Jump to topic:

It's Been Fun, Guys

PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 4:03:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So, I haven't had Internet for a while, and I've been coming to McDonald's when I absolutely need to go on (e.g. look up college information, SATs, etc.).

Anyway, what I've realized is how much time I've spent on here and how meaningless it all is... no doubt that sounds harsh, and it is, and I don't mean it exactly that way.

Whatever, the point is that I think I'm going to change my password to something which I won't remember. I just wanna say that it's been fun knowing you guys, and if you really need to contact me: ianjolie at the google version of mail.

Um, so, bye.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 4:08:23 PM
PoeJoe :,( I'll miss you. I already do.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 4:09:52 PM
It was fun ragging on trolls with ya. Have fun in your RL. Pwn other n00bs, aight?

Bye! :(
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 4:15:07 PM
If this were meaningless then you wouldn't have created a thread about your departure from it lol. Anyway I've come to the same conclusion many times, have taken several breaks for weeks from the internet in general (out of sheer lack of interest or necessity) etc. yet that doesn't mean it's a big goodbye. Hopefully you just make some time management adjustments and come back when you get bored or on a rainy day or something. See ya round, PJ!
President of DDO
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 4:18:38 PM
You were one of the first members I knew on this site. You will always hold a special place in my heart. Goodbye Poejoe.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 6:56:35 PM
At 10/2/2010 4:18:38 PM, MTGandP wrote:
You were one of the first members I knew on this site. You will always hold a special place in my heart. Goodbye Poejoe.

This. Don't stay if you don't want to, but deactivate your account, don't just forget the password. (well I guess if you change your mind there are recovery things you can do, but still)

You are one of few people on this site that are nice, easy to get along with, and makes me lol.
I'm gunna miss you thats for sure :(
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 7:53:34 PM
Anyway, what I've realized is how much time I've spent on here and how meaningless it all is.:

If it were meaningless you wouldn't have bothered to announce your departure. But I get it. You feel you could be doing more important things than devoting so much time to a hobby. Take what you can from DDO and apply it accordingly.

Um, so, bye.:

Bye.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 9:32:48 PM
At 10/2/2010 4:03:05 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
Anyway, what I've realized is how much time I've spent on here and how meaningless it all is

Life is meaningless. Get over it.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 9:44:27 PM
At 10/2/2010 9:32:48 PM, Reasoning wrote:
Anyway, what I've realized is how much time I've spent on here and how meaningless it all is

If you're not going to actually justify any of your claims, there's really no point in making them. (inb4 "of course there's no point in making them." ;)
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 10:13:47 PM
At 10/2/2010 9:44:27 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:

If you're not going to actually justify any of your claims, there's really no point in making them. (inb4 "of course there's no point in making them." ;)

I actually agree with Reasoning on that point, inasmuch as life isn't intrinsically meaningful. We have to ascribe our own purpose to it, though it's not one which is objectively "correct".
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 10:16:41 PM
At 10/2/2010 10:13:47 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I actually agree with Reasoning on that point, inasmuch as life isn't intrinsically meaningful. We have to ascribe our own purpose to it, though it's not one which is objectively "correct".

I'm not sure what I think about the matter, it just gets annoying when Reasoning makes the same assertions over and over with no justification (or tries to justify them with a quote from a dead economist).
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 10:18:12 PM
At 10/2/2010 10:16:41 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 10/2/2010 10:13:47 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

I'm not sure what I think about the matter, it just gets annoying when Reasoning makes the same assertions over and over with no justification (or tries to justify them with a quote from a dead economist).

Oh, I agree. I don't know if his reasons are nearly so rational.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 10:31:21 PM
Tearfest. Anyways guys really it's poejoe soon he'l "forgot my password" and email it to himself, he'll be back.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2010 4:43:45 AM
Posting this thread is kinda like finding out who will come to your funeral... in a slightly different context....

This reminds me of the end of Terminator 2, when Arnold chooses to lower himself into the vat of molten steel, so as to do what's best for the future. In reality, it's nothing like that, but I'm just reminded of the scene (cue the sad T2 music).

I agree with L. Improve your self-discipline/control and manage your time better; you'll be able to visit often enough (without too many negative repercussions).

Hopefully, you'll find a way to do just that.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2010 4:52:43 AM
At 10/3/2010 12:12:00 AM, Loserboi wrote:
I always thought me and u look alike, I never got to know you but i will always feel a connection because we are asian

this.
signature
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2010 7:03:11 AM
Dayum. You were the most eccentric user on this site, for sure, and I will miss out little conversations. And all the Phil jokes. And again, another Old member bites the dust. Sadly.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2010 9:07:40 AM
I hope you find the time to come back in the future. You can always manage your time so you aren't wasting too much time here. I disagree with you that there is little to nothing to gain here. We have a community here that you won't find elsewhere.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2010 8:11:02 PM

The meaning of life is to figure out the meaning of life.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2010 8:12:23 PM
At 10/3/2010 8:11:02 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

The meaning of life is to figure out the meaning of life.

That wouldn't give life meaning. It'd just give you a headache. Lol :P
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.