Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Vaguely directed threads...

ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 5:01:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I hate threads that are so obviously about a particular member or event, but they're written as to seem universal and not specific... Threads like that are just the worst... Some people need to gain the courage to directly call people out.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 5:32:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think I know who you're talking about and I absolutely agree.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 5:54:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well it's good that we've come to a consensus on this fvcker.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,760
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 4:03:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/17/2015 5:01:33 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
I hate threads that are so obviously about a particular member or event, but they're written as to seem universal and not specific... Threads like that are just the worst... Some people need to gain the courage to directly call people out.

http://www.polyvore.com...
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
inferno
Posts: 10,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 8:06:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/17/2015 5:01:33 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
I hate threads that are so obviously about a particular member or event, but they're written as to seem universal and not specific... Threads like that are just the worst... Some people need to gain the courage to directly call people out.

But people here do call people out all the time. Im one of them.
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 10:11:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/17/2015 5:01:33 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
I hate threads that are so obviously about a particular member or event, but they're written as to seem universal and not specific... Threads like that are just the worst... Some people need to gain the courage to directly call people out.

Which threads are too vague?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 11:37:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/17/2015 10:11:21 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/17/2015 5:01:33 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
I hate threads that are so obviously about a particular member or event, but they're written as to seem universal and not specific... Threads like that are just the worst... Some people need to gain the courage to directly call people out.

Which threads are too vague?

You know the ones...
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 11:48:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/17/2015 11:37:31 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 11/17/2015 10:11:21 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/17/2015 5:01:33 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
I hate threads that are so obviously about a particular member or event, but they're written as to seem universal and not specific... Threads like that are just the worst... Some people need to gain the courage to directly call people out.

Which threads are too vague?

You know the ones...

Haha...
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 3:30:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Some people just don't understand irony...
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 11:44:26 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
Still as true today as it was then, and forever.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 11:51:14 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/13/2015 11:44:26 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Still as true today as it was then, and forever.

Agreed. If I may add, certain events have transpired. And I've thought about certain things. And I'm sorry for the way those certain events transpired. And I would just like to make some changes about certain things and certain situations.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:02:26 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/13/2015 11:51:14 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/13/2015 11:44:26 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Still as true today as it was then, and forever.

Agreed. If I may add, certain events have transpired. And I've thought about certain things. And I'm sorry for the way those certain events transpired. And I would just like to make some changes about certain things and certain situations.

When I grow up I want to be married and have 100 kids so I can have 100 friends and no one can say no to being my friend.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:13:41 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 12:02:26 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 12/13/2015 11:51:14 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/13/2015 11:44:26 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Still as true today as it was then, and forever.

Agreed. If I may add, certain events have transpired. And I've thought about certain things. And I'm sorry for the way those certain events transpired. And I would just like to make some changes about certain things and certain situations.

When I grow up I want to be married and have 100 kids so I can have 100 friends and no one can say no to being my friend.

Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:14:30 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 12:13:41 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/14/2015 12:02:26 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 12/13/2015 11:51:14 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/13/2015 11:44:26 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Still as true today as it was then, and forever.

Agreed. If I may add, certain events have transpired. And I've thought about certain things. And I'm sorry for the way those certain events transpired. And I would just like to make some changes about certain things and certain situations.

When I grow up I want to be married and have 100 kids so I can have 100 friends and no one can say no to being my friend.

Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

Fact: bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:17:47 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 12:14:30 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 12/14/2015 12:13:41 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/14/2015 12:02:26 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 12/13/2015 11:51:14 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/13/2015 11:44:26 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Still as true today as it was then, and forever.

Agreed. If I may add, certain events have transpired. And I've thought about certain things. And I'm sorry for the way those certain events transpired. And I would just like to make some changes about certain things and certain situations.

When I grow up I want to be married and have 100 kids so I can have 100 friends and no one can say no to being my friend.

Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

Fact: bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

When I said that I wanted to have kids, and you said you wanted me to have a vasectomy, what did I do? And then, when you said that you might want to have kids, and I wasn't so sure, who had the vasectomy reversed? And then when you said you definitely didn't want to have kids? Who had it reversed back? Snip, snap! Snip, snap! Snip, snap! I did! You have no idea the physical toll that three vasectomies have on a person!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:21:59 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 12:17:47 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/14/2015 12:14:30 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 12/14/2015 12:13:41 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/14/2015 12:02:26 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 12/13/2015 11:51:14 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/13/2015 11:44:26 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Still as true today as it was then, and forever.

Agreed. If I may add, certain events have transpired. And I've thought about certain things. And I'm sorry for the way those certain events transpired. And I would just like to make some changes about certain things and certain situations.

When I grow up I want to be married and have 100 kids so I can have 100 friends and no one can say no to being my friend.

Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

Fact: bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

When I said that I wanted to have kids, and you said you wanted me to have a vasectomy, what did I do? And then, when you said that you might want to have kids, and I wasn't so sure, who had the vasectomy reversed? And then when you said you definitely didn't want to have kids? Who had it reversed back? Snip, snap! Snip, snap! Snip, snap! I did! You have no idea the physical toll that three vasectomies have on a person!

(Now, after seeing it for the second time, I remember where that's from.)
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lamerde
Posts: 1,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:23:08 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
Well played, everyone.
Why I ignore YYW:
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Calling someone a bitch multiple times while claiming you're taking the high road is an art form, I suppose: http://www.debate.org...
Toad-Uoff
Posts: 206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:11:35 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 11/17/2015 5:01:33 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
I hate threads that are so obviously about a particular member or event, but they're written as to seem universal and not specific... Threads like that are just the worst... Some people need to gain the courage to directly call people out.

ONE of the reasons that's going on is because of the inappropriate limits placed on TITLES, with the 40 character limit.

40 character limits is what applies to Book Titles, not Thread Titles. We need at least 100 characters to be able to PROPERLY label our thread discussion but when inappropriate CONTROLS are in place, CHAOS ALWAYS ENSUES.

"Order, via Control, breeds Chaos; but Control, via Order, isn't Control." (Open System Law of Order) - Old Toad Proverb

Proof that the above OTP is TRUE, is shown here:

http://www.spiegel.de...

If we had the correct amount of character space available to us, there'd be less Characters on DDO and all because they can be beat-up for vague titles but as long as the limit is set at 40 characters, there's nothing that can be done about the vaguely titled bait threads.

We need the Title limits @ DDO increased to 100-to-150 characters.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible but NOT BEYOND NECESSITY." - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit :)
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:24:07 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/13/2015 11:51:14 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 12/13/2015 11:44:26 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Still as true today as it was then, and forever.

Agreed. If I may add, certain events have transpired. And I've thought about certain things. And I'm sorry for the way those certain events transpired. And I would just like to make some changes about certain things and certain situations.

This is about me, isn't it? Listen, I'll say it again. I didn't know it was a potato. If I did, I wouldn't have put it there. At least we got a free trip to Disney out of it.