Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

YYW On Forum Civility

YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 3:45:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
All,

Many subjects we discuss are controversial, but the fact that a person disagrees with you does not make them a bad person. Many subjects that we discuss here are complicated; and the fact that a person does not appreciate the nuances and/or finer points of that subject does not make them the kind of person who deserves to be shunned and shamed for that.

There is a conspicuous difference between "conduct which can be engaged in because it is not forbidden by whatever moderation policy is currently in effect" and "conduct that should be engaged in because it is good and productive for the community." There is a tendency among users who do things which are permitted simply because they are not forbidden, even if abiding by any basic standard of human interaction ought to foreclose their doing so.

As a disclaimer: I obviously acknowledge that I am not perfect, and (as is evidenced prolifically throughout my more than twenty six thousand posts) it is within my capacity to be one of the nastiest users on this site. When people insult me, whether meritorious or otherwise, I'm going to respond even if the more mature thing might be to not do that. That is, more or less, consistent with human nature, in that it is human nature to punch back when someone punches you whether you deserve it or not. I, like everyone else, feel justified in doing whatever I'm doing, and regard others who provoked me into doing things -whether that is objectively the case- as being entirely at fault for any retaliation I may visit upon them. Let me be clear when I say that this kind of tit for tat escalation is not good.

There have been a number of threads posted from a certain user which rise to the level of reprehensibility. We all know to whom I am referring. This is the kind of content that I object to, especially when that same user has repeatedly attacked bsh1 and others, and despite facing some modest penalties from moderation, continues without fail to do the same things over and over again. This is unhealthy for the forum.

I have recently been encouraged by a post that Yassine made in the religion forum; and though naive as it may be to hope that things in the religion forum could get better, if it can happen there it can happen anywhere. Despite the new moderation policy (though not new any more), there remain ample examples of decidedly unpleasant members who post decidedly unpleasant things. I could name them, but we all know who they are, so there would be no point.

These things I say with the sole suggestion that we ignore, moving forward, all things that users who conduct themselves in manners that are deleterious to this forum; and respond only to those things that advance the kinds of discussion that we want to have. Though I cannot promise that I will do that moving forward, I will try. I would ask that others do the same.

If this thread has been in vain... so be it. It was worth a try.
Tsar of DDO
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 4:39:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 3:45:41 PM, YYW wrote:
All,

Many subjects we discuss are controversial, but the fact that a person disagrees with you does not make them a bad person. Many subjects that we discuss here are complicated; and the fact that a person does not appreciate the nuances and/or finer points of that subject does not make them the kind of person who deserves to be shunned and shamed for that.

There is a conspicuous difference between "conduct which can be engaged in because it is not forbidden by whatever moderation policy is currently in effect" and "conduct that should be engaged in because it is good and productive for the community." There is a tendency among users who do things which are permitted simply because they are not forbidden, even if abiding by any basic standard of human interaction ought to foreclose their doing so.

As a disclaimer: I obviously acknowledge that I am not perfect, and (as is evidenced prolifically throughout my more than twenty six thousand posts) it is within my capacity to be one of the nastiest users on this site. When people insult me, whether meritorious or otherwise, I'm going to respond even if the more mature thing might be to not do that. That is, more or less, consistent with human nature, in that it is human nature to punch back when someone punches you whether you deserve it or not. I, like everyone else, feel justified in doing whatever I'm doing, and regard others who provoked me into doing things -whether that is objectively the case- as being entirely at fault for any retaliation I may visit upon them. Let me be clear when I say that this kind of tit for tat escalation is not good.

There have been a number of threads posted from a certain user which rise to the level of reprehensibility. We all know to whom I am referring. This is the kind of content that I object to, especially when that same user has repeatedly attacked bsh1 and others, and despite facing some modest penalties from moderation, continues without fail to do the same things over and over again. This is unhealthy for the forum.

I have recently been encouraged by a post that Yassine made in the religion forum; and though naive as it may be to hope that things in the religion forum could get better, if it can happen there it can happen anywhere. Despite the new moderation policy (though not new any more), there remain ample examples of decidedly unpleasant members who post decidedly unpleasant things. I could name them, but we all know who they are, so there would be no point.

These things I say with the sole suggestion that we ignore, moving forward, all things that users who conduct themselves in manners that are deleterious to this forum; and respond only to those things that advance the kinds of discussion that we want to have. Though I cannot promise that I will do that moving forward, I will try. I would ask that others do the same.

