Jump to topic:

Compilation of Favored Updates

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 10:31:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Every few months/years, Juggle descends from heaven to provide updates for the Site. As far as I am aware, there is never any form of consensus among the users of this Site as to what updates are wanted. (Also, please excuse me if it turns out that I've made this thread before.)
My proposal is that DDO goes through a series of polls, discussions, and referendums so that a small number of the most favored updates can be decidedly selected. There's no guarantee that Juggle will even look at this compilation, but it's generally smart for a business to look at what the consumers want. If X is what most DDOers want, it's perhaps a sign that potential consumers of this Site in general would, for the most part, desire X. Perhaps some would-be regular consumers didn't stay on DDO because it lacks X. Perhaps more people would be a part of this Site if it had X. In any case, it helps to know what the group should be asking for whenever updates come around.
Thoughts?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 10:57:51 PM
Some of my favored updates:
-3,000 characters for RFDs
-Record of debate comments and number of debate comments per user
-Chatbox
-The ability to delete your own poll and opinion votes, as well as forum posts, debate comments, and profile comments

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 10:58:19 PM
At 10/10/2015 10:57:51 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Some of my favored updates:
-3,000 characters for RFDs
-Record of debate comments and number of debate comments per user
-Chatbox
-The ability to delete your own poll and opinion votes, as well as forum posts, debate comments, and profile comments
-Cross-Examination Option for debates

The DDO Blog:

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 11:02:44 PM
-Manuel save button for debates / rfds

Recently I was almost done with a 10000 character debate and my lapto ran out of battery!
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 2:00:23 AM
At 10/10/2015 11:02:44 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Recently I was almost done with a 10000 character debate and my lapto ran out of battery!

Just use Word?
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 7:25:43 AM
At 10/11/2015 2:00:23 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

Just use Word?

The transfer from Word to DDO is dodgy
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2015 12:22:54 PM
-Manuel save button for debates

If you hit "review" after typing up something on a debate, your work is saved.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2015 2:47:45 PM
At 10/10/2015 10:31:33 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Every few months/years, Juggle descends from heaven to provide updates for the Site. As far as I am aware, there is never any form of consensus among the users of this Site as to what updates are wanted. (Also, please excuse me if it turns out that I've made this thread before.)
My proposal is that DDO goes through a series of polls, discussions, and referendums so that a small number of the most favored updates can be decidedly selected. There's no guarantee that Juggle will even look at this compilation, but it's generally smart for a business to look at what the consumers want. If X is what most DDOers want, it's perhaps a sign that potential consumers of this Site in general would, for the most part, desire X. Perhaps some would-be regular consumers didn't stay on DDO because it lacks X. Perhaps more people would be a part of this Site if it had X. In any case, it helps to know what the group should be asking for whenever updates come around.
Thoughts?

The last update Juggle did broke the site. The forums "vanished" from the front page, the debates have been stuck on the same ones for months, and the polls are practically broken. I would like to see all the bugs that Juggle caused to be fixed.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...