Jump to topic:

PSA: Policy Debaters

Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2015 12:51:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Running a Nietzsche K is not "cool" "edgy" or "funny" and is DEFINITELY IS NOT UNIQUE.

DO NOT RUN A NIETZSCHE K

Chances are you shouldn't be running ANY K...but at least if you run a crappy security K I'm not going to be mad at you for making me sit through an hour of you repeating "without suffering there is no joy so Aff kills value to life." You don't understand Nietzsche and your Alt is garbage, stop being lazy and put together a serious Neg strat.
spacetime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2015 1:06:37 AM
Why would anyone run a kritik like that? Seems like it would be incredibly easy to defeat.
Call me King Pootie Tang.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2015 1:46:30 AM
At 11/8/2015 12:51:59 AM, Raisor wrote:
Running a Nietzsche K is not "cool" "edgy" or "funny" and is DEFINITELY IS NOT UNIQUE.

DO NOT RUN A NIETZSCHE K

Chances are you shouldn't be running ANY K...but at least if you run a crappy security K I'm not going to be mad at you for making me sit through an hour of you repeating "without suffering there is no joy so Aff kills value to life." You don't understand Nietzsche and your Alt is garbage, stop being lazy and put together a serious Neg strat.

http://www.reactiongifs.com...
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2015 1:47:27 AM
At 11/8/2015 1:06:37 AM, spacetime wrote:
Why would anyone run a kritik like that?

Because they think they're being clever and edgy. In reality, they don't understand Nietzsche and they just embarrass themselves and annoy judges.

Like drugs, kritiks are bad. Mmmkay?
Tsar of DDO
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2015 1:57:20 AM
At 11/8/2015 1:47:27 AM, YYW wrote:
Why would anyone run a kritik like that?

Because they think they're being clever and edgy. In reality, they don't understand Nietzsche and they just embarrass themselves and annoy judges.

Like drugs, kritiks are bad. Mmmkay?

I am 100% on board with K's and 110% on board with Snoop Dogg.

What I am not on board with is poorly constructed K's and kids running them to be chic and chouette.

If some kid actually understod Nietzsche and did a super great analysis of how the attitudinal representation of the Aff motivation dooms us all to despair and the justification of the Aff is inseparable from the perpetuation of values moving forward (or whatever) I would be ON BOARD.

GOOD K'S ARE GOOD. But nobody runs them well so instead I have to listen to a vomit inducing reductionist account of how we need to "embrace racism" because....Nietzsche?
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2015 1:58:00 AM
Why would anyone run a kritik like that? Seems like it would be incredibly easy to defeat.

The history of my ballots would agree with out.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2015 2:00:45 AM
At 11/8/2015 1:57:20 AM, Raisor wrote:

You have now created my new goal to be to run the best Nietzsche K you've ever seen.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2015 2:01:30 AM
At 11/8/2015 2:00:45 AM, Zaradi wrote:

You have now created my new goal to be to run the best Nietzsche K you've ever seen.

LMAO thats a low bar.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2015 2:03:23 AM
At 11/8/2015 2:01:30 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 11/8/2015 2:00:45 AM, Zaradi wrote:

LMAO thats a low bar.

-.-
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2015 2:10:21 AM
The problem I have with a lot of Nietzsche K's is that the source material isn't normative but the shell forces some sort of normative conclusion.

Like....you generically link to "labeling something a problem"...but are we supposed to not do anything then? Can we not find something personally distasteful or motivating and act on it? Can't we embrace our own desire to eliminate suffering while recognizing that the world is inevitably full of suffering and that even suffering is good? Doesn't this just lead to a happy warrior mentality wher we embrace the aff and are thankful for the chance to fight a fight?

Plus there are passages in N. where he talks about how even he has a hard time saying "YES" to everything and finds himself wanting to change X. So its like, can't we recognize the truth of the K while recognizing the goal is unattainable, and that in itself is embracing the unity of reality or whatever?

IDK I just don't get how the K gets translated into "vot neg"