If this thread has been in vain... so be it. It was worth a try.

Thank you, YYW. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 4:44:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 4:39:31 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/25/2015 3:45:41 PM, YYW wrote:
All,

Many subjects we discuss are controversial, but the fact that a person disagrees with you does not make them a bad person. Many subjects that we discuss here are complicated; and the fact that a person does not appreciate the nuances and/or finer points of that subject does not make them the kind of person who deserves to be shunned and shamed for that.

There is a conspicuous difference between "conduct which can be engaged in because it is not forbidden by whatever moderation policy is currently in effect" and "conduct that should be engaged in because it is good and productive for the community." There is a tendency among users who do things which are permitted simply because they are not forbidden, even if abiding by any basic standard of human interaction ought to foreclose their doing so.

As a disclaimer: I obviously acknowledge that I am not perfect, and (as is evidenced prolifically throughout my more than twenty six thousand posts) it is within my capacity to be one of the nastiest users on this site. When people insult me, whether meritorious or otherwise, I'm going to respond even if the more mature thing might be to not do that. That is, more or less, consistent with human nature, in that it is human nature to punch back when someone punches you whether you deserve it or not. I, like everyone else, feel justified in doing whatever I'm doing, and regard others who provoked me into doing things -whether that is objectively the case- as being entirely at fault for any retaliation I may visit upon them. Let me be clear when I say that this kind of tit for tat escalation is not good.

There have been a number of threads posted from a certain user which rise to the level of reprehensibility. We all know to whom I am referring. This is the kind of content that I object to, especially when that same user has repeatedly attacked bsh1 and others, and despite facing some modest penalties from moderation, continues without fail to do the same things over and over again. This is unhealthy for the forum.

I have recently been encouraged by a post that Yassine made in the religion forum; and though naive as it may be to hope that things in the religion forum could get better, if it can happen there it can happen anywhere. Despite the new moderation policy (though not new any more), there remain ample examples of decidedly unpleasant members who post decidedly unpleasant things. I could name them, but we all know who they are, so there would be no point.

These things I say with the sole suggestion that we ignore, moving forward, all things that users who conduct themselves in manners that are deleterious to this forum; and respond only to those things that advance the kinds of discussion that we want to have. Though I cannot promise that I will do that moving forward, I will try. I would ask that others do the same.

If this thread has been in vain... so be it. It was worth a try.

Thank you, YYW. :)

Cheers
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 5:03:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is just ignorant. Unless you know Sanskrit and can juggle four or more balls, your opinion on this subject is meaningless.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 5:08:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
However. Since you are gay. If you can sing this (with googling the words) I will accept your credentials....
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 5:12:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 5:03:16 PM, TBR wrote:
This is just ignorant. Unless you know Sanskrit and can juggle four or more balls, your opinion on this subject is meaningless.

Wow...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 5:14:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 3:45:41 PM, YYW wrote:
All,

Many subjects we discuss are controversial, but the fact that a person disagrees with you does not make them a bad person. Many subjects that we discuss here are complicated; and the fact that a person does not appreciate the nuances and/or finer points of that subject does not make them the kind of person who deserves to be shunned and shamed for that.

There is a conspicuous difference between "conduct which can be engaged in because it is not forbidden by whatever moderation policy is currently in effect" and "conduct that should be engaged in because it is good and productive for the community." There is a tendency among users who do things which are permitted simply because they are not forbidden, even if abiding by any basic standard of human interaction ought to foreclose their doing so.

As a disclaimer: I obviously acknowledge that I am not perfect, and (as is evidenced prolifically throughout my more than twenty six thousand posts) it is within my capacity to be one of the nastiest users on this site. When people insult me, whether meritorious or otherwise, I'm going to respond even if the more mature thing might be to not do that. That is, more or less, consistent with human nature, in that it is human nature to punch back when someone punches you whether you deserve it or not. I, like everyone else, feel justified in doing whatever I'm doing, and regard others who provoked me into doing things -whether that is objectively the case- as being entirely at fault for any retaliation I may visit upon them. Let me be clear when I say that this kind of tit for tat escalation is not good.

I think it's quite clear from these two threads you started in the Religion forum contradict your claims of"punching back" as they show well beyond a shadow of a doubt you were not only throwing the first punch, but you kept punching after many had shown you civility and courtesy, responding as such to your threads that were clearly meant to be trollish in nature. Others who had some respect for you lost that respect as a result of those threads.

http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...

