Jump to topic:

Voting

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 8:39:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I want to vote so badly!!!! I have sent in my mobile phone number, live in america, and tried multiple times to get the verification sent. However, I never recieved the text message. Anyone else having this trouble? What should I do?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
ALVARADO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 8:41:48 AM
At 9/24/2010 8:39:47 AM, darkkermit wrote:
I want to vote so badly!!!! I have sent in my mobile phone number, live in america, and tried multiple times to get the verification sent. However, I never recieved the text message. Anyone else having this trouble? What should I do?

I also live in America and had terrible trouble with this. Finally i used a friends number and she was able to give me the code. I'm not sure why it's such a problem.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 6:05:12 PM
It worked for me the first time. I can't help you. Try your mom's cell instead.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
CiRrK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 6:28:35 PM
At 9/24/2010 8:39:47 AM, darkkermit wrote:

It took mine a day to come. If you send it in multiple times its only backlogging the information, which means a longer wait.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 6:30:43 PM
Well I had friends in American and I tried to get a confirmation code on one of their phones. Epic, epic fail.

I contacted Phil about this a while ago (I said with 10+ debates and 1500 posts in the forums, I should be auto-confirmed) and he said they were working on a new confirmation system which should be implimented around the end of the year.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2010 6:36:52 PM
At 9/26/2010 6:30:43 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Well I had friends in American and I tried to get a confirmation code on one of their phones. Epic, epic fail.

I contacted Phil about this a while ago (I said with 10+ debates and 1500 posts in the forums, I should be auto-confirmed) and he said they were working on a new confirmation system which should be implimented around the end of the year.

and people complain about him.
signature
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 5:54:59 AM
this site should not allow people to vote for themselves
BE HAPPY!! =D
you are beautiful, don't let anyone tell you you're not
you're 100X more beautiful when you smile, not that you need it
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 10:31:01 AM
At 9/30/2010 5:54:59 AM, wush wrote:

But politicians are allowed to vote for themselves...

However, personally I agree with you, because I'm what you Americans call "one of them, low down, no good, cotton-pickin' foreigners" I'm not allowed to vote at all and if I was I bet my win ratio would improve dramatically.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2010 9:22:50 PM
A debate should be decided on the "unbiased" opinions of other not on the opinions of the debaters. And some of it is very biased. One of my opponents gave himself all 7 points despite there being no external links throughout the debate
BE HAPPY!! =D
you are beautiful, don't let anyone tell you you're not
you're 100X more beautiful when you smile, not that you need it
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2010 7:44:22 AM
What new system is he making? (if you know.

And I had that same problem, it took me making this account and moving and having a new number before it came, and that was months after I sent for the code.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2010 7:52:16 AM
At 9/30/2010 10:31:01 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 9/30/2010 5:54:59 AM, wush wrote:

But politicians are allowed to vote for themselves...

However, personally I agree with you, because I'm what you Americans call "one of them, low down, no good, cotton-pickin' foreigners" I'm not allowed to vote at all and if I was I bet my win ratio would improve dramatically.

Both politicians can vote for themselves. The same does not go with DDO. I haven't actually run into that problem yet, except for one debate which I conceded anyways.
I personally think we should resolve this issue by vote bombing against those who vote for themselves against non-voting opponents.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...