Jump to topic:

Debate Topics.

True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 9:24:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Anyone have any ideas for a REALLLLLY good debate topic? I've finally worked up the nerve to do one, but I can't think of anything. HEEEELP D;
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 9:28:50 AM
At 9/20/2010 9:24:21 AM, True2GaGa wrote:
Anyone have any ideas for a REALLLLLY good debate topic? I've finally worked up the nerve to do one, but I can't think of anything. HEEEELP D;

Those with serious congenital defects should be sterilised.
Top scientists and athletes should be forcibly bred together.
The Holocaust never happened.
The Armenian Holocuast never happened.
Masturbation makes you blind.
The Boy Scouts are Controlled by Reptillians.
It is impossible for mankind to ever know how much wood a woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
If aliens exist they don't want to have sex with us.

Come on... just brainstorm.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 10:01:33 AM
At 9/20/2010 9:28:50 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

It is impossible for mankind to ever know how much wood a woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

And if you need an opponent on any of those, let me know.
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 10:35:21 AM

Well it depends on what you're interested in. For me personally, some future debate topics would be:

People should be allowed to sell their organs.
The FDA should be abolished.
The Fed should be abolished.
"Social contracts" are not an adequate justification for government.
Meth should be legalized.

But I don't know what you'd be interested in.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 11:45:20 AM

Hahahaha. I like Cerebral's topics, especially the woodchuck and alien ones.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 12:12:36 PM

I volunteer to be Con to this one, if any actually want to defend its pro. It would be fun to argue that I am not controlled by a Reptillian.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 12:17:10 PM
At 9/20/2010 12:12:36 PM, Marauder wrote:

I volunteer to be Con to this one, if any actually want to defend its pro. It would be fun to argue that I am not controlled by a Reptillian.

I think the argument woudl be the organisation is controlled by reptilians, not each individual member :P.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 12:17:37 PM

If you are worried that you are then ask your scout master to say "Ka nama kaa lajerama".
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 12:20:33 PM
At 9/20/2010 10:01:33 AM, innomen wrote:

I'll take you up on that, innoment.

"It is impossible for mankind to ever know how much wood a woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood."

I'll be PRO...?
President of DDO
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 12:22:29 PM
At 9/20/2010 12:17:10 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

I think the argument woudl be the organisation is controlled by reptilians, not each individual member :P.

I am part of the organization. how could the whole of it ever be controlled and I not be controlled to some degree?

if a whole organization is being controlled it's still necessary that certain key individuals be the target of the manipulation. and all under those key people are indirectly controlled by the reptiles.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 12:23:01 PM
At 9/20/2010 12:20:33 PM, theLwerd wrote:

"It is impossible for mankind to ever know how much wood a woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood."

I'll be PRO...?

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 12:23:48 PM
At 9/20/2010 12:17:37 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

If you are worried that you are then ask your scout master to say "Ka nama kaa lajerama".

will do. what should happen if he is a reptile. will he be unable to say it without hissing?

A Scout is Obedient.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 12:26:33 PM
At 9/20/2010 12:23:48 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 9/20/2010 12:17:37 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

will do. what should happen if he is a reptile. will he be unable to say it without hissing?

What do they teach kids these days... but yea, it's from Conan/Lovecraft. They hate to hear it and are apparently unable to say it.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2010 1:05:22 PM
At 9/20/2010 12:20:33 PM, theLwerd wrote:

I'll be PRO...?

YOu are saying that... if a woodchuck could chuck wood it would be a measurable amount of wood that would be chucked, if it could be chucked, that could be checked would it be chucked? Or...since a woodchuck can't chuck wood, it wouldn't be an amount of wood that could be checked on the chuck, so therefore it is not a measurable amount of chucked wood to be checked? And you're taking the Pro?