Jump to topic:

Attracting international members

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 8:43:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What changes should be made to make the site more appealing to international members? Americans make up most of the member base, and the topics discussed are either only related to their country, which is extremely boring, or they have a limited perspective and thus make other discussions dull and short-lasting.

If Juggle were interested in changing things here, the design would be a good start. Big Issues and political options should all be add-ins, and not there by default. It's repulsive to see the core design appealing to one nationality only.

Input is appreciated.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 8:48:03 PM
At 10/15/2015 8:43:36 PM, Mirza wrote:
What changes should be made to make the site more appealing to international members? Americans make up most of the member base, and the topics discussed are either only related to their country, which is extremely boring, or they have a limited perspective and thus make other discussions dull and short-lasting.

If Juggle were interested in changing things here, the design would be a good start. Big Issues and political options should all be add-ins, and not there by default. It's repulsive to see the core design appealing to one nationality only.

Input is appreciated.

Even if you can think of ways to change the site to appeal to international members, Juggle isn't going to do anything about it.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 8:49:15 PM
At 10/15/2015 8:48:03 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Even if you can think of ways to change the site to appeal to international members, Juggle isn't going to do anything about it.
I know. It's so sad they don't even want to spend just a few hours in one day on the site. Such a worthless company. :)
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 8:50:13 PM
At 10/15/2015 8:49:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 10/15/2015 8:48:03 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
I know. It's so sad they don't even want to spend just a few hours in one day on the site. Such a worthless company. :)

Tell me about it.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 8:56:09 PM
Current topics in "Politics":

- Apparently I was wrong about the debate...
- Affirmative action (Pro / Con)
- War on Terror
- Rand Paul expected to drop out soon
- Min. Wage Increase and 401K plans

So boring. :(
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 10:44:06 PM
At 10/15/2015 8:56:09 PM, Mirza wrote:

- War on Terror

If you would like, I could work on some articles regarding international politics.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 10:53:45 PM
At 10/15/2015 8:56:09 PM, Mirza wrote:

- War on Terror

War on terror can count as international.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 11:47:54 PM

Input is appreciated.

Start a thread to your liking. What do you expect from a US dominated and owned site?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 11:49:24 PM
This is about the only place you can charge me with complete American arrogance. It is OUR internet. Don't like it, build your own.

No use of OUR protocols. Build your own!
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 11:59:15 PM
Hm, should I post naked pictures with international flags around my body?

Will this help?

I mean I could do Russia, Italy, France, ESPANA, Sweden, U.K, Germany, Eastern Euro states, and ALL the Asian countries bar North Korea and perhaps certain Middle Eastern places...or indeed many Middle Eastern places.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 12:08:29 AM
At 10/15/2015 11:49:24 PM, TBR wrote:
This is about the only place you can charge me with complete American arrogance. It is OUR internet. Don't like it, build your own.

No use of OUR protocols. Build your own!

'merica. Ted Cruz/Trump 2016. War With Iran.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 12:53:30 AM

Input is appreciated.

We could change the post counts to Metric instead of Standard.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 1:13:22 AM
THE CARIBBEAN BISHES
nac
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 1:21:57 AM

Input is appreciated.

Ban American spelling. Kind of like how they banned posts that are in all caps.

So we'd be talking about who we favour in a debates and crap.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 1:52:54 AM
At 10/15/2015 10:53:45 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
It still takes root in American perspective. More often than not you'll see a few Americans jump in and, like pure psychopaths, say it's all okay in the name of American interests. The discussion ends at that point as you cannot reason with people, no matter what facts and logic you use, who cold-heartedly justify what their country does merely because it happens in the name of their arbitrary interests.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 1:54:32 AM
At 10/15/2015 10:44:06 PM, TheProphett wrote:
If you would like, I could work on some articles regarding international politics.
I'm not concerned with content as much as the lack of members who are really interested in engaging in it as well as generating it out of pure interest. I think at best the site should be changed in design so everything American related disappears, and is only there by option.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 2:02:34 AM
At 10/16/2015 1:52:54 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 10/15/2015 10:53:45 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
It still takes root in American perspective. More often than not you'll see a few Americans jump in and, like pure psychopaths, say it's all okay in the name of American interests. The discussion ends at that point as you cannot reason with people, no matter what facts and logic you use, who cold-heartedly justify what their country does merely because it happens in the name of their arbitrary interests.
Eh...there's going to be unreasonable people in all discussion.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 2:04:33 AM
At 10/16/2015 2:02:34 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Eh...there's going to be unreasonable people in all discussion.
That's right. :(
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 2:32:28 AM

Input is appreciated.