Jump to topic:

DDO Writing Contest *UPDATED*

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:42:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hello all, my name is PetersSmith and I will taking control of the "DDO Writing Contest". Unfortunately, the user Lee01, the original host, is currently going through some life issues and she "should" be back eventually. Anyways, Lee01 has graciously given me the privilege to lead this and this update is to tell you just that.

Here is the last message she has sent to me to you all: "First off, I'd like to thank all of you for signing up. I'm very happy with the turn out, and I'm happy with all who signed up because I know lots of you are capable of writing great things.

This is the finalized sheet. Debate-master's account has been closed, so if you wish to replace him in Action category, let me know. You're only allowed two categories.

Action

1. UtherPenguin (determinant)

2. Zaradi

3. TheDebater101

4. Debate-master1 (CLOSED ACCOUNT)

5. Berend

Crime

1. Devilry

2. logical-master123

3. Jonbonbon

4. Donald.Keller

5. Ramshutu

Fantasy

1. lannan13

2. ESocialBookworm

3. SolonKR

4. ethang5t

5. donald.keller

Romance

1. ShabShoral

2. Wylted

3. Ajabi

4. Zaradi

5. Mikal

How this will work:

You will have 1 whole month to write your story, so on November 12th, you must send me your story. Either send it to me in this mass pm, or pm me separately. I will read over some of them to be sure there is no potential of the story getting removed by the mod. I'm specifically paying attention to the Romance category -.-

You may use google doc if you wish, and then send me the link, or just copy and paste it. There will a prize at the end, but I will announce that later.

I will let you guys have this option-

A) You send me your story, and I'll post it in the " DDO Writing Contest Stories"

or

B) I'll make the forum, and you can post it yourself, making sure you include the genre.

I was thinking A would be easier. I wouldn't post the stories until I had *everyone's* story, and then I'd organize it by category. But these are your stories, so tell me what you think.

That's it for now, let me know if you have any questions.
"

Okay, so obviously replace "me" with PetersSmith. In sum, submit your stories by November 12th by PMing me. However, there are some issues with the signups. The users Debate-master1, Esocialbookworm, and TheDebater101 seem to be incapacitated (two of which have been closed). If you know any friends or family, or even yourself, that would like to replace them, let me know.

Anyways, I wish you all good luck and you may PM me if you have any questions. Thank you and have a fantastic day.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
tracy_owens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 6:07:02 AM
At 10/28/2015 5:42:22 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Hello all, my name is PetersSmith and I will taking control of the "DDO Writing Contest". Unfortunately, the user Lee01, the original host, is currently going through some life issues and she "should" be back eventually. Anyways, Lee01 has graciously given me the privilege to lead this and this update is to tell you just that.

Here is the last message she has sent to me to you all: "First off, I'd like to thank all of you for signing up. I'm very happy with the turn out, and I'm happy with all who signed up because I know lots of you are capable of writing great things.

This is the finalized sheet. Debate-master's account has been closed, so if you wish to replace him in Action category, let me know. You're only allowed two categories.

Action

2. Zaradi

3. TheDebater101

5. Berend

Crime

1. Devilry

2. logical-master123

3. Jonbonbon

4. Donald.Keller

5. Ramshutu

Fantasy

1. lannan13

2. ESocialBookworm

3. SolonKR

4. ethang5t

5. donald.keller

Romance

1. ShabShoral

2. Wylted

3. Ajabi

4. Zaradi

5. Mikal

How this will work:

You will have 1 whole month to write your story, so on November 12th, you must send me your story. Either send it to me in this mass pm, or pm me separately. I will read over some of them to be sure there is no potential of the story getting removed by the mod. I'm specifically paying attention to the Romance category -.-

You may use google doc if you wish, and then send me the link, or just copy and paste it. There will a prize at the end, but I will announce that later.

A) You send me your story, and I'll post it in the " DDO Writing Contest Stories"

or

B) I'll make the forum, and you can post it yourself, making sure you include the genre.

I was thinking A would be easier. I wouldn't post the stories until I had *everyone's* story, and then I'd organize it by category. But these are your stories, so tell me what you think.

"

Okay, so obviously replace "me" with PetersSmith. In sum, submit your stories by November 12th by PMing me. However, there are some issues with the signups. The users Debate-master1, Esocialbookworm, and TheDebater101 seem to be incapacitated (two of which have been closed). If you know any friends or family, or even yourself, that would like to replace them, let me know.

I'd like to take Debate-master1's place.

Anyways, I wish you all good luck and you may PM me if you have any questions. Thank you and have a fantastic day.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 1:58:57 PM
At 10/28/2015 6:07:02 AM, tracy_owens wrote:
At 10/28/2015 5:42:22 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Action

2. Zaradi

3. TheDebater101

5. Berend

Crime

1. Devilry

2. logical-master123

3. Jonbonbon

4. Donald.Keller

5. Ramshutu

Fantasy

1. lannan13

2. ESocialBookworm

3. SolonKR

4. ethang5t

5. donald.keller

Romance

1. ShabShoral

2. Wylted

3. Ajabi

4. Zaradi

5. Mikal

How this will work:

or

"

I'd like to take Debate-master1's place.

Sure, I guess.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...