There have been a number of threads posted from a certain user which rise to the level of reprehensibility. We all know to whom I am referring. This is the kind of content that I object to, especially when that same user has repeatedly attacked bsh1 and others, and despite facing some modest penalties from moderation, continues without fail to do the same things over and over again. This is unhealthy for the forum.

If you're referring to me, those threads will easily show that I too responded to your OP with the same civility and courtesy shown by others. It was you who was attacking, and you never stopped. That was far more unhealthy to that forum than my discussion with Bsh1. As well, I complimented Bsh1 on his hard work and effort he made putting that debate document together and suggested it get pinned to the top of this forum. He agreed.

How now brown cow?

I have recently been encouraged by a post that Yassine made in the religion forum; and though naive as it may be to hope that things in the religion forum could get better, if it can happen there it can happen anywhere. Despite the new moderation policy (though not new any more), there remain ample examples of decidedly unpleasant members who post decidedly unpleasant things. I could name them, but we all know who they are, so there would be no point.

Yes, having a look at the two threads you created in the Religion forum would show that unpleasant member who posted decidedly unpleasant things.

These things I say with the sole suggestion that we ignore, moving forward, all things that users who conduct themselves in manners that are deleterious to this forum; and respond only to those things that advance the kinds of discussion that we want to have. Though I cannot promise that I will do that moving forward, I will try. I would ask that others do the same.

If this thread has been in vain... so be it. It was worth a try.

You had no intention whatsoever to advance the discussion on those threads, everyone can see that.

And, while I make no excuses for my past conduct, Airmax has made it quite clear as to my status here. If you or anyone else has a problem with me, please do what Airmax has suggested, send your complaints to him.

But please, don't be calling the kettle black, Mr. Pot.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 6:43:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 4:44:23 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/25/2015 4:39:31 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/25/2015 3:45:41 PM, YYW wrote:
All,

Many subjects we discuss are controversial, but the fact that a person disagrees with you does not make them a bad person. Many subjects that we discuss here are complicated; and the fact that a person does not appreciate the nuances and/or finer points of that subject does not make them the kind of person who deserves to be shunned and shamed for that.

There is a conspicuous difference between "conduct which can be engaged in because it is not forbidden by whatever moderation policy is currently in effect" and "conduct that should be engaged in because it is good and productive for the community." There is a tendency among users who do things which are permitted simply because they are not forbidden, even if abiding by any basic standard of human interaction ought to foreclose their doing so.

As a disclaimer: I obviously acknowledge that I am not perfect, and (as is evidenced prolifically throughout my more than twenty six thousand posts) it is within my capacity to be one of the nastiest users on this site. When people insult me, whether meritorious or otherwise, I'm going to respond even if the more mature thing might be to not do that. That is, more or less, consistent with human nature, in that it is human nature to punch back when someone punches you whether you deserve it or not. I, like everyone else, feel justified in doing whatever I'm doing, and regard others who provoked me into doing things -whether that is objectively the case- as being entirely at fault for any retaliation I may visit upon them. Let me be clear when I say that this kind of tit for tat escalation is not good.

There have been a number of threads posted from a certain user which rise to the level of reprehensibility. We all know to whom I am referring. This is the kind of content that I object to, especially when that same user has repeatedly attacked bsh1 and others, and despite facing some modest penalties from moderation, continues without fail to do the same things over and over again. This is unhealthy for the forum.

I have recently been encouraged by a post that Yassine made in the religion forum; and though naive as it may be to hope that things in the religion forum could get better, if it can happen there it can happen anywhere. Despite the new moderation policy (though not new any more), there remain ample examples of decidedly unpleasant members who post decidedly unpleasant things. I could name them, but we all know who they are, so there would be no point.

These things I say with the sole suggestion that we ignore, moving forward, all things that users who conduct themselves in manners that are deleterious to this forum; and respond only to those things that advance the kinds of discussion that we want to have. Though I cannot promise that I will do that moving forward, I will try. I would ask that others do the same.

If this thread has been in vain... so be it. It was worth a try.

Thank you, YYW. :)

Cheers

However, I should have clarified that by retaliating, you don't help the situation. If you, as a person, wish to improve forum civility, it begins with you. By retaliating to a certain user (you know to whom I am referring), you only make matters worse. It's good to recognize and point out the problem with forum civility, but don't make things worse.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2015 10:14:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 6:43:55 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
However, I should have clarified that by retaliating, you don't help the situation. If you, as a person, wish to improve forum civility, it begins with you. By retaliating to a certain user (you know to whom I am referring), you only make matters worse. It's good to recognize and point out the problem with forum civility, but don't make things worse.

