Jump to topic:

"We were unable to save your poll"

neutrino6626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 2:44:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hello, I am neutrino and I have encountered a problem.

I have tried to create a poll but it said they were unable to save the poll after I finished it.

Is there a way around this, am I not qualified, or is there something missing?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 2:49:24 AM
At 11/19/2015 2:44:54 AM, neutrino6626 wrote:

I have tried to create a poll but it said they were unable to save the poll after I finished it.

It's a very known bug. It works for some people and it doesn't work for others. No matter what poll you make, it will say "we were unable to save your poll". Normally, it will post regardless of this message (but still say it), which results in people resubmitting it constantly and creating duplicates. If it still did not post, then the reasons could be you tried to upload an image from your computer, you picked an image from google and it was "corrupt" (there's no way to tell this), there was some sort of issue with ALL your descriptions and/or answers, or it just doesn't work. I keep telling the head moderator to try and fix this, but it doesn't appear that it will be fixed anytime soon. So, we apologize for this inconvenience.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
neutrino6626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 2:51:01 AM
At 11/19/2015 2:49:24 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/19/2015 2:44:54 AM, neutrino6626 wrote:

It's a very known bug. It works for some people and it doesn't work for others. No matter what poll you make, it will say "we were unable to save your poll". Normally, it will post regardless of this message (but still say it), which results in people resubmitting it constantly and creating duplicates. If it still did not post, then the reasons could be you tried to upload an image from your computer, you picked an image from google and it was "corrupt" (there's no way to tell this), there was some sort of issue with ALL your descriptions and/or answers, or it just doesn't work. I keep telling the head moderator to try and fix this, but it doesn't appear that it will be fixed anytime soon. So, we apologize for this inconvenience.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do and hopefully they can fix this!