Jump to topic:

Hall of Shame

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:17:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hello, people who name their pets Schadenfreude, not realizing it says more about you than it does about them. :)

I was thinking that it would be a great idea to make a traditional Hall of Shame thread, but with a few twists. If enough of us support it, perhaps it can be accepted by the moderator. Basically, we have certain shameful categories, and we place certain members there. Example: "Most dramatic"; "Most overrated"; etc.

Yes/No?

I say yes. :)
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:20:05 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:17:18 AM, Mirza wrote:
Hello, people who name their pets Schadenfreude, not realizing it says more about you than it does about them. :)

I was thinking that it would be a great idea to make a traditional Hall of Shame thread, but with a few twists. If enough of us support it, perhaps it can be accepted by the moderator. Basically, we have certain shameful categories, and we place certain members there. Example: "Most dramatic"; "Most overrated"; etc.

Yes/No?

I say yes. :)

You have my blind, unwavering support.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:20:23 AM
--Yes.

Let's do it ;)
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:22:57 AM
OOO OOO I wanna be in it
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:23:31 AM
--Another category example: 'Most arrogant'.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:24:06 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:20:48 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/24/2015 2:20:23 AM, Emilrose wrote:
--Yes.

Let's do it ;)
You are amazing. As am I. :)

True, you are the most amazing of course though.

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:24:45 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:24:06 AM, Emilrose wrote:
I know, but let's not state the obvious.

Just kidding, we should say it over and over again. :)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:25:51 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:23:31 AM, Emilrose wrote:

That would be everyone wouldn't Bwahahahaha
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:26:34 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:25:51 AM, sadolite wrote:

Wouldn't "IT"?

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:28:39 AM

The key word is 'most'.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:29:23 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:28:39 AM, Emilrose wrote:

The key word is 'most'.

That sounds arrogant

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:30:40 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:24:45 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/24/2015 2:24:06 AM, Emilrose wrote:
I know, but let's not state the obvious.

Just kidding, we should say it over and over again. :)

So we should, *thinks of writing it...somewhere* ;)

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:34:17 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:29:23 AM, sadolite wrote:

The key word is 'most'.

That sounds arrogant

Oh, I'm merely spelling something out :)

To be a candidate for this specific category, you would have to show consistent displays of arrogance and *maybe* have more than one member recognize you for it.

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:35:09 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:30:40 AM, Emilrose wrote:
On a paper sign that says "Mirza's Secretary" which hangs right on your shirt. :)
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:36:29 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:35:09 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/24/2015 2:30:40 AM, Emilrose wrote:
On a paper sign that says "Mirza's Secretary" which hangs right on your shirt. :)

Then we have a deal, Sir ;)

Naturally I could always write it on 'elsewhere' places as well.

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:37:32 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:36:29 AM, Emilrose wrote:

You could, but let's not make it overly complicated. We wanna practice keeping things tidy; will serve us perfectly well for the Hall of Shame writing. :)
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:38:02 AM
This idea would be analogous in terms of how bad it is to unbanning STALIN and giving him the final say on what activity of the site is spam.

No.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:38:35 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:38:02 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
This idea would be analogous in terms of how bad it is to unbanning STALIN and giving him the final say on what activity of the site is spam.

No.
We've had it before, and it was really fun.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:42:08 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:38:35 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/24/2015 2:38:02 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

No.
We've had it before, and it was really fun.
Making an organized attempt at assigning members to negative labels is a terrible idea. It might be fun for you, but I doubt it's fun for certain people - as well as Max when you decide that (insert person you hate) is the most unlikable member or some stupid sh!t like that, when he has to deal with the mere premise of the situation, let alone anything that follows.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:42:10 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:34:17 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/24/2015 2:29:23 AM, sadolite wrote:

The key word is 'most'.

That sounds arrogant

Oh, I'm merely spelling something out :)

To be a candidate for this specific category, you would have to show consistent displays of arrogance and *maybe* have more than one member recognize you for it.

Ok I'll count Mizra as one and maybe Imabench will give me a vote.

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:43:23 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:42:08 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Making an organized attempt at assigning members to negative labels is a terrible idea. It might be fun for you, but I doubt it's fun for certain people - as well as Max when you decide that (insert person you hate) is the most unlikable member or some stupid sh!t like that, when he has to deal with the mere premise of the situation, let alone anything that follows.
Does it really matter? We should all be able to take a beating. Max already let's a few people spill hate and all without repercussions. At least we can help expose all the bad things and make it stigmatized around here. :)
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:44:14 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:42:10 AM, sadolite wrote:
Ok I'll count Mizra as one and maybe Imabench will give me a vote.
I wouldn't vote for you. You are one of the most stubborn, though.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:45:14 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:43:23 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/24/2015 2:42:08 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Does it really matter? We should all be able to take a beating. Max already let's a few people spill hate and all without repercussions. At least we can help expose all the bad things and make it stigmatized around here. :)
No. That's an incredibly, incredibly stupid thing to say. If someone doesn't want to "take a beating" (and why would they?), you ought not subject them to beatings for your delight and their stigmatization. That's a very poor way to handle things.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:46:25 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:45:14 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
No. That's an incredibly, incredibly stupid thing to say. If someone doesn't want to "take a beating" (and why would they?), you ought not subject them to beatings for your delight and their stigmatization. That's a very poor way to handle things.
Because it's fun... lol. And we could PM them and ask if they're okay with it. I'm sure most would be - like it was the case back in the day. :)
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 2:46:26 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:37:32 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/24/2015 2:36:29 AM, Emilrose wrote:

You could, but let's not make it overly complicated. We wanna practice keeping things tidy; will serve us perfectly well for the Hall of Shame writing. :)

True--whatever Sir Mirza asks for ;)