Jump to topic:

Annoying Usernames

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 3:01:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Do you ever get annoyed at your choice of username? I get so annoyed with my choice of username because I'm sick of constantly getting friendship requesting stating something along the lines of the following:

"I've always wanted to be friends with someone famous"

It's at times like this that I really regret my choice of username ...
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 4:13:50 PM
At 10/28/2015 3:01:49 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Do you ever get annoyed at your choice of username? I get so annoyed with my choice of username because I'm sick of constantly getting friendship requesting stating something along the lines of the following:

I find that amusing. But I can see how those would get old.

I'd probably change my username given the chance, but I like it enough.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 4:20:26 PM

Yeah, well it was alright at the beginning but now every time I log I have at the least 3 more friend requests for that reason. The most I've ever had is 13 friendship requests for that reason in the space of less than 12 hours!
John Galsworthy
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 4:24:05 PM
At 10/28/2015 4:20:26 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Yeah, well it was alright at the beginning but now every time I log I have at the least 3 more friend requests for that reason. The most I've ever had is 13 friendship requests for that reason in the space of less than 12 hours!

I think that's awesome. You're popular just for asserting you're popular. Kind of like the Kardashians.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 4:27:11 PM
I think that's awesome. You're popular just for asserting you're popular. Kind of like the Kardashians.

Well it's not like popular member are sending me requests. I'm getting hundreds of requests from debaters that have only been on the site for less than 1 week. Not exactly popularity.
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 4:45:06 PM
At 10/28/2015 4:31:38 PM, Insignifica wrote:
Yes. The first thread I created on this site was an inquiry about if there's any way to change my username.

I saw that.
John Galsworthy
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 4:52:11 PM
At 10/28/2015 4:27:11 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Well it's not like popular member are sending me requests. I'm getting hundreds of requests from debaters that have only been on the site for less than 1 week. Not exactly popularity.

Eh just change your measurements to quantity instead of quality, and use it.

Heck, we had a guy named Jifpop who was a revolution a year back. He gathered as many noobs as he could, and they spammed DDO so hard they literally broke it. Hen Imabench took them down single handedly suffering a temp ban in the battle, but that's the power of new members if you know how to handle them.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 4:55:31 PM
At 10/28/2015 4:52:11 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Heck, we had a guy named Jifpop who was a revolution a year back. He gathered as many noobs as he could, and they spammed DDO so hard they literally broke it. Hen Imabench took them down single handedly suffering a temp ban in the battle, but that's the power of new members if you know how to handle them.

Yeah but he got banned in the end. Anyway, I'm not sure if creating this thread was the best idea. Since creating this thread I've received over 20 friend requests for the exact reason stated in post 1.
John Galsworthy
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 4:58:36 PM
At 10/28/2015 4:55:31 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 10/28/2015 4:52:11 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Yeah but he got banned in the end. Anyway, I'm not sure if creating this thread was the best idea. Since creating this thread I've received over 20 friend requests for the exact reason stated in post 1.

Yeah, he got banned. He's actually back, but he seems to have reformed quite a bit. I'm just saying use your friends wisely. There is power in numbers.

But yeah, don't give the trolls material. They will wreck you. They're my lot, but they're a bit rowdy sometimes.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

KingofEverything
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:20:10 PM
Oh heck no! My name is symbolic of my status. Only Mirza is as fabulous as I am!
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:22:32 PM
At 10/28/2015 4:16:22 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Nope

Zaradi-da-hottie
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:28:00 PM
Omg, people actually write that to you?

No I'm not really annoyed with mine, it's just a username.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:29:46 PM
At 10/28/2015 5:28:00 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Yep.

You're lucky. I get so many notifications and because there are so many I don't actually know when I'm getting a real notification and sometimes I miss some important notifications because of it.
John Galsworthy
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:33:19 PM

I find the 'hundreds' hard to believe. It's probably like 4.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:34:36 PM
At 10/28/2015 5:29:46 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 10/28/2015 5:28:00 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Yep.

You're lucky. I get so many notifications and because there are so many I don't actually know when I'm getting a real notification and sometimes I miss some important notifications because of it.

Oh really...tell me more! ;)

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:35:12 PM

I framed the request with knowledge from this threat. And, no, I don't want famous friends
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:35:50 PM

It's about 5 - 10 per day so in the long term hundreds is realistic.
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:37:28 PM
At 10/28/2015 5:35:12 PM, TBR wrote:

I framed the request with knowledge from this thread. And, no, I don't want famous friends

Fixed.

I kind of got that. It wouldn't be coincidental that you posted a request like that almost instantly after this thread was created.
John Galsworthy
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:43:07 PM
At 10/28/2015 5:22:32 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Nope

Zaradi-da-hottie

Rofl...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:45:32 PM
At 10/28/2015 5:35:50 PM, famousdebater wrote:

No, that's still not believable.
Besides you weren't using 'hundreds' in that kind of context.

Most people (assuming they are *very* active) could possibly have over 100 'friend' requests over a prolonged period of time; however you implied that you are receiving 'hundreds' on a regular basis.

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:46:20 PM
At 10/28/2015 5:36:35 PM, famousdebater wrote:

What else is there to tell?

No really...it's most fascinating.

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:47:14 PM
At 10/28/2015 5:46:20 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 10/28/2015 5:36:35 PM, famousdebater wrote:

What else is there to tell?

No really...it's most fascinating.

How?
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:48:25 PM

No, that's still not believable.
Besides you weren't using 'hundreds' in that kind of context.

Most people (assuming they are *very* active) could possibly have over 100 'friend' requests over a prolonged period of time; however you implied that you are receiving 'hundreds' on a regular basis.

It wasn't supposed to be implied like that. I meant that over 2 weeks I get around 100 friendship requests.
John Galsworthy
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:56:23 PM
At 10/28/2015 5:43:07 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Nope

Zaradi-da-hottie

Rofl...

It's perfect, right?
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:57:06 PM
At 10/28/2015 5:56:23 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Nope

Zaradi-da-hottie

Rofl...

It's perfect, right?

lol
John Galsworthy
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 6:08:37 PM
Nope

Zaradi-da-hottie

Rofl...

His name is Zaradi-da-hottie, he has the potential to make them good girls go naughty.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 6:11:04 PM
I don't usually find the joking use of my username annoying.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King