Feedback on Presidential Updates

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2015 11:59:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Intro

I would appreciate it if you could provide me some feedback on the Presidential Updates I have conducted over the last 5 months or so of my term in office. In particular, there are 6 questions I'd really appreciate receiving feedback on. As this week's update is the last of this term, now seems like an appropriate time to solicit this kind of commentary.

Questions

1. Did you read the updates? Is this your first time hearing about them?

2. Did you find the information in the updates helpful or interesting? Why, or why not?

3. Can you suggest ways to attract a greater audience for these updates?

4. Would you recommend continuing these updates moving forward? Why, or why not? Were these updates useful enough to continue making?

5. Can you suggest any changes to the format or content of the updates that you think would improve the updates?

6. How would your rate the updates (Very Good, Good, Neutral, Negative, Very Negative, Unsure)?

Thank you...

...in advance for taking the time to fill this out and provide feedback. I really appreciate it!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 12:59:28 AM
Again, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could take a few moments to fill this out. Thanks!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 1:02:36 AM
Questions

I've read a number of them since my return.

2. Did you find the information in the updates helpful or interesting? Why, or why not?

The opening information was repetitive. It was the same, without adding anything new. Everything under it was useful, including top threads, debates, and such.

Post a link in each Forum, and see if Airmax will sticky them (or at least sticky the main one.)

4. Would you recommend continuing these updates moving forward? Why, or why not? Were these updates useful enough to continue making?

Yes and Yes.

5. Can you suggest any changes to the format or content of the updates that you think would improve the updates?

The format is good. The only advice I have is to make sure there is something new in the Intro from time to time.

6. How would your rate the updates (Very Good, Good, Neutral, Negative, Very Negative, Unsure)?

Good.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 1:08:00 AM
Thanks, DK.

And Uther, no thanks--all the arm-raising saluting would make my shoulders hurt.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 1:23:53 AM
At 11/23/2015 11:59:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I read all of them.
Yes, knowing how the projects and programs are coming along made me feel like I was more involved with DDO and had an insight to how the site was doing. I particularly liked the ads for debates.
Hmmm, the only way I can think of is maybe posting the link to people's pages, but thats not practical. Maybe sticky the latest update, idk
Yes, they helped advertise and give useful information on programs and community activites as well as progress with Juggle and progress on the site in general.
I didn't personally enjoy the facts of the week, but if other people did, by all means continue.
Very good.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 1:29:05 AM
Shortly I will make an update thread for important site news in the religious section, and request cooperation in only putting important site wide updates there. Hopefully that will help it reach a wider audience.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 8:07:24 AM
Intro

I would appreciate it if you could provide me some feedback on the Presidential Updates I have conducted over the last 5 months or so of my term in office. In particular, there are 6 questions I'd really appreciate receiving feedback on. As this week's update is the last of this term, now seems like an appropriate time to solicit this kind of commentary.

Questions

Yes, I make time to read all updates.

The highlighted threads and debates have always been stuff I've followed. And the new programs, etc.

Definitely. The actions taken by the presidency should be known by the community of DDO.

Very good.

Thank you...

...in advance for taking the time to fill this out and provide feedback. I really appreciate it!
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 8:27:49 AM
Intro

Questions

Yes, no.

Neither. They are updates.

Youtube, so I could listen to them in the background.

Don't care. Updates are updates. Only those with vested interest would find their being posted happy, I think.

Nope. Maybe less stuffy? They seem awfully formal imho.

Unsure.

Thank you...

crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:45:24 PM
Intro

Questions

Not all. No.

Yeah. Somewhat.

Make them into videos where you discuss stuff with people. It'll be a lot more fun and lively.

Yes. Yes.

Not really.

Good.

Thank you...

Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:46:26 PM
At 11/24/2015 8:27:49 AM, headphonegut wrote:

Nope. Maybe less stuffy? They seem awfully formal imho.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:55:12 PM
Intro

Questions

Thank you...

1. Ha, no since they never apply to me. But I have heard about them, obviously.

2. No because they didn't apply to me.

3. Try to improve the other areas of the site, or make general, real fixes like fixing the bugs or making meaningful additions like restoring the blog.

4. I don't care, do what you want.

5. Can't say you could do it any better.

6. So good that it breaks the scale.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 3:19:47 PM

Yes, I read every one of them; which renders the second question a "no."

Indeed. The updates helped direct me to things of importance and perhaps interest.

I'd say making those weekly updates would be nice. Other than that, it just depends on what's happening on the site; you can't really force things to go better.

Yes. They really incentivize activity in the places where it would be best used and appreciated. They were useful enough for you to continue. :)

No particular suggestions, you're doing well. :)

VERY NEGATIVE Jk, Very Positive. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 4:06:30 PM
At 11/24/2015 2:55:12 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
3. Try to improve the other areas of the site, or make general, real fixes like fixing the bugs or making meaningful additions like restoring the blog.

