Jump to topic:

Der Kriegsplan: Reviving of the history forum

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:21:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
In response to the previous offers to "revive" the economics forum. I would like to do the same thing with the History forum. Through the four step "Kreigsplan"

Step 1: Figure of the month

Each month a historical figure is nominated from multiple categories. Ranging from emperors, to historians, to humanitarians. Kinda like in Civ Rev where the "great people" are put into separate categories. Each month a category is chosen, whether it be great historians, kings or humanitarians, list goes on and goes monthly. A selection of 10 individuals will be made and a vote. The historical figure with the most votes gets the thread for "(x) of the month" with their own thread dedicate to their life and achivements, said thread is planned to be pinned on the top of the forum at the begining of each month.

Step 2: Decisive Battles

Named after an awesome show made before the history channel descended into crap, this thread section will be made to discuss historical battles in each era, continent and region of the world (eventually at least), from Stalingrad to the Red Cliffs.

The threads will look at the generals, logistics and soldiers in the battle. How it was fought, how it was won (or lost), and what made the battle so decisive and impact..ful.

Step 3: Shift of power and the arms race

The population of this forum will radically increase as mass conscription and military research is encouraged. Power in this forum will then be shifted from the mods into the hands of "UtherPenguin", the offical language of the forum will switch to German and UtherPenguin will then change his user name to "DerKaiser". militarization and industrialization will be made common place.

Step 4: Expansion

In the 3 step Scliffen Plan, the forum shall expand it's territory at a drastic rate, Annexing the neutral "Health" forum and bypassing the Franko-German border. Efforts will then be made to subjugate the Economic and Religious forums. After that, all eyes on the Eastern front, as the main forum is eventually conquered.

After a glorious victory in battle, DDO's offical language shall then be changed from English into German and Japanese. Japanese Kana will be added into the type interface and Juggle will be obligated to say "desu" at the end of every sentence.

Aside from the last two steps, I am fully serious of enacting this plan.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
BlackFlags
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:45:59 AM
Obsession with WW2 stories is what ruined the history channel though.

It wasn't until they switched to ancient cultures and biblical legends that they actually began recovering viewers.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 4:02:45 AM
At 11/13/2015 3:21:43 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
In response to the previous offers to "revive" the economics forum. I would like to do the same thing with the History forum. Through the four step "Kreigsplan"

Each month a historical figure is nominated from multiple categories. Ranging from emperors, to historians, to humanitarians. Kinda like in Civ Rev where the "great people" are put into separate categories. Each month a category is chosen, whether it be great historians, kings or humanitarians, list goes on and goes monthly. A selection of 10 individuals will be made and a vote. The historical figure with the most votes gets the thread for "(x) of the month" with their own thread dedicate to their life and achivements, said thread is planned to be pinned on the top of the forum at the begining of each month.

Step 2: Decisive Battles

Named after an awesome show made before the history channel descended into crap, this thread section will be made to discuss historical battles in each era, continent and region of the world (eventually at least), from Stalingrad to the Red Cliffs.

The threads will look at the generals, logistics and soldiers in the battle. How it was fought, how it was won (or lost), and what made the battle so decisive and impact..ful.

Step 3: Shift of power and the arms race

The population of this forum will radically increase as mass conscription and military research is encouraged. Power in this forum will then be shifted from the mods into the hands of "UtherPenguin", the offical language of the forum will switch to German and UtherPenguin will then change his user name to "DerKaiser". militarization and industrialization will be made common place.

Step 4: Expansion

In the 3 step Scliffen Plan, the forum shall expand it's territory at a drastic rate, Annexing the neutral "Health" forum and bypassing the Franko-German border. Efforts will then be made to subjugate the Economic and Religious forums. After that, all eyes on the Eastern front, as the main forum is eventually conquered.

After a glorious victory in battle, DDO's offical language shall then be changed from English into German and Japanese. Japanese Kana will be added into the type interface and Juggle will be obligated to say "desu" at the end of every sentence.

Aside from the last two steps, I am fully serious of enacting this plan.

You should talk to bsh about this.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 4:06:31 AM
At 11/13/2015 3:45:59 AM, BlackFlags wrote:
Obsession with WW2 stories is what ruined the history channel though.

It wasn't until they switched to ancient cultures and biblical legends that they actually began recovering viewers.

They always had an obsession with WW2, Even when the channel was good.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 4:19:09 AM

Awesome! Glad you're doing this! :)

I'd like to nominate Genghis Khan. :D
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 4:20:03 AM
At 11/13/2015 4:19:09 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

Awesome! Glad you're doing this! :)

I'd like to nominate Genghis Khan. :D

This months theme: Generals.