Jump to topic:

Bannig Troll Debates

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 11:16:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I hate troll debates. They just waste my internet service. Can't we ban them?
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 12:26:46 PM
At 11/22/2015 11:16:54 AM, fire_wings wrote:

This would be practically impossible since there are just so many. People wouldn't stop making them and then the admins would just have to have hours more work just to go through all of the reported debates to look for troll debates and then they have to review them and decide whether or not they should be deleted.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 12:28:45 PM
At 11/22/2015 12:26:46 PM, famousdebater wrote:

This would be practically impossible since there are just so many. People wouldn't stop making them and then the admins would just have to have hours more work just to go through all of the reported debates to look for troll debates and then they have to review them and decide whether or not they should be deleted.

Yeah, so my idea is that the debates that are removed my customer support, we do that.

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 12:29:44 PM
At 11/22/2015 12:28:45 PM, fire_wings wrote:

Yeah, so my idea is that the debates that are removed my customer support, we do that.

But there are so many and it would take up a lot of time and therefore the mods would find it very difficult to actually do anything other than review and look over debates.
John Galsworthy
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 12:30:19 PM
At 11/22/2015 12:29:44 PM, famousdebater wrote:

But there are so many and it would take up a lot of time and therefore the mods would find it very difficult to actually do anything other than review and look over debates.

True, however hire more workers. Simple.

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 12:30:43 PM
True that Airmax can't handle all of that even though he wants to.

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 12:32:23 PM
At 11/22/2015 12:30:19 PM, fire_wings wrote:

Who? Not a lot of people would be willing to waste their time to look over hundreds of reported troll debates and then review and decide to look over them.

The mods do not get paid for what they do. It is voluntary.

Also, trolls make up quite a large percentage of the active members on DDO at the moment. If we were to ban all troll debates then they would most likely lose - thus, lowering DDO site activity significantly.
John Galsworthy
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 1:46:25 PM

"Customer support" is just a term for the moderators.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 1:47:53 PM
At 11/22/2015 12:30:19 PM, fire_wings wrote:

So, you're suggesting that Juggle use so much money, gain no profit whatsoever, employ more workers and entirely change the way it's organization works so that your internet service isn't wasted?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 1:49:51 PM
There's no real point to banning troll debates. In a "troll debate," both debaters mutually accept that it's going to be a joke debate, and judges can vote as they please. Nobody asks you to read troll debates; it's your fault if you read them, not the fault of the people who troll. Apply the harm principle -- they don't harm anyone, and are just enjoying themselves. It's just an impractical, useless suggestion.
KingofEverything
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 4:24:41 PM
Some troll debates do get banned. If people make topics like "xcfcvhukjfcbiug" it can get removed.
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
DB8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 11:26:11 PM

I hate fire wings. They just waste my... Wait, let me not waste it.
I tried to write my signature on the screen but my pen ran out of ink.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2015 6:32:49 AM
At 11/22/2015 4:24:41 PM, KingofEverything wrote:
Some troll debates do get banned. If people make topics like "xcfcvhukjfcbiug" it can get removed.

That isn't a troll debate. It's blatant spamming.