You know that I cannot do any of these things without Juggle's involvement, and I am not sure how any of this would better advertise the updates.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Lexus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 4:41:19 PM
Intro

Questions

I've read them all; no.

They offer nothing of actual use when we have our own eyes to click a button to see what was offered in the 'updates'.

Have actual meaning behind them - or give them when there is actual change not just "guys, there was a forum post! Let's celebrate <3" or "wow guys there was a debate what if we looked at the debate section of this debate website o.O"

I'd recommend them if they actually had substance that is of use besides just 'ok stuff happened that you can see on your own'. They are useless without actual change to the site or how the site works (hm, almost as if that's the purpose of a president ??)

In the beginning of every one, list all site-wide changes that have happened between updates [I looked, absolutely no site-wide changes have happened]

Very negative because they serve no purpose other than to make you seem like an influence on how things work when in all actuality nothing has happened of use [as far as I can tell]
Thank you...

np
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 4:55:43 PM
At 11/24/2015 4:41:19 PM, Lexus wrote:
Intro

Questions

I've read them all; no.

They offer nothing of actual use when we have our own eyes to click a button to see what was offered in the 'updates'.

One of the major points of these updates was to point out good content for users. Many people don't want to sift through pages of poor content, and so, I do it for them, and give them links to content that is good. Even people who look often miss worthwhile content, so aggregating links like this is helpful for both sets of individuals.

Very negative because they serve no purpose other than to make you seem like an influence on how things work when in all actuality nothing has happened of use [as far as I can tell]

I would disagree that nothing of use has been achieved during my term, but that would be a discussion better suited to a different thread.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:02:34 PM
Thanks to everyone who's answered so far!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 10:18:08 PM

Questions

Yes, I read/skimmed most of them.
Yes. Interesting debates and forums linked, and trivia is always cool. Also keeps people informed of community activities.
Maybe a PM with the link to the updates for everyone interested in them but who don't go to the forums that often?
Yes. They were for the most part interesting and useful, which is reason enough to continue.
Not off the top of my head, but if I think of something I'll tell you.
Good to Very Good
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Amoranemix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 10:55:18 AM
- bsh1 1
What updates ?

No, since I haven't read any of them.

Sticky them for a few days, create a PM list for those interested; link to previous updates

I have no advice to give.

No

Unsure

- bsh1 1
- Lexus 15
- bsh1 16
One of the major points of these updates was to point out good content for users. Many people don't want to sift through pages of poor content, and so, I do it for them, and give them links to content that is good. Even people who look often miss worthwhile content, so aggregating links like this is helpful for both sets of individuals.
What about extra short threads that are born dead because the author was so naive to believe that people wouldn't be too lazy to appreciate the work (s)he put in the OP ?
The earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth.
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 12:44:34 PM
Intro

Questions

I read most of the updates.

Most of the things in the updates are interesting.

They are all fine, but make an extra section, attracts more.

Yes, and Yes.

No, they are good.

Good

Thank you...

#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 7:37:59 PM
At 11/28/2015 10:55:18 AM, Amoranemix wrote:
- bsh1 1
What updates ?

These: http://tinyurl.com... They are released every other week, usually on Monday, and occasionally on Tuesday.

- bsh1
What about extra short threads that are born dead because the author was so naive to believe that people wouldn't be too lazy to appreciate the work (s)he put in the OP ?

It is not possible for me to recognize every good thread. Usually, I highlight three threads every 2 weeks. Including too many links can be overwhelming for people, and it often takes me quite a bit of time to read and assess whether threads should be highlighted, so it's not practical for me to do either. But, I am always willing to take recommendations.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 7:38:50 PM
At 11/28/2015 12:44:34 PM, fire_wings wrote:

What do you mean by this?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 2:53:39 AM
At 11/28/2015 7:38:50 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I mean that there is a debate.org section, we put a presidential updates section.

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 2:54:34 AM
At 11/29/2015 2:53:39 AM, fire_wings wrote:

I mean that there is a debate.org section, we put a presidential updates section.

Ah, that is unlikely to happen.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 2:55:02 AM
At 11/29/2015 2:54:34 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Yeah, I know. Just suggesting.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 3:00:54 AM
At 11/29/2015 2:55:02 AM, fire_wings wrote:

Okie dokie.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 3:01:53 AM
At 11/29/2015 3:00:54 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 11/29/2015 2:55:02 AM, fire_wings wrote:

Okie dokie.

Okay, thanks. I think that most times the presidential updates are fun.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 3:03:19 AM
At 11/29/2015 3:01:53 AM, fire_wings wrote:
Okay, thanks. I think that most times the presidential updates are fun.

That's good :) I appreciate that.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics