Send a Message
9/24/2015 9:47:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
*** Introduction ***

The Voter's Union is a new group dedicated to the following goals:

1 - Increasing vote quantity.
2 - Increasing vote quality.
3 - Increase quantity of voters.

All three are vital to succeed. Increased quantity without quality is meaningless, and increase quality without quantity doesn't fix the problem. Increasing both does nothing if it's the same few voters casting the votes (which causes burnout.)

*** Methods ***

To increase quality, we will train and teach anyone and everyone who wants on how to vote better. We will also review each others votes and give feedback to help each other grow as voters.

To increase quantity and quantity of voters, we will offer bi-weekly incentives for voters. Members will have their votes rated from 1 - 2 (poor - great). The ratings will be counted up as points (more votes and better votes = more points). Every two weeks, the user with the most points win a prize! You can not win twice in a row, both to insure everyone gets a chance to win and to prevent burn out.

What are the prizes? Any one of the following:
- A $5 - $10 video game.
- A free month of a web service (like Hulu or Netflix)

Yes, actual prizes that cost money.**

At the end of this year, the voter with the highest average weekly point count will receive the Grand Prize: Any video game of their choosing! For any console and any price* or release date. Fallout 4? Done. Doom 4? Done. Halo 5? Done. The prize can be exchanged for any reasonable substitute of equal value.

The criteria for how votes will be judged will be listed in the PM. A simplified version is as follows: A rating of 0 will get the vote removed. A rating of 1 means the voting conventions of the Voter's Union were met. A rating of 2 means the vote went in depth on each round.

*** Set Up ***

Everyone will be given a PM linking them to that month's Google Doc file (a weekly PM leads to voter burnout and the host's burnout.) The Docs file will list off all debates submitted to the Union. If you don't have a Gmail (for the Google Docs file), you can still review the file, and if you need to submit something, you can post it in the PM with the link to the file.

The person you submit the debate to may not vote on your debate. Two voters will pick (or be asked to vote on) your debate. One who is Pro the resolution and one who is Con the resolution. Both of the above prevent voting bias.

Members may post their own debates. They may also post non-submitted debates that they believe need voting.

When signing up for the Voter's Union, the member agrees to the following terms when voting on a submitted vote:
- No Conduct or Spelling/Grammar may be awarded.
- Every argument (not to be confused with an individual claim) must get a mention in the vote.

Please remove all of the above when quoting the Sign Up list...
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
-- notes --

* Under $80.... Be reasonable.
** I will be footing the whole bill for the Voters Union (I do have plans later on, but they still require review.)
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 9:54:16 PM
TL:DR

* It's a union of voters set up with features to avoid the causes of Burnout.

*The group will award prizes (from a month of a web service, to a $5 - $10 video games) every two weeks.

*A Video Game of any choice, size, console, or cost, will be award at the end of the year.

*We will use a Google Docs file every month, instead of spamming each other with PM.

*There is a voting standard members must follow for submitted debates.

*Debate won't be looked for. They must be submitted (members can post non-submitted debate. They just aren't required to look for debates.)

Feel free to ask questions.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2015 11:19:43 PM
At 9/24/2015 9:47:59 PM, donald.keller wrote:
*** Introduction ***

The Voter's Union is a new group dedicated to the following goals:

1 - Increasing vote quantity.
2 - Increasing vote quality.
3 - Increase quantity of voters.

All three are vital to succeed. Increased quantity without quality is meaningless, and increase quality without quantity doesn't fix the problem. Increasing both does nothing if it's the same few voters casting the votes (which causes burnout.)

*** Methods ***

To increase quality, we will train and teach anyone and everyone who wants on how to vote better. We will also review each others votes and give feedback to help each other grow as voters.

To increase quantity and quantity of voters, we will offer bi-weekly incentives for voters. Members will have their votes rated from 1 - 2 (poor - great). The ratings will be counted up as points (more votes and better votes = more points). Every two weeks, the user with the most points win a prize! You can not win twice in a row, both to insure everyone gets a chance to win and to prevent burn out.

What are the prizes? Any one of the following:
- A $5 - $10 video game.
- A free month of a web service (like Hulu or Netflix)

Yes, actual prizes that cost money.**

At the end of this year, the voter with the highest average weekly point count will receive the Grand Prize: Any video game of their choosing! For any console and any price* or release date. Fallout 4? Done. Doom 4? Done. Halo 5? Done. The prize can be exchanged for any reasonable substitute of equal value.

