Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

Zaradi's Suffering K[ritik?]

MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 2:43:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've come across this more than once. Someone tell me what this is about.
I be curious. :>
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,366
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 3:06:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
LOL...

It's the reason he won't take off his shirt- he likes to make us suffer D:
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 3:51:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/30/2015 3:06:54 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
LOL...

It's the reason he won't take off his shirt- he likes to make us suffer D:

Oh..
I was hoping to get a link to a debate or something..
But OK. :>
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
n7
Posts: 1,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 4:12:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Zaradi's suffering steams from his existential angst.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.


Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 4:44:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Kritik basically argues a premise of Nietzschean philosophy, that suggests that increasing suffering allows greater prosperity to the human race. One example debate regards assisted suicide laws [http://www.debate.org...]. Another regards the African continent and the USFG [http://www.debate.org...]. And another regards humanitarian aid [http://www.debate.org...].
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 4:52:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/30/2015 4:44:15 PM, tejretics wrote:
The Kritik basically argues a premise of Nietzschean philosophy, that suggests that increasing suffering allows greater prosperity to the human race. One example debate regards assisted suicide laws [http://www.debate.org...]. Another regards the African continent and the USFG [http://www.debate.org...]. And another regards humanitarian aid [http://www.debate.org...].

Wowwwwwwwwwww
..
THanks tej
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 4:55:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/30/2015 4:12:28 PM, n7 wrote:
Zaradi's suffering steams from his existential angst.

Lol
And now I kind of respect him. :<
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's not a freaking kritik
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 1:08:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's not a freaking kritik

I know, they suck at spelling. It's "critique".
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 2:40:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's not a freaking kritik

BZZZ incorrect

one *critiques* literature
one runs a *kritik* against an argument
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 2:45:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 2:40:07 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's not a freaking kritik

BZZZ incorrect

one *critiques* literature
one runs a *kritik* against an argument

I know what a kritik is, I did high school debate. The suffering argument is just an argument that suffering is good, it's not a kritik
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 2:48:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 2:40:07 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's not a freaking kritik

BZZZ incorrect

one *critiques* literature
one runs a *kritik* against an argument

Thett's right. It's one thing to weigh arguments with a different impact calc (Zaradi is basically saying suffering should be weighed positively, not negatively), it is another to kritik the topic or the methodology of an opponent.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 2:58:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 2:45:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:40:07 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's not a freaking kritik

BZZZ incorrect

one *critiques* literature
one runs a *kritik* against an argument

I know what a kritik is, I did high school debate. The suffering argument is just an argument that suffering is good, it's not a kritik

ohh, I see. I thought you were just saying Ks should never be spelled like that lol.

But I think it is a k tho, because ultimately a K challenges an assumption in the case. The neitzche K challenges the assumption that 'pleasure good' should be the starting point. Just saying this for the sake of argument
lannan13
Posts: 23,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:00:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 2:40:07 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's not a freaking kritik

BZZZ incorrect

one *critiques* literature
one runs a *kritik* against an argument

I think you meant to respond to Wylted and not thett3.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:02:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 3:00:14 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:40:07 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's not a freaking kritik

BZZZ incorrect

one *critiques* literature
one runs a *kritik* against an argument

I think you meant to respond to Wylted and not thett3.

Ya that's what happened
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:03:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 2:58:43 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:45:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:40:07 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's not a freaking kritik

BZZZ incorrect

one *critiques* literature
one runs a *kritik* against an argument

I know what a kritik is, I did high school debate. The suffering argument is just an argument that suffering is good, it's not a kritik

ohh, I see. I thought you were just saying Ks should never be spelled like that lol.

But I think it is a k tho, because ultimately a K challenges an assumption in the case. The neitzche K challenges the assumption that 'pleasure good' should be the starting point. Just saying this for the sake of argument

Yeah I've thought of that...it gets into what the nature of a K actually is and how he runs it. I haven't read a debate where he ran that in ages... But any argument challenges our assumptions in some way

I'm very hesitant to declare things like that K's because so many ddo people (who don't know what a kritik is) will ban kritiks in their opening rounds so for DDO purposes only the most crazy of K's should be considered kritiks imo
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
lannan13
Posts: 23,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:03:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 3:02:45 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 3:00:14 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:40:07 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's not a freaking kritik

BZZZ incorrect

one *critiques* literature
one runs a *kritik* against an argument

I think you meant to respond to Wylted and not thett3.

Ya that's what happened

Kinda figured.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:08:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 3:03:17 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:58:43 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:45:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:40:07 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's not a freaking kritik

BZZZ incorrect

one *critiques* literature
one runs a *kritik* against an argument

I know what a kritik is, I did high school debate. The suffering argument is just an argument that suffering is good, it's not a kritik

ohh, I see. I thought you were just saying Ks should never be spelled like that lol.

