Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Announcing a Late Bid for DDO President

Hanspete
Posts: 199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 3:57:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So this is late, but I figured based on the advice of my trusted advisers that it would be well worth an attempt. So I hereby announce my candidacy for President of DDO.

What I intend to do:

1.) Begin by absorbing smaller debating websites, such as edebe8.
2.) A very low tolerance policy for heresy, punishments will be harshly enforced, official definitions for punishments will be published shortly.
3.) A second low tolerance policy for witchcraft, I think we all know what the punishment for witchcraft is, so we will not go into that.
4.) "Heretic smashing revolutionary socialists who want to turn the history forum into an expansionist state."

My VP:
UtherPenguin

I thank you in advance for your vote.
Please nominate Lee001 for the title prettiest girl on DDO: http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

Official Revolutionary Emperor

Bane of the DDO Elite, except OberHerr
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 4:24:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/30/2015 3:57:28 AM, Hanspete wrote:
So this is late, but I figured based on the advice of my trusted advisers that it would be well worth an attempt. So I hereby announce my candidacy for President of DDO.

What I intend to do:

1.) Begin by absorbing smaller debating websites, such as edebe8.
2.) A very low tolerance policy for heresy, punishments will be harshly enforced, official definitions for punishments will be published shortly.
3.) A second low tolerance policy for witchcraft, I think we all know what the punishment for witchcraft is, so we will not go into that.
4.) "Heretic smashing revolutionary socialists who want to turn the history forum into an expansionist state."

My VP:
UtherPenguin

I thank you in advance for your vote.

I'm surprised you didn't ask me to be your running mate considering how close we are :(
Hanspete
Posts: 199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 4:25:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/30/2015 4:24:08 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 11/30/2015 3:57:28 AM, Hanspete wrote:
So this is late, but I figured based on the advice of my trusted advisers that it would be well worth an attempt. So I hereby announce my candidacy for President of DDO.

What I intend to do:

1.) Begin by absorbing smaller debating websites, such as edebe8.
2.) A very low tolerance policy for heresy, punishments will be harshly enforced, official definitions for punishments will be published shortly.
3.) A second low tolerance policy for witchcraft, I think we all know what the punishment for witchcraft is, so we will not go into that.
4.) "Heretic smashing revolutionary socialists who want to turn the history forum into an expansionist state."

My VP:
UtherPenguin

I thank you in advance for your vote.

I'm surprised you didn't ask me to be your running mate considering how close we are :(

Well UtherPenguin heretic-bashed his way into my heart! <3 #lovewins
Please nominate Lee001 for the title prettiest girl on DDO: http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

Official Revolutionary Emperor

Bane of the DDO Elite, except OberHerr
Forever23
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 1:46:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm also late, but I would still like to apply.

1. Encourage more tournaments and friendly competition. Many people love to participate in tournaments. They like the pride, the fun time and sometimes even the victory. The best part is, that it encourages friendship among members since it is helpful, friendly competition. Implementing debate tournaments more often would result in more debates, active participation. Maybe every two weeks for beginners and monthly for experienced debaters.

2. Secondly, I would allow staff applications. If a member wants to become a staff member on this site, they would have to fill in the application. I noticed that many members were wrongfully convicting the main moderator Airmax of prejudice and even racism. Both of these are extreme and very untrue but in order to prevent more of these, we should give members more chance.

3. I would enforce a stricter system. That is quite a broad range topic, but lets go over it piece by piece. So first of all, I consider it important to make swearing punishable. Perhaps even make a stronger filter. Many members go through debates and see some things that really should not be there. Others, may get offended through debates. That may cause participants to quit the site. As the candidate for DDO president, I would like to put in a lot of efforts to prevent that,

4. Allow debaters to edit their debates post voting period. Many times, debaters just get their feedback. Many people from this site want to be able to make edits to their debates during post voting period. Let me clarify. Perhaps a member gave RFD on a topic. And then, one the debaters wants to fix his mistakes and add minor corrections. He will add corrections and the voter will say whether the corrections made the speech better. The voter will not be able to change his vote, but the debaters may get out more knowledge from the debate. That would be an overall benefit to the debaters and the site.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 1:53:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/2/2015 1:46:44 AM, Forever23 wrote:
I'm also late, but I would still like to apply.



2. I noticed that many members were wrongfully convicting the main moderator Airmax of prejudice and even racism.

If you are referring to all that "they must be Jewish and such" stuff, they were joking. The only real prerequisites are that the people I choose must be someone I know at least decently and be someone I can trust with responsibility. I'd really like to appoint more people, even you perhaps, but I have to have some kind of working relationship with that person first. It's also an issue of what exactly the responsibilities they should have are. I do need some people for specifics roles that I need specific people for, but aside from that, unless you are suggesting some specific staff positions there aren't exactly a lot of things for me to assign people to.
Debate.org Moderator
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:08:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Nobody is going to elect a third part president. You're just pulling votes away from me now. Drop out and endorse me.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:11:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/2/2015 1:53:55 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 12/2/2015 1:46:44 AM, Forever23 wrote:
I'm also late, but I would still like to apply.



2. I noticed that many members were wrongfully convicting the main moderator Airmax of prejudice and even racism.

If you are referring to all that "they must be Jewish and such" stuff, they were joking. The only real prerequisites are that the people I choose must be someone I know at least decently and be someone I can trust with responsibility. I'd really like to appoint more people, even you perhaps, but I have to have some kind of working relationship with that person first. It's also an issue of what exactly the responsibilities they should have are. I do need some people for specifics roles that I need specific people for, but aside from that, unless you are suggesting some specific staff positions there aren't exactly a lot of things for me to assign people to.

I'm applying to be your b1tch.

You can never have too many of those.
Hanspete
Posts: 199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:28:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/2/2015 2:08:19 AM, Wylted wrote:
Nobody is going to elect a third part president. You're just pulling votes away from me now. Drop out and endorse me.

Oh c'mon Wylted, we need a Virgil Goode and Gary Johnson for DDO
Please nominate Lee001 for the title prettiest girl on DDO: http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

Official Revolutionary Emperor

Bane of the DDO Elite, except OberHerr