The criteria for how votes will be judged will be listed in the PM. A simplified version is as follows: A rating of 0 will get the vote removed. A rating of 1 means the voting conventions of the Voter's Union were met. A rating of 2 means the vote went in depth on each round.

*** Set Up ***

Everyone will be given a PM linking them to that month's Google Doc file (a weekly PM leads to voter burnout and the host's burnout.) The Docs file will list off all debates submitted to the Union. If you don't have a Gmail (for the Google Docs file), you can still review the file, and if you need to submit something, you can post it in the PM with the link to the file.

The person you submit the debate to may not vote on your debate. Two voters will pick (or be asked to vote on) your debate. One who is Pro the resolution and one who is Con the resolution. Both of the above prevent voting bias.

Members may post their own debates. They may also post non-submitted debates that they believe need voting.

When signing up for the Voter's Union, the member agrees to the following terms when voting on a submitted vote:
- Every argument (not to be confused with an individual claim) must get a mention in the vote.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
-- notes --

* Under $80.... Be reasonable.
** I will be footing the whole bill for the Voters Union (I do have plans later on, but they still require review.)

Nice idea. :P
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 12:27:02 AM

1 - whiteflame
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

I suppose I'll be the first.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 12:28:58 AM
At 9/25/2015 12:27:02 AM, whiteflame wrote:

1 - whiteflame
2 - ColeTrain (maybe)
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Forgot to sign up, lol
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 1:05:31 AM
At 9/25/2015 12:28:58 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

1 - whiteflame
2 - ColeTrain (maybe)
3 - lannan13
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Forgot to sign up, lol
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 1:32:44 AM

Why no conduct or S&G, if it's just a full forfeit I don't think just giving them the conduct wouldn't be an issue.

With this being a "Union" are we required to pay "Union dues?"

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 1:39:45 AM
At 9/25/2015 1:32:44 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Why no conduct or S&G, if it's just a full forfeit I don't think just giving them the conduct wouldn't be an issue.

If it's a full forfeit, giving them arguments and sources would equally work. But then again, any point would work...

Voting is about determining who wins the debate. Neither spelling or conduct matters there. It's just a means to corrupt a vote.

Yes. 15% of every vote you earn.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 2:35:43 AM
At 9/25/2015 1:05:31 AM, lannan13 wrote:

1 - whiteflame
2 - ColeTrain (maybe)
3 - lannan13
4 - Hayd
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -

Good idea, I hope this one works in spite of all the others failing. Look forward to it.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 2:47:42 AM
At 9/25/2015 2:35:43 AM, Hayd wrote:

1 - whiteflame
2 - ColeTrain (maybe)
3 - lannan13
4 - Hayd
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -

Good idea, I hope this one works in spite of all the others failing. Look forward to it.

I've run a very successful voting guild before. Only Blade's was better.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 2:56:16 AM
At 9/25/2015 2:47:42 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 9/25/2015 2:35:43 AM, Hayd wrote:

1 - whiteflame
2 - ColeTrain (maybe)
3 - lannan13
4 - Hayd
5 - Jonbonbon
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -

I've run a very successful voting guild before. Only Blade's was better.

Every movement on here ends eventually. That doesn't mean that it's a bad idea or that we shouldn't support it. I'm in.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 2:56:25 AM
At 9/25/2015 1:39:45 AM, donald.keller wrote:

If it's a full forfeit, giving them arguments and sources would equally work. But then again, any point would work...

Voting is about determining who wins the debate. Neither spelling or conduct matters there. It's just a means to corrupt a vote.

This is a great idea but the S&G and conduct point should be used. For one thing forfeiting should be penalized (not just Full forfeit) and there are some debates you just can't understand due to the horrible grammar.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 2:58:59 AM
At 9/25/2015 2:56:25 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

This is a great idea but the S&G and conduct point should be used. For one thing forfeiting should be penalized (not just Full forfeit) and there are some debates you just can't understand due to the horrible grammar.

