Jump to topic:

Have I finally escaped DDO Addiction?

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 3:49:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was able to elude DDO for 2 months. I seem to have instituted a system where I come on once in a while to do a few posts. Is this just a mirage, or have I made it out alive?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 3:57:14 AM
At 11/11/2015 3:49:12 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
I was able to elude DDO for 2 months. I seem to have instituted a system where I come on once in a while to do a few posts. Is this just a mirage, or have I made it out alive?

Nope, because the whole time you just logged onto your airmax account. We all know that :/
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 5:33:36 AM

You're back here, aren't you? :P
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 5:34:24 AM
It's just a phase. You'll be back to normal in no time.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 6:24:49 AM
At 11/11/2015 5:33:36 AM, Zaradi wrote:

You're back here, aren't you? :P

http://gifsec.com...
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Daktoria
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 1:02:00 PM
How do you even get addicted here? There's nothing to get addicted to.

Granted on regular political forums, yea, there's something to be convinced about in wanting to change the world, but this place is nothing like that.
Daktoria
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 1:05:59 PM
That said, this place is remarkably similar to political forums in the way that political forums have tremendous bias within administrators and moderators themselves who impose their specific political viewpoints on how the forums are generally ruled.

DDO is mostly about making friends who share your opinions, and then calling on them to vote for you in debates (subject to moderator approval since the rules for judging debates are remarkably biased as well, moderators will even remove your votes even when they're unbiased if they're not approved of by mods). The debates themselves are just gigantic rationalizations that marginally keep up with appearances.

That's not addiction. That's corruption.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 2:56:58 PM
At 11/11/2015 1:05:59 PM, Daktoria wrote:
That said, this place is remarkably similar to political forums in the way that political forums have tremendous bias within administrators and moderators themselves who impose their specific political viewpoints on how the forums are generally ruled.

DDO is mostly about making friends who share your opinions, and then calling on them to vote for you in debates (subject to moderator approval since the rules for judging debates are remarkably biased as well, moderators will even remove your votes even when they're unbiased if they're not approved of by mods). The debates themselves are just gigantic rationalizations that marginally keep up with appearances.

Not to be rude- but if you don't like it, then why are you still here?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 3:18:13 PM

No you're basically just in a state of denial right now. Or it's like what I do. I usually go on a 3 or 4 month hiatus, come back for a bit saying I won't get addicted, then I'm back for 3 or 4 months. I repeat the process indefinitely.

You're just going through the same thing.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 4:37:47 PM

How to overcome it: don't. There are only negatives to leaving DDO and only positives to staying. Just settle down.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 4:55:52 PM
At 11/11/2015 2:56:58 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 11/11/2015 1:05:59 PM, Daktoria wrote:

Not to be rude- but if you don't like it, then why are you still here?

The same reason I am still, I hate the mods but I have nothing better to do.
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2015 7:32:45 PM
If you're planning to run against me this election cycle, the answer is no, lol, you haven't escaped... :)

But, that said, it's nice to see you back, dude.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...