Total Posts:95|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Have you changed your stances on issues?

tajshar2k
Posts: 2,384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:32:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.

I went from a liberal to a Leninist to an anarcho-communist to an anarcho-capitalist to an Objectivist.

I was stupid when I was 13, as you can see.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:37:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Disclaimer: I am not currently prepared to debate this issue with anyone, so please, don't argue with me right now.

I went from being pro-choice to being pro-life. That was the big switch.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:40:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:32:48 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.

I went from a liberal to a Leninist to an anarcho-communist to an anarcho-capitalist to an Objectivist.

I was stupid when I was 13, as you can see.

What's next? Mormonism? Scientology? Alex Jones???
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:41:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
My political views seem to have solidified, rather than changed. My views on morality seemed to have changed a lot, however.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:43:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:41:43 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
My political views seem to have solidified, rather than changed. My views on morality seemed to have changed a lot, however.

Care to share?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:44:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.

IDK, what do you think?
https://web.archive.org...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:45:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:43:02 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:41:43 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
My political views seem to have solidified, rather than changed. My views on morality seemed to have changed a lot, however.

Care to share?

I think they've become more open...it's hard to describe.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:46:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:45:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:43:02 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:41:43 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
My political views seem to have solidified, rather than changed. My views on morality seemed to have changed a lot, however.

Care to share?

I think they've become more open...it's hard to describe.

Interesting. Do you have a specific example?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:50:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:46:07 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:45:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:43:02 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:41:43 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
My political views seem to have solidified, rather than changed. My views on morality seemed to have changed a lot, however.

Care to share?

I think they've become more open...it's hard to describe.

Interesting. Do you have a specific example?

It's more general than specific.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:51:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Lol...I looked like such a noob when I was a noob: https://web.archive.org...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:53:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:51:04 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Lol...I looked like such a noob when I was a noob: https://web.archive.org...

Not trying to debate this, but what made you become pro life?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:54:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:51:04 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Lol...I looked like such a noob when I was a noob: https://web.archive.org...

Dat generic profile pic though.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:54:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:44:58 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.

IDK, what do you think?
https://web.archive.org...

Well that was a hell of a switch...
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:55:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:53:23 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:51:04 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Lol...I looked like such a noob when I was a noob: https://web.archive.org...

Not trying to debate this, but what made you become pro life?

There is a thread in the HOF about it: Conversion.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:55:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:54:39 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:51:04 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Lol...I looked like such a noob when I was a noob: https://web.archive.org...

Dat generic profile pic though.

That was the default before purple circles.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:55:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:54:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:44:58 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.

IDK, what do you think?
https://web.archive.org...

Well that was a hell of a switch...

Which part.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:55:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:50:33 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:46:07 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:45:36 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:43:02 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:41:43 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
My political views seem to have solidified, rather than changed. My views on morality seemed to have changed a lot, however.

Care to share?

I think they've become more open...it's hard to describe.

Interesting. Do you have a specific example?

It's more general than specific.

Okay, then...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:56:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:55:46 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:54:59 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:44:58 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.

IDK, what do you think?
https://web.archive.org...

Well that was a hell of a switch...

Which part.
Going from Socialist to Conservative lol
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:56:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:44:58 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.

IDK, what do you think?
https://web.archive.org...

I could have sworn your profile said you were LIbertarian...
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:58:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:56:20 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Please don't revive the thread though...I am glad that one died.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:59:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:58:02 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:56:20 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Please don't revive the thread though...I am glad that one died.

ok lol...
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:01:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:40:11 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:32:48 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.

I went from a liberal to a Leninist to an anarcho-communist to an anarcho-capitalist to an Objectivist.

I was stupid when I was 13, as you can see.

What's next? Mormonism? Scientology? Alex Jones???

I'll say one thing about Scientology: some of LRH's quotes sound like they're straight out of Rand. It's basically a mix of pseudo-Aristotelian and pseudo-Nietzschean garbage mixed with the absolute worst biology/"science" that I've ever seen.

Hubbard was a good writer at least.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:06:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.

Sorry to hear that you're now on drugs. I hope you learn healthier coping mechanisms
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:08:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 9:06:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.

Sorry to hear that you're now on drugs. I hope you learn healthier coping mechanisms

But you are also...
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:09:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 9:08:12 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 10/13/2015 9:06:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.

Sorry to hear that you're now on drugs. I hope you learn healthier coping mechanisms

But you are also...

Yeah, like speed and I do a lot of hookers, but I still manage to be the epitome of conservative values. What the fvck happened to you?
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:10:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 9:09:23 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/13/2015 9:08:12 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 10/13/2015 9:06:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.

Sorry to hear that you're now on drugs. I hope you learn healthier coping mechanisms

But you are also...

Yeah, like speed and I do a lot of hookers, but I still manage to be the epitome of conservative values. What the fvck happened to you?

I became smart.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:11:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 9:10:05 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 10/13/2015 9:09:23 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/13/2015 9:08:12 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 10/13/2015 9:06:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.

Sorry to hear that you're now on drugs. I hope you learn healthier coping mechanisms

But you are also...

Yeah, like speed and I do a lot of hookers, but I still manage to be the epitome of conservative values. What the fvck happened to you?

I became smart.

JK, I just evolved a bit, and tried to learn more about the issues. I switched because it made more sense to me. Also some of the issues I just chose, because the majority supported it.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:15:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was most notably very authoritarian, and was known to be a defender of Islamic theocracy, whereas I now am socially liberal. At one point I was interested in American politics at large and sympathized with the Republicans, which I strongly regret; but it thankfully was a short phase. :)
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:27:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 8:23:02 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Since, coming to DDO, what have you changed your political stances on?

Check my photo album to see my original stances. I used to be conservative.

Yes. Mostly, I've solidified much of my believes, but I've changed a few.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --