zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 2:46:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Not slow. Not fast. Just half assed.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 2:56:08 AM
The best way to debate is to just brutally insult the other person. Eventually they'll break down and cry.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 11:47:58 AM
At 9/26/2015 2:56:08 AM, Unitomic wrote:
The best way to debate is to just brutally insult the other person. Eventually they'll break down and cry.

Tut tut. Your way isn't very sportsman-like.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 6:40:48 PM
Best way to debate is to utterly lose to your opponent, and then threaten to leave because of "bad voting." Your opponent will ff in the forums.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 6:49:23 PM
At 9/26/2015 6:40:48 PM, donald.keller wrote:
Best way to debate is to utterly lose to your opponent, and then threaten to leave because of "bad voting." Your opponent will ff in the forums.

You think bluesteel "utterly lost" in his debate with mikal? lmao
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 6:58:58 PM
At 9/26/2015 6:49:23 PM, Romanii wrote:

Yes. Yes I do. And so did every other voter. Not just the ones who worshiped Mikal. Bluesteel only got her first vote after Mikal's ff. I read over the debate twice to perfect an RFD, and could only find 1 argument Bluesteel won.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 7:08:52 PM
At 9/26/2015 6:58:58 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Yes. Yes I do. And so did every other voter.

That's so wrong lol. *ALL* of the most competent voters who read the debate thought bluesteel won, including Thett3, Raisor, Whiteflame, Zaradi, and ClassicRobert.

Not just the ones who worshiped Mikal. Bluesteel only got her first vote after Mikal's ff.

False. Thett3 and Raisor both voted for bluesteel before that happened. And Whiteflame also "voted" for him with an extensive RFD a couple weeks afterwards in TRW3 (http://www.debate.org...)

I read over the debate twice to perfect an RFD

And then proceeded to get your RFD ripped apart by some of the best voters on the site...
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 7:20:27 PM
At 9/26/2015 7:08:52 PM, Romanii wrote:

That's so wrong lol. *ALL* of the most competent voters who read the debate thought bluesteel won, including Thett3, Raisor, Whiteflame, Zaradi, and ClassicRobert.

Zaradi and CR all voted concession. Only Thett and Raisor voted Bluesteel. Also, I'm a fairly competent voter, in case you forgot. 16K voted Con with a massive, in depth rfd. Blah gave a very well made rfd. Thett's was actually the worst RFD listed prior to the Concession. You're arguing authority instead of an honest review of the actual RFD's listed. Raisor's was the only well made rfd in Bluesteel's favor.

Not just the ones who worshiped Mikal. Bluesteel only got her first vote after Mikal's ff.

False. Thett3 and Raisor both voted for bluesteel before that happened. And Whiteflame also "voted" for him with an extensive RFD a couple weeks afterwards in TRW3 (http://www.debate.org...)

Whiteflame voted for Bluesteel on a program ran by Bluesteel... Impressive. And as mentioned, only Raisors rfd was reasonable. Even with this claim being false, the case still stands. Prior to the concession, only one well crafted rfd favored Bluesteel. All of Bluesteel's good votes after came post-concession and after the debate finished.

And then proceeded to get your RFD ripped apart by some of the best voters on the site...

You mean by Bluesteel? And only bluesteel? Her case against it was a load of crap. She literally brought up only one issue with it out of the pages of indepth analyzes on each round and argument, and the issue was with how I weighed BOP. Any RFD can get 'ripped apart' afterwards. That doesn't determine anything about it's quality. I could 'rip apart' any RFD by any of the top tier voters after it's been cast, and those rfd's still be good. It was equally praised by a number of voters.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 7:28:22 PM
For the record, bluesteel is a man.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2015 7:44:18 PM
At 9/26/2015 7:20:27 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 9/26/2015 7:08:52 PM, Romanii wrote:

Zaradi and CR all voted concession.

They expressed their sentiments in the comments section.

Only Thett and Raisor voted Bluesteel. Also, I'm a fairly competent voter, in case you forgot.

Perhaps, but not on the same level as the other guys.

16K voted Con with a massive, in depth rfd.

"I'm not going to argue that the statistics fell in favor of either side, though I am concerned that 16k relies too heavily on the statistical data while ignoring much of the arguments that Pro provides for how his case differs from those being analyzed in these statistics, and thus makes the statistics of somewhat less importance. It seems that those arguments don't make an appearance in this RFD... I am concerned that 16k seems to dismiss mass shootings. Pro does spend a substantial amount of time pointing out a) that gun bans have altered the violent crime landscape in both England and Australia by ending these mass shootings, and b) that mass shootings have an important psychological effect on the rest of the country. All of that is washed away in two sentences... Overall, this RFD does a nearly complete job going through the general arguments, but seems to slant based on those issues that the reader found most persuasive rather than objectively evaluating all of the arguments in the flow of the debate." -whiteflame

Blah gave a very well made rfd.

"This RFD seems to reward Con for the same things it disparages Pro for doing... The explanation for why Pro didn't meet the resolution is perplexing. I've read through it a couple of times, and he didn't even really mention the reasoning for Pro's definition being abusive... But perhaps the most glaring problem with this RFD is just its lack of coverage. He allows Con to establish links between the two cases in the final round and uses that as a justification to ignore Pro's case wholesale. There's no mention of Mexican cartels, no effort to discuss deterrence or defense, and the overall crime and death tolls don't even get passing mention... Overall, while this RFD does explain the perception of this voter, it seems to be highly biased. There's no obvious winning point provided for Con beyond maybe the abuse point, and he seems to just be giving Con the debate on the basis of mitigation alone." -whiteflame

Thett's was actually the worst RFD listed prior to the Concession.

Why? Because it wasn't long enough? It precisely highlights the single point which Mikal lost the debate on -- *completely* dropping the Mexican Cartels argument. And it also highlights what 16kadam's RFD missed -- the rebuttals to the statistical arguments.

You're arguing authority instead of an honest review of the actual RFD's listed. Raisor's was the only well made rfd in Bluesteel's favor.

No, I've read the debate as well as most of the RFDs. While I do think it's possible to make a not-terrible RFD voting Con, your assertion that bluesteel "utterly lost" is ridiculous.

Whiteflame voted for Bluesteel on a program ran by Bluesteel... Impressive.

That's an absurd reason to dismiss his RFD. You think Whiteflame selected the winner of the debate based on his desire to suck up to Bluesteel?

And as mentioned, only Raisors rfd was reasonable. Even with this claim being false, the case still stands. Prior to the concession, only one well crafted rfd favored Bluesteel. All of Bluesteel's good votes after came post-concession and after the debate finished.

That's just not true lol.

You mean by Bluesteel? And only bluesteel? Her case against it was a load of crap. She literally brought up only one issue with it out of the pages of indepth analyzes on each round and argument, and the issue was with how I weighed BOP.

And Zaradi and ClassicRobert.

Any RFD can get 'ripped apart' afterwards. That doesn't determine anything about it's quality. I could 'rip apart' any RFD by any of the top tier voters after it's been cast, and those rfd's still be good.

Then do so. Explain why three of the best voters on the site (only one of which is known for being pro-ban, and one of which was against a ban) voted Pro.

It was equally praised by a number of voters.

Where? Lel.