very nature of this site.

Consider not, those who would have you cast a ballot in their direction, but cast your ballot in the direction you choose! This site is strong by our individual strengths not by the strength of those who would direct you in a purpose not of your own.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 2:00:57 PM
Innomen's "party" has no basic ideology. It has no structure. It has no direction. It will be a loose organization of such a very wide and divergent population that will be able to agree on nothing. It will lead to nothing short of organization chaos.

I shall call it the:
Chaos Party
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 2:03:02 PM
This is why you shouldn't have none Sovietology, Brezhnev and his 'tight' communist party were the good guys, not everyone has to go separate like Novotny.

All hail our wise and powerful comrade Mirza!
'sup DDO -- july 2013
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 2:04:37 PM
At 9/12/2010 1:56:27 PM, innomen wrote:
I tell you to not be bound by the platform of a party not of your making. I tell you to consider the divergent views that keep this site strong and stay true to yourselves and not join a party. Parties are a source of personal compromise and eventual corruption. By staying unbound and free to cast your ballot in any direction you choose, you maintain the integrity and balance that is the very nature of this site.

Consider not, those who would have you cast a ballot in their direction, but cast your ballot in the direction you choose! This site is strong by our individual strengths not by the strength of those who would direct you in a purpose not of your own.

You like Rousseau, do you?
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 2:05:00 PM
At 9/12/2010 2:00:57 PM, JBlake wrote:
Innomen's "party" has no basic ideology. It has no structure. It has no direction. It will be a loose organization of such a very wide and divergent population that will be able to agree on nothing. It will lead to nothing short of organization chaos.

I shall call it the:
Chaos Party

That;s true. Voting is always about casting your ballot in favour of the less of two evils. If you really cannot bring yourself to do do that stand as an independent yourself - but don't waste your vote by abstaining.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 2:05:14 PM
At 9/12/2010 2:03:02 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
This is why you shouldn't have none Sovietology, Brezhnev and his 'tight' communist party were the good guys, not everyone has to go separate like Novotny.

Yeah, that party worked out real well. Exactly my point in the OP.

All hail our wise and powerful comrade Mirza!
YOu two definitely belong together.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 2:06:02 PM
At 9/12/2010 2:04:37 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 9/12/2010 1:56:27 PM, innomen wrote:

You like Rousseau, do you?
(Wut? How is this...)

Pardon?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 2:09:21 PM
Sorry, that should have read:

"That's true. Voting is always about casting your ballot in favour of the lesser of two evils. If you really cannot bring yourself to do that, then stand as an independent candidate yourself - but don't waste your vote by abstaining."
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 2:13:08 PM
I ask each and everyone of you to look inside of yourself and know that it is your independent nature that brought you to this site. You didn't come here to ascribe to someone else's doctrine and belief system. No! You came here as individuals to further grow as an individual and to add your own individuality to this site. I tell you to not join the parties that will little by slow diminish the great disparity that makes this site work as it does. Stay independent!
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 3:05:00 PM
Joining an established party does not mean you must subordinate your views and ideology to the party line. It means that you are joining a group with a similar ideology. Together, you may advocate in favor of your shared ideology. Where you differ, you may work within the party to compromise or change the party's stance on that issue. Either way, you don't have to compromise your ideology.

Innomen is just trying to bring chaos to the election so that he may reap the benefits of disorganization! Stay away from Innomen's Chaos Party!
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 3:11:01 PM
At 9/12/2010 3:05:00 PM, JBlake wrote:
Joining an established party does not mean you must subordinate your views and ideology to the party line. It means that you are joining a group with a similar ideology. Together, you may advocate in favor of your shared ideology. Where you differ, you may work within the party to compromise or change the party's stance on that issue. Either way, you don't have to compromise your ideology.

Innomen is just trying to bring chaos to the election so that he may reap the benefits of disorganization! Stay away from Innomen's Chaos Party!

Of course it does. In almost every case you compromise your ideals for the majority of a party rather than identifying with an individual.

I also welcome chaos, indeed chaos is one of those things that i cherish most about DDO. I suppose you and your party would have a well regulated form of DDO? I say nay to those who look for a direction of such reforms as Blake and his DDO reformers would promote.