You are correct, but I am not perfect. I have feelings, and one of those feelings is anger... sometimes that gets expressed. But, under all but the most egregious of circumstances I can keep that in check --although what happened today is surely the most egregious attack I have ever witnessed on anyone in the history of this website.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 12:15:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 12:12:33 AM, Mirza wrote:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tell me, and be honest, are you on drugs right now?
Tsar of DDO
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 12:20:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 12:15:43 AM, YYW wrote:
Tell me, and be honest, are you on drugs right now?
YYW, Your time here has come. You are an embarrassment to yourself. You can pull away and excuse yourself from these sort of discussions, or keep digging yourself a deeper hole to sink in. Nobody *wants* to have anything against you. You *force* them into such a position. Please POINT TOWARD A GOOD AMOUNT OF THREADS where you discuss in depth and do NOT resort to excessively rude comments and remarks. PLEASE. :)

You can't. You know it. You are too full of yourself to be challenged. Too full of yourself to admit you're wrong. List goes on, list goes on. :)
YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 12:30:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 12:20:17 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/26/2015 12:15:43 AM, YYW wrote:
Tell me, and be honest, are you on drugs right now?
YYW, Your time here has come. You are an embarrassment to yourself. You can pull away and excuse yourself from these sort of discussions, or keep digging yourself a deeper hole to sink in. Nobody *wants* to have anything against you. You *force* them into such a position. Please POINT TOWARD A GOOD AMOUNT OF THREADS where you discuss in depth and do NOT resort to excessively rude comments and remarks. PLEASE. :)

You can't. You know it. You are too full of yourself to be challenged. Too full of yourself to admit you're wrong. List goes on, list goes on. :)

I don't have to prove my reputation to you, Mirza. I have contributed more to this forum, on more subjects, in greater depth, than you even have the capacity to do.

I have written extensively here on politics, political science, philosophy, psychology, theology, ethics, pop culture, the processes of voting and debating, literature, music, economics, and to a lesser extent science. I have written college acceptance essays for many members, who got into colleges that you could never even hope to get into. I have mentored new members who have become very strong, productive members of this community. I have served in, the administrations of two presidents, and I have advised three. I am routinely consulted for my input on topics of virtually all kinds, from all arrays of members, because they know that I am capable of offering some of the highest quality of insight of any member here. If you doubt that, perhaps you would like to scroll through the almost twenty seven thousand posts I have made on this site.

What have you done? You made some threads to attack America? Yes, clearly you are important.

This is absurd. As I have said, my reputation precedes me. You are merely notorious, for the contemptible behavior you've been engaged in for the past several months.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 12:36:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 12:30:36 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/26/2015 12:20:17 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/26/2015 12:15:43 AM, YYW wrote:
Tell me, and be honest, are you on drugs right now?
YYW, Your time here has come. You are an embarrassment to yourself. You can pull away and excuse yourself from these sort of discussions, or keep digging yourself a deeper hole to sink in. Nobody *wants* to have anything against you. You *force* them into such a position. Please POINT TOWARD A GOOD AMOUNT OF THREADS where you discuss in depth and do NOT resort to excessively rude comments and remarks. PLEASE. :)

You can't. You know it. You are too full of yourself to be challenged. Too full of yourself to admit you're wrong. List goes on, list goes on. :)

I don't have to prove my reputation to you, Mirza. I have contributed more to this forum, on more subjects, in greater depth, than you even have the capacity to do.

I have written extensively here on politics, political science, philosophy, psychology, theology, ethics, pop culture, the processes of voting and debating, literature, music, economics, and to a lesser extent science. I have written college acceptance essays for many members, who got into colleges that you could never even hope to get into. I have mentored new members who have become very strong, productive members of this community. I have served in, the administrations of two presidents, and I have advised three. I am routinely consulted for my input on topics of virtually all kinds, from all arrays of members, because they know that I am capable of offering some of the highest quality of insight of any member here. If you doubt that, perhaps you would like to scroll through the almost twenty seven thousand posts I have made on this site.

What have you done? You made some threads to attack America? Yes, clearly you are important.

