Jump to topic:

A Sincere Questionnaire

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 8:51:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hello, people who are superior to me in literally no alternative universe. :)

It has come to my attention that perhaps it is not the best idea to be as harsh as I have been against Americans, so I will now ask you a few questions to get an overview of what you think. Please answer honestly so that I can make the best decision.

1: Does my continual bashing of America work as a net detriment on the site?

2: If so, is there a method you think I should choose with which I can be more benign in my campaign? Any recommendations as to how that can be conducted?

3: Should I continue with my campaign, would it be best for the site that I instead chose to leave? If so, please say directly if you want me to do so. I'd want a clear picture of how many really do.

Thank you,

Mirza
EverlastingMoment
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 9:21:13 AM
1: Not really..

2: Maybe by not trying to bash America all the time?

3: Er, go ahead. Not like it's going to kill anyone if you continue. Meow.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 1:03:07 PM
At 11/30/2015 9:21:13 AM, EverlastingMoment wrote:
1: Not really..

2: Maybe by not trying to bash America all the time?

3: Er, go ahead. Not like it's going to kill anyone if you continue. Meow.
Interesting, very interesting.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 1:20:57 PM
1. Yes

2. More substance and less insults, the way you used to do it. None of this "racial" business when that has nothing to do with it, since you've said you don't believe one race to be inherently superior.

3. Depends on whether you reform your approach or not.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 1:43:03 PM
At 11/30/2015 8:51:07 AM, Mirza wrote:

It has come to my attention that perhaps it is not the best idea to be as harsh as I have been against Americans, so I will now ask you a few questions to get an overview of what you think. Please answer honestly so that I can make the best decision.

Not really. There's a ton of Noam Chomsky's and Howard Zim's out there on this site. You're just one of the most vocal.

2: If so, is there a method you think I should choose with which I can be more benign in my campaign? Any recommendations as to how that can be conducted?
Tact

3: Should I continue with my campaign, would it be best for the site that I instead chose to leave? If so, please say directly if you want me to do so. I'd want a clear picture of how many really do.
No, I'd like you to stay.

Thank you,

Mirza
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 2:32:21 PM

I personally don't think so.

I would just like to see you explain yourself a little more. I had to dig around for a while to see what you meant specifically when you'd say, "pseudo-white". I had a general idea of what you meant, but I wanted the specifics. I wasn't exactly sure of what you meant until your recent conversation with MSPD in your "American's, Tell Me..." thread.

I would hope you don't leave.

Thank you,

Mirza
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 3:13:21 PM

Not necessarily bashing America, but people in general. Even if not intended to be serious or actually rude, it can be perceived otherwise. But yeah, I'd maybe cut back bashing America(ns) a little. :)

Be more tactful, as lannan said, in your interactions. Try to think about the individual's perception of your comments.

Psh. Don't leave. :)

Thank you,

Mirza
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 4:33:01 PM

No, but you need to save it up. Find a real solid reason or example, then post.

Well, see above. You should be more selective and thereby more effective.

Nah. We need more good trollish content.

Thank you,

Mirza
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 4:35:21 PM

No.

No.

Get some therapy.

Thank you,

Your welcome.

Mirza
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 4:52:03 PM
Interesting answers indeed. :)

Rosalie, I never thought I'd come across something more useless than you. But it doesn't put you in a good position because it's your product. :)
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 5:08:39 PM
At 11/30/2015 4:52:03 PM, Mirza wrote:
Interesting answers indeed. :)

Rosalie, I never thought I'd come across something more useless than you. But it doesn't put you in a good position because it's your product. :)

Lol, you want to get started on who is useless. Hun, I could go on hours about you. But, because I'm a nice girl, I won't.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 5:21:15 PM
At 11/30/2015 5:08:39 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Lol, you want to get started on who is useless. Hun, I could go on hours about you. But, because I'm a nice girl, I won't.
Calm down. You should change your burger supplier :D clearly they're putting some bad stuff in there. :)
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 5:24:31 PM
At 11/30/2015 5:21:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
Calm down. You should change your burger supplier :D clearly they're putting some bad stuff in there. :)

Lol...and this is coming from the poster child of abortions.

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 5:36:06 PM
Maybe you should ask for less spicy ketchup. :)
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 7:37:00 PM
At 11/30/2015 5:36:06 PM, Mirza wrote:
Maybe you should ask for less spicy ketchup. :)

Maybe you should get a life.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 7:43:59 PM
1. Absolutely yes.

2. You can stop altogether, or limit your self to 1 thread on the topic per month, with no posts about the subject in other threads.

3. You don't have to leave, but you should desist with the Anti-American nonsense.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
KingofEverything
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 7:51:32 PM

I wouldn't suggest unfriending me Mr. Mirza. You need all of the friends you can get.
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 8:20:48 PM

Yes. The politics forum is a mess and your threads aren't helping it

If you turned down the 'anti-americanism' dial to about a 6, then you might be able to start bringing people to your side since theyd be more willing to hear you out, rather then keep being put off by how much you tend to ramble...

Bornofgod only ever talked about being the voice of god, which is why everyone rightfully thought he was retarded, but if he talked about other things/topics as well and only OCCASIONALLY