DDO controversy.

ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 1:08:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
When was the last big one?
I think it was the Juggle update but there was nothing we could do about that. So when was the last user vs user or user vs DDO controversy ? And can we have another? This site could use a little spice. Lol.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
lol101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 1:16:18 PM
At 9/24/2015 1:08:47 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
I think it was the Juggle update but there was nothing we could do about that. So when was the last user vs user or user vs DDO controversy ? And can we have another? This site could use a little spice. Lol.

Let's make one.
Lol
"Logic is true = sky = blue"
-Rapping vi_spex.
Lol101, stop crab finching my Foo fights! It is my tree! And stop being a SpongeBob sorter!

The Lying Asteroids Nullify A Dirt Asteroid Home Immediately
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 1:17:14 PM

Maybe Born of God? I lost a lot of respect for DDO after that. I mean, imabench gets temp banned for sexually harrassing a member but BoG gets perm banned for posting irrelevant comments.
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 1:19:55 PM
At 9/24/2015 1:17:14 PM, Hayd wrote:

Maybe Born of God? I lost a lot of respect for DDO after that. I mean, imabench gets temp banned for sexually harrassing a member but BoG gets perm banned for posting irrelevant comments.

Ikr? But that's kinda old.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 1:21:46 PM
The only real sources of controversy that I've seen now are DJR and Bullproof, both of whom are about the least pleasant people to interact with because they are incredibly hostile to others, evidence of which is amply demonstrated throughout their posts.

As is always the case, there are very strong arguments to ban permanently toxic members like that, but in general terms it's unlikely, because of the way that moderation does things.
Tsar of DDO
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 1:25:24 PM
At 9/24/2015 1:16:18 PM, lol101 wrote:

Let's make one.

Okay you stupid idiot! JK.

Fun fact of the week

Joke of the week:
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 1:26:52 PM

Or how Imabench gets Zarroette's scheduel and threatens to go after her. That man's done some crazy things, but I'm not getting into DDO politics when I hold grudges against multiple people.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 11:56:16 PM
I think it was the Juggle update but there was nothing we could do about that.

What was that?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 11:59:37 PM
I heard my name

Im assuming good things have been said

Though I wouldnt be surprised if they werent

Anyways my vote goes to that 3 week period of time where the front page wasnt updated and every time we logged in there was that damn debate about gun control on the front page that I think maybe 5 people voted on, if anyone is keeping a tally
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 12:01:43 AM

Very true.. :/
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 1:57:09 PM
At 9/24/2015 1:21:46 PM, YYW wrote:
The only real sources of controversy that I've seen now are DJR and Bullproof, both of whom are about the least pleasant people to interact with because they are incredibly hostile to others, evidence of which is amply demonstrated throughout their posts.

As is always the case, there are very strong arguments to ban permanently toxic members like that, but in general terms it's unlikely, because of the way that moderation does things.

Bully's been banned before, and from the look of his ability to learn, will be licking the banhammer again pretty soon. DJR is mostly inconsequential.

Interesting that the religion board is not more often the source of the biggest, most nasty controversies. One would expect that.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 10:48:08 PM
These past two weeks have been extremely controversial. That the controversy in one significant instance has resulted in what may be the first ever withdrawel from the site on a willful basis is relatively significant. I won't go into the details because the matter is over. The other really significant controversy has I think not been resolved and I am dissatisfied with the way it has progressed, what has been done about it, as well as what has not been done about it... But I will not comment further for concern of the results of throwing gasoline on burning embers.
Tsar of DDO
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 11:44:28 PM

I don't know when the *last* one was, but I remember one of them was when hect complained about DDO's censorship and started spamming and multi-accounting. I guess that's a pretty big 'user vs DDO controversy.'
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 11:51:02 PM
It was the "Europe is Superior to the U.S." debate back in January. That thing got pretty out of hand. Since then nothing has gotten as crazy.
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 11:58:03 PM
Zarroette or Mikal should return. They were very controversial users, and they generated a lot activity.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 12:01:15 AM
At 9/30/2015 11:58:03 PM, Varrack wrote:
Zarroette or Mikal should return. They were very controversial users, and they generated a lot activity.

I doubt they would want to be active for the sole purpose of being controversial.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 12:30:14 AM
At 9/30/2015 11:51:02 PM, Varrack wrote:
It was the "Europe is Superior to the U.S." debate back in January. That thing got pretty out of hand. Since then nothing has gotten as crazy.

my gun debate with hitch deserves some mention. So does my other one with Hayd, but in a bad way
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 12:46:43 AM
At 10/1/2015 12:30:14 AM, tajshar2k wrote:

my gun debate with hitch deserves some mention. So does my other one with Hayd, but in a bad way

I don't think they do. I'll be flat out honest with you Taj...neither of them were very good. They did gain some attention, but that's because the first one was on the front page and the second was close.

But you're not bad at all. You've had some good ones.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 1:03:44 AM
At 10/1/2015 12:46:43 AM, Varrack wrote:
At 10/1/2015 12:30:14 AM, tajshar2k wrote:

I don't think they do. I'll be flat out honest with you Taj...neither of them were very good. They did gain some attention, but that's because the first one was on the front page and the second was close.

But you're not bad at all. You've had some good ones.

Yup, no offense taken. You are right. I wasn't too happy with the one with Hayd especially. I did enjoy my DP debate, and a few others so, you are 100% right.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k