This is absurd. As I have said, my reputation precedes me. You are merely notorious, for the contemptible behavior you've been engaged in for the past several months.

There are no drugs that make you go post crap on a forum. What self-respecting chemist would bother making THAT drug.
YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 12:36:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 12:30:36 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/26/2015 12:20:17 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/26/2015 12:15:43 AM, YYW wrote:
Tell me, and be honest, are you on drugs right now?
YYW, Your time here has come. You are an embarrassment to yourself. You can pull away and excuse yourself from these sort of discussions, or keep digging yourself a deeper hole to sink in. Nobody *wants* to have anything against you. You *force* them into such a position. Please POINT TOWARD A GOOD AMOUNT OF THREADS where you discuss in depth and do NOT resort to excessively rude comments and remarks. PLEASE. :)

You can't. You know it. You are too full of yourself to be challenged. Too full of yourself to admit you're wrong. List goes on, list goes on. :)

I don't have to prove my reputation to you, Mirza. I have contributed more to this forum, on more subjects, in greater depth, than you even have the capacity to do.

I have written extensively here on politics, political science, philosophy, psychology, theology, ethics, pop culture, the processes of voting and debating, literature, music, economics, and to a lesser extent science. I have written college acceptance essays for many members, who got into colleges that you could never even hope to get into. I have mentored new members who have become very strong, productive members of this community. I have served in, the administrations of two presidents, and I have advised three. I am routinely consulted for my input on topics of virtually all kinds, from all arrays of members, because they know that I am capable of offering some of the highest quality of insight of any member here. If you doubt that, perhaps you would like to scroll through the almost twenty seven thousand posts I have made on this site.

What have you done? You made some threads to attack America? Yes, clearly you are important.

This is absurd. As I have said, my reputation precedes me. You are merely notorious, for the contemptible behavior you've been engaged in for the past several months.

That is to say nothing of what I have contributed in the areas of history, law, health, sociology, and the list goes on.

You, Mirza, have done none of these things at the level, to the extent, or with the degree of quality that I have. You have not, because you can not. As between you and I, you could not even escape my shadow, much less outshine me.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 12:37:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 12:36:08 AM, TBR wrote:
At 9/26/2015 12:30:36 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/26/2015 12:20:17 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/26/2015 12:15:43 AM, YYW wrote:
Tell me, and be honest, are you on drugs right now?
YYW, Your time here has come. You are an embarrassment to yourself. You can pull away and excuse yourself from these sort of discussions, or keep digging yourself a deeper hole to sink in. Nobody *wants* to have anything against you. You *force* them into such a position. Please POINT TOWARD A GOOD AMOUNT OF THREADS where you discuss in depth and do NOT resort to excessively rude comments and remarks. PLEASE. :)

You can't. You know it. You are too full of yourself to be challenged. Too full of yourself to admit you're wrong. List goes on, list goes on. :)

I don't have to prove my reputation to you, Mirza. I have contributed more to this forum, on more subjects, in greater depth, than you even have the capacity to do.

I have written extensively here on politics, political science, philosophy, psychology, theology, ethics, pop culture, the processes of voting and debating, literature, music, economics, and to a lesser extent science. I have written college acceptance essays for many members, who got into colleges that you could never even hope to get into. I have mentored new members who have become very strong, productive members of this community. I have served in, the administrations of two presidents, and I have advised three. I am routinely consulted for my input on topics of virtually all kinds, from all arrays of members, because they know that I am capable of offering some of the highest quality of insight of any member here. If you doubt that, perhaps you would like to scroll through the almost twenty seven thousand posts I have made on this site.

What have you done? You made some threads to attack America? Yes, clearly you are important.

This is absurd. As I have said, my reputation precedes me. You are merely notorious, for the contemptible behavior you've been engaged in for the past several months.

There are no drugs that make you go post crap on a forum. What self-respecting chemist would bother making THAT drug.

lol fair point
Tsar of DDO
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 12:39:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 12:30:36 AM, YYW wrote:
I don't have to prove my reputation to you, Mirza.
Yet here you are, listing all the amazing accomplishments of yours. Wonderful. :)

I have contributed more to this forum, on more subjects, in greater depth, than you even have the capacity to do.
I seriously hope the material is overall better than the bits I've read.