But I think it is a k tho, because ultimately a K challenges an assumption in the case. The neitzche K challenges the assumption that 'pleasure good' should be the starting point. Just saying this for the sake of argument

Yeah I've thought of that...it gets into what the nature of a K actually is and how he runs it. I haven't read a debate where he ran that in ages... But any argument challenges our assumptions in some way

I'm very hesitant to declare things like that K's because so many ddo people (who don't know what a kritik is) will ban kritiks in their opening rounds so for DDO purposes only the most crazy of K's should be considered kritiks imo

haha that's so true:
"we believe abortion should be legal"
"we believe that abortion is bad"
"hey you can't just go around challenging my assumption that abortion is good, abuse!"

I see what you mean. I wonder where the line is exactly
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:19:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 2:58:43 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:45:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:40:07 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's not a freaking kritik

BZZZ incorrect

one *critiques* literature
one runs a *kritik* against an argument

I know what a kritik is, I did high school debate. The suffering argument is just an argument that suffering is good, it's not a kritik

ohh, I see. I thought you were just saying Ks should never be spelled like that lol.

But I think it is a k tho, because ultimately a K challenges an assumption in the case. The neitzche K challenges the assumption that 'pleasure good' should be the starting point. Just saying this for the sake of argument

Nietzsche. Nietzsche. Nietzsche.

Spell it right.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:26:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 3:19:11 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:58:43 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:45:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:40:07 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's not a freaking kritik

BZZZ incorrect

one *critiques* literature
one runs a *kritik* against an argument

I know what a kritik is, I did high school debate. The suffering argument is just an argument that suffering is good, it's not a kritik

ohh, I see. I thought you were just saying Ks should never be spelled like that lol.

But I think it is a k tho, because ultimately a K challenges an assumption in the case. The neitzche K challenges the assumption that 'pleasure good' should be the starting point. Just saying this for the sake of argument

Nietzsche. Nietzsche. Nietzsche.

Spell it right.

how do you say it though. 'niche-uh'?
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:30:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 3:26:47 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 3:19:11 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:58:43 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:45:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:40:07 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's not a freaking kritik

BZZZ incorrect

one *critiques* literature
one runs a *kritik* against an argument

I know what a kritik is, I did high school debate. The suffering argument is just an argument that suffering is good, it's not a kritik

ohh, I see. I thought you were just saying Ks should never be spelled like that lol.

But I think it is a k tho, because ultimately a K challenges an assumption in the case. The neitzche K challenges the assumption that 'pleasure good' should be the starting point. Just saying this for the sake of argument

Nietzsche. Nietzsche. Nietzsche.

Spell it right.

how do you say it though. 'niche-uh'?

Nee-chuh
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:34:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 3:30:11 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/1/2015 3:26:47 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 3:19:11 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:58:43 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:45:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/1/2015 2:40:07 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 10/1/2015 1:04:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's not a freaking kritik

BZZZ incorrect

one *critiques* literature
one runs a *kritik* against an argument

I know what a kritik is, I did high school debate. The suffering argument is just an argument that suffering is good, it's not a kritik

ohh, I see. I thought you were just saying Ks should never be spelled like that lol.

But I think it is a k tho, because ultimately a K challenges an assumption in the case. The neitzche K challenges the assumption that 'pleasure good' should be the starting point. Just saying this for the sake of argument

Nietzsche. Nietzsche. Nietzsche.

Spell it right.

how do you say it though. 'niche-uh'?

Nee-chuh

ya, that's what I thought.
Raisor
Posts: 4,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 4:55:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It both is and isn't a k depending on how it is utilized.

If it is just run as "suffering is good and you decrease suffering so you're wrong" it's just a straight impact turn. This is a dumb argument.

If it is argued that the aff understanding of the problem is rooted in an ontology that dooms any project to failure, then it is a kritik. This is the better way to run the argument. It isn't that suffering is good so we should avoid decreasing suffering, but that we have to accept reality as it is and embrace suffering as inherent to the value of existence. Whether our subsequent projects then decrease or increase suffering is then immaterial.

So the argument is an impact turn or maybe a framework argument if run one way and a kritik if another.
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 3:07:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/1/2015 11:49:54 PM, Zaradi wrote:
This thread pleases me and my inflated sense of self.

That means the thread is bad, since suffering is good ;P
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 5:46:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/3/2015 3:07:16 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 10/1/2015 11:49:54 PM, Zaradi wrote:
This thread pleases me and my inflated sense of self.

That means the thread is bad, since suffering is good ;P

Not good but merely necessary for human becoming :p
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...