If you forfeit, it will reflect in your Arguments score. Leaving the option up only allows for corrupt point distribution. FF'ing is penalized when assessing the argument and how the ff effects it.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 2:59:26 AM
At 9/25/2015 2:57:28 AM, XLAV wrote:
OMG PRIZES

/in

Lol every two weeks! :D

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 3:00:43 AM
At 9/25/2015 2:56:25 AM, ClashnBoom wrote:

And S&G in no way affects the debate... At all. If the spelling and grammar is really that bad, then it will also reflect on your arguments.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 5:54:04 AM

1 - Whiteflame
2 - ColeTrain
3 - Lannan13
4 - Hayd
5 - Jonbonbon
6 - Xlav
7 - Donald.Keller
8 -
9 -

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 6:01:17 AM
*** A Quick Notice ***

Just because you sign up for the Union doesn't mean you can't cast your own separate votes that goes against the Union's conventions. It only means that if the debate is submitted to the Union, all Union votes on it must follow the convention.

So if you find a debate that wasn't submitted to the Union, you can vote however you want. And yes, your vote does count towards the Union prize... Of course, only if it meets the conventions, since the vote gets ranked as 0 if it doesn't.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 9:42:35 AM
At 9/25/2015 2:59:26 AM, donald.keller wrote:
OMG PRIZES

/in

how will u give me prize though?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 1:09:42 PM

How is that a corrupt vote. If I have to vote on a vi_spex debate I'm going to award S&G since he doesn't know how to capitalize his letters like dairygirl.

If our only pay is that via votes then I can do this, but if we are doing nothing but paying out in monetary value then you can take me off the list as this would obviously be something that's not worth my time.

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 1:22:43 PM
At 9/25/2015 5:54:04 AM, donald.keller wrote:

1 - Whiteflame
2 - ColeTrain (maybe)
3 - Lannan13
4 - Hayd
5 - Jonbonbon
6 - Xlav
7 - Donald.Keller
8 -
9 -
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 5:59:24 PM
At 9/25/2015 9:42:35 AM, XLAV wrote:
OMG PRIZES

/in

Steam gifting. For webservices, I open an account, and pay one month, and give the account to it's new owner.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 6:03:49 PM
At 9/25/2015 1:09:42 PM, lannan13 wrote:

How is that a corrupt vote. If I have to vote on a vi_spex debate I'm going to award S&G since he doesn't know how to capitalize his letters like dairygirl.

I didn't say that was a corrupt vote. I said it's a means for one. When someone gets 75% of the votes, but the opponent got more points, it's because people using S/G and Conduct to give the opponent more points. It's for bias point distribution, and not much else.

Conduct and S/G may reflect on the opponent, it has nothing to do with who wins a debate. If they ff, their arguments will be hurt by it. The penalty is against their arguments.

And s&g have literally nothing to do with debate... At all. A debate is soley about who had better arguments and who backed their argument with better sourcing.

If our only pay is that via votes then I can do this, but if we are doing nothing but paying out in monetary value then you can take me off the list as this would obviously be something that's not worth my time.

Lol there is no fee xD

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 6:05:19 PM
At 9/25/2015 1:22:43 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

1 - Whiteflame
2 - ColeTrain (maybe)
3 - Lannan13
4 - Hayd
5 - Jonbonbon
6 - Xlav
7 - Donald.Keller
8 -
9 -

There's no point in putting "maybe" there... If you sign up, but can't do anything, than you just won't be active. You can still be in the group.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 6:38:41 PM
At 9/25/2015 6:05:19 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 9/25/2015 1:22:43 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

1 - Whiteflame
2 - ColeTrain (maybe)
3 - Lannan13
4 - Hayd
5 - Jonbonbon
6 - Xlav
7 - Donald.Keller
8 -
9 -

There's no point in putting "maybe" there... If you sign up, but can't do anything, than you just won't be active. You can still be in the group.

Okay. I wasn't sure if that was acceptable, so I was going to wait until near when it started to make my final decision. If that is the case, I'll go ahead and join.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 6:39:23 PM
1 - Whiteflame
2 - ColeTrain
3 - Lannan13
4 - Hayd
5 - Jonbonbon
6 - Xlav
7 - Donald.Keller
8 -
9 -
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 1:35:03 AM
At 9/25/2015 5:59:24 PM, donald.keller wrote:
OMG PRIZES

/in

Steam gifting. For webservices, I open an account, and pay one month, and give the account to it's new owner.

but... you cant gift me steam games cuz of region lock D:
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 3:05:27 AM
At 9/26/2015 1:35:03 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 9/25/2015 5:59:24 PM, donald.keller wrote:
OMG PRIZES

/in

but... you cant gift me steam games cuz of region lock D:

Than I shall find a way! :D

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Balacafa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 10:29:07 AM
1 - Whiteflame
2 - ColeTrain
3 - Lannan13