I have written extensively here on politics, political science, philosophy, psychology, theology, ethics, pop culture, the processes of voting and debating, literature, music, economics, and to a lesser extent science. I have written college acceptance essays for many members, who got into colleges that you could never even hope to get into. I have mentored new members who have become very strong, productive members of this community. I have served in, the administrations of two presidents, and I have advised three. I am routinely consulted for my input on topics of virtually all kinds, from all arrays of members, because they know that I am capable of offering some of the highest quality of insight of any member here. If you doubt that, perhaps you would like to scroll through the almost twenty seven thousand posts I have made on this site.

What have you done? You made some threads to attack America? Yes, clearly you are important.
Oh God, lol. How about you scroll and spare me the time. :) For the record, accomplishing something here that others consider great is not my priority. This is just a little hobby. I know it's your main hangout, though, so that speaks for itself as well. :)

This is absurd. As I have said, my reputation precedes me. You are merely notorious, for the contemptible behavior you've been engaged in for the past several months.
You are yet another brick on the wall, YYW. A good portion of our members know that. :)
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 12:41:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 12:36:21 AM, YYW wrote:
That is to say nothing of what I have contributed in the areas of history, law, health, sociology, and the list goes on.

You, Mirza, have done none of these things at the level, to the extent, or with the degree of quality that I have. You have not, because you can not. As between you and I, you could not even escape my shadow, much less outshine me.
I've probably ruined your weekend for the time being, so it's understandable you take a shot at me and try to put yourself above. I know how limited you are intellectually and generally as a person, and more and more people will know this as well.

Little snake. :)
YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 1:05:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 12:41:15 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/26/2015 12:36:21 AM, YYW wrote:
That is to say nothing of what I have contributed in the areas of history, law, health, sociology, and the list goes on.

You, Mirza, have done none of these things at the level, to the extent, or with the degree of quality that I have. You have not, because you can not. As between you and I, you could not even escape my shadow, much less outshine me.
I've probably ruined your weekend for the time being, so it's understandable you take a shot at me and try to put yourself above. I know how limited you are intellectually and generally as a person, and more and more people will know this as well.

Little snake. :)

You haven't ruined my weekend, but you have made me angry many times, and the fact that you think you are more intelligent than I am, or that you have contributed more to this forum than I have, or that you are even capable of doing anything to outshine me, is a testament to your delusion.

Beside me, you are nothing but a miscreant who posts garbage about other people and things that are better than you to tear down others to make yourself feel superior. It's not difficult behavior to understand, Mirza.

I tried to keep this from being a "you versus me" thing, but if you insist, I encourage you to ask any member on this site who is the more worthwhile, meaningful contributor. Anyone. Even people I don't like, because if they are honest with themselves, I know what they will say.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 1:08:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
But Mirza, I know that, at the end of the day, you know where you stand relative to me, which is why you post these deplorable responses at all. I would invite you to return to the way you were, before you started down this trail of infamy that you started walking months ago. Reform yourself, and be better.

The fact that you have polluted this forum so extensively for so long does not mean that you will never make a meaningful post again. I would encourage you to consider that, as we move forward. Because what you're doing here, clearly, is not working for you. It's hard for you to stand up against someone like me, and that much is clear here. So, reform. It's that simple. Just reform.
Tsar of DDO
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 1:10:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 1:05:05 AM, YYW wrote:
You haven't ruined my weekend, but you have made me angry many times,
Praise be to God. :)

. and the fact that you think you are more intelligent than I am,
I *really* am. As are a plethora of members. You're overrated.

or that you have contributed more to this forum than I have, or that you are even capable of doing anything to outshine me, is a testament to your delusion.
I never said I prioritize contributing in ways others appreciate, so that's another thing you pulled out of... somewhere. :) As for outshining you, that's a given. Me being here alone makes you a mere brick on the wall. An ant among many ants.

Beside me, you are nothing but a miscreant who posts garbage about other people and things that are better than you to tear down others to make yourself feel superior. It's not difficult behavior to understand, Mirza.
Copying my comment on you, are we?

I tried to keep this from being a "you versus me" thing, but if you insist, I encourage you to ask any member on this site who is the more worthwhile, meaningful contributor. Anyone. Even people I don't like, because if they are honest with themselves, I know what they will say.
This is perfectly irrelevant. If you, at any point, thought a person who insults a vast majority of the pool of members prioritizes contribution they value, as opposed to contribution he values, you are, just as I said earlier - a filthy, vile, artificial snake.

