Jump to topic:

Feeling the burn...

whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:53:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey guys, this'll be a first for me, but I'm posting to let everyone know that I'm feeling rather burnt out with regards to voting. It has nothing to do with any particular debate - I've felt pretty overwhelmed by the deluge of voting requests I receive on a regular basis for quite some time now, considering that it conflicts with so many other things that take up my time.

This is not to say that I won't still vote on any debates. As a member of donald.keller's new Voter's Union, I will vote on debates posted in that group. I will also vote on at least 2 more debates in the short term, including both of the debates from the WODC. I will also consider future requests to vote on other debates, though I will only accept such requests on debates that are a) good quality, and b) the voting is close or non-existent.

This is not going to be a permanent status change, as I will probably come back to being open to all voting requests at some point in the future. I'll update you all when that happens. But for now, I request that people please stop contacting me about voting on various debates, even if they're very short and easy.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:55:13 AM
Feeling the bern?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:55:28 AM
This is most likely fair.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:56:00 AM
At 9/29/2015 4:55:13 AM, 16kadams wrote:
Feeling the bern?

Lol that's what I thought of at first when I saw the thread.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:56:42 AM
At 9/29/2015 4:56:00 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Feeling the bern?

Cause we are best NAs
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 4:58:09 AM
At 9/29/2015 4:56:42 AM, 16kadams wrote:
Feeling the bern?

Cause we are best NAs

Narcotics Anonymous?

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 5:03:00 AM
At 9/29/2015 4:58:09 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Feeling the bern?

Cause we are best NAs

Narcotics Anonymous?

In the gaming world, NA means North America. Being best NA just means that youre the best in NA :P
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 5:06:24 AM
At 9/29/2015 5:03:00 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 9/29/2015 4:58:09 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Feeling the bern?

Cause we are best NAs

Narcotics Anonymous?

In the gaming world, NA means North America. Being best NA just means that youre the best in NA :P

I was joking. Lol.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lol101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 12:35:03 PM
At 9/29/2015 4:53:11 AM, whiteflame wrote:
Hey guys, this'll be a first for me, but I'm posting to let everyone know that I'm feeling rather burnt out with regards to voting. It has nothing to do with any particular debate - I've felt pretty overwhelmed by the deluge of voting requests I receive on a regular basis for quite some time now, considering that it conflicts with so many other things that take up my time.

This is not to say that I won't still vote on any debates. As a member of donald.keller's new Voter's Union, I will vote on debates posted in that group. I will also vote on at least 2 more debates in the short term, including both of the debates from the WODC. I will also consider future requests to vote on other debates, though I will only accept such requests on debates that are a) good quality, and b) the voting is close or non-existent.

This is not going to be a permanent status change, as I will probably come back to being open to all voting requests at some point in the future. I'll update you all when that happens. But for now, I request that people please stop contacting me about voting on various debates, even if they're very short and easy.

That's fine. I have three people I can contact to vote on my debates, and I really like Midnight's vote.
Lol
"Logic is true = sky = blue"
-Rapping vi_spex.
Lol101, stop crab finching my Foo fights! It is my tree! And stop being a SpongeBob sorter!

The Lying Asteroids Nullify A Dirt Asteroid Home Immediately
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 1:33:52 PM

Ahhhhh, you should maybe get another assistant to help with the work load?
lol101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 1:54:33 PM
At 9/29/2015 1:33:52 PM, Hayd wrote:

That would be Bladerunner
Lol
-Rapping vi_spex.
Lol101, stop crab finching my Foo fights! It is my tree! And stop being a SpongeBob sorter!

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 2:37:52 PM
At 9/29/2015 1:54:33 PM, lol101 wrote:

Nah. They're all the same person: Airmax alts.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
lol101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 5:04:46 PM
At 9/29/2015 2:37:52 PM, bsh1 wrote:

You are a Wylted alt.
Lol
-Rapping vi_spex.

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 7:08:12 PM

#anotheronebesideswhathealreadyhas
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 8:06:54 PM
At 9/29/2015 5:04:46 PM, lol101 wrote:

You are a Wylted alt.

Lol...that makes no sense.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

lol101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 9:13:16 PM
At 9/29/2015 8:06:54 PM, bsh1 wrote:

You are a Wylted alt.

It doesn't have to. You have been hiding it from us. But that's okay.
Lol
-Rapping vi_spex.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 9:24:41 PM
At 9/29/2015 9:13:16 PM, lol101 wrote:

You are a Wylted alt.

Umm...okay...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 9:37:24 PM

Yeah... I feel ya... and I wouldn't trade places with you either. We appreciate your work as a vote moderator, and as a voter, but one could practically make a full time job of remediating all the issues which arise that are related to voting on member debates... and it is unreasonable for people to ask you to step into such a position, although that is --I think-- what has happened over the past few months.

Take as long of a break as you need. If it upsets people, they can deal with it.
lol101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 10:20:21 PM
At 9/29/2015 9:24:41 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 9/29/2015 9:13:16 PM, lol101 wrote:

You are a Wylted alt.

Umm...okay...

So you can joke about Airmax having alts, but it can't joke about you having alts?
Lol
-Rapping vi_spex.

whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 12:59:34 AM
At 9/29/2015 9:37:24 PM, YYW wrote:

Yeah... I feel ya... and I wouldn't trade places with you either. We appreciate your work as a vote moderator, and as a voter, but one could practically make a full time job of remediating all the issues which arise that are related to voting on member debates... and it is unreasonable for people to ask you to step into such a position, although that is --I think-- what has happened over the past few months.

Take as long of a break as you need. If it upsets people, they can deal with it.

I appreciate that, dude. Thanks.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 1:17:08 AM
This is 100% reasonable, and I am surprised you haven't done it already. Enjoy your break, man :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 1:27:02 AM
At 9/30/2015 1:17:08 AM, bsh1 wrote:
This is 100% reasonable, and I am surprised you haven't done it already. Enjoy your break, man :)

One word, man: masochism.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 1:28:20 AM
At 9/30/2015 1:27:02 AM, whiteflame wrote:

Rofl...You're like the guy in Zaradi's suffering K. Feel yourself grow stronger for the pain, Whiteflame!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 1:49:36 AM
At 9/30/2015 1:28:20 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Rofl...You're like the guy in Zaradi's suffering K. Feel yourself grow stronger for the pain, Whiteflame!

Nope, I'm like the guy READING Zaradi's suffering K, again... and again... and again...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 1:50:07 AM
At 9/30/2015 1:49:36 AM, whiteflame wrote:
At 9/30/2015 1:28:20 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Nope, I'm like the guy READING Zaradi's suffering K, again... and again... and again...

OMG...ROFL...*hugs*
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 2:24:17 AM

My advice is to sit in the tub and drink a glass of scotch while smoking a nice cigar. Then take a nice long nap.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:16:14 AM

Ya, your position would be better were there two mods. people want your vote, bc (A) you're smart, (B)no one can overturn your vote ;)
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:25:50 AM
At 10/1/2015 3:16:14 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:

Ya, your position would be better were there two mods. people want your vote, bc (A) you're smart, (B)no one can overturn your vote ;)

There are actually 2 voting mods, me and bladerunner. I appreciate the complement, but he can remove my votes.