So, YYW, how about doing laundry or something else? You stink. :)
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 1:12:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 1:08:44 AM, YYW wrote:
But Mirza, I know that, at the end of the day, you know where you stand relative to me, which is why you post these deplorable responses at all. I would invite you to return to the way you were, before you started down this trail of infamy that you started walking months ago. Reform yourself, and be better.

The fact that you have polluted this forum so extensively for so long does not mean that you will never make a meaningful post again. I would encourage you to consider that, as we move forward. Because what you're doing here, clearly, is not working for you. It's hard for you to stand up against someone like me, and that much is clear here. So, reform. It's that simple. Just reform.
I realize I shattered your ego heavily, and you therefore want to use these cheap comments "Oh I'm so better than you, relatively...!!!", but it really doesn't help you, Ma'am.

Get out. :)
YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 1:12:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 1:10:25 AM, Mirza wrote:

This is going nowhere, and it is clear that no matter what I say, you are going to continue to try to bring me to your level.
Tsar of DDO
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 1:14:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 1:12:48 AM, YYW wrote:
This is going nowhere, and it is clear that no matter what I say, you are going to continue to try to bring me to your level.
Goodbye, YYW. Goodbye. :)
YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 1:20:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 1:12:37 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/26/2015 1:08:44 AM, YYW wrote:
But Mirza, I know that, at the end of the day, you know where you stand relative to me, which is why you post these deplorable responses at all. I would invite you to return to the way you were, before you started down this trail of infamy that you started walking months ago. Reform yourself, and be better.

The fact that you have polluted this forum so extensively for so long does not mean that you will never make a meaningful post again. I would encourage you to consider that, as we move forward. Because what you're doing here, clearly, is not working for you. It's hard for you to stand up against someone like me, and that much is clear here. So, reform. It's that simple. Just reform.
I realize I shattered your ego heavily, and you therefore want to use these cheap comments "Oh I'm so better than you, relatively...!!!", but it really doesn't help you, Ma'am.

Get out. :)

Mirza, you have shattered nothing. You stirred the pot, and said a lot of hostile and unwarranted things... and then you had an incredibly negative response to that. Do you think this kind of behavior makes people respect you?
Tsar of DDO
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 1:23:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/26/2015 1:20:35 AM, YYW wrote:
Mirza, you have shattered nothing. You stirred the pot, and said a lot of hostile and unwarranted things... and then you had an incredibly negative response to that. Do you think this kind of behavior makes people respect you?
My purpose here is different than yours. Inscribe that somewhere useful. :)

Anywho, you said no point in going on? That's right. :)
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 3:21:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 10:14:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/25/2015 6:43:55 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
However, I should have clarified that by retaliating, you don't help the situation. If you, as a person, wish to improve forum civility, it begins with you. By retaliating to a certain user (you know to whom I am referring), you only make matters worse. It's good to recognize and point out the problem with forum civility, but don't make things worse.

You are correct, but I am not perfect. I have feelings, and one of those feelings is anger... sometimes that gets expressed.

One of two things then, either there is a large chink in your titanium armor or you're human just like the rest of us and we're not beneath you. I'm sure you're magnanimous intellect can figure that one out.

But, under all but the most egregious of circumstances I can keep that in check

But, you don't keep it in check, that's the issue at hand and something you fail to understand. The two threads I linked above are evidence of that.

You stirred the pot, and said a lot of hostile and unwarranted things... and then you had an incredibly negative response to that. Do you think this kind of behavior makes people respect you?

Again, this is merely the pot calling the kettle black. And, while many here, including myself can admit to that behavior when we exhibit it, you won't. Mirza is attempting to get you to see that, as are so many others.

Don't get me wrong here, I can disagree with Mirza, as well, and agree with you that you did indeed make some good contributions here, as many others have. But, that's not the point of the issue. I would suggest you think long and hard on this. If you can't figure it out, then clearly you're just not as smart as you believe.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2015 10:47:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/25/2015 10:14:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/25/2015 6:43:55 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
However, I should have clarified that by retaliating, you don't help the situation. If you, as a person, wish to improve forum civility, it begins with you. By retaliating to a certain user (you know to whom I am referring), you only make matters worse. It's good to recognize and point out the problem with forum civility, but don't make things worse.

You are correct, but I am not perfect. I have feelings, and one of those feelings is anger... sometimes that gets expressed. But, under all but the most egregious of circumstances I can keep that in check --although what happened today is surely the most egregious attack I have ever witnessed on anyone in the history of this website.

I understand that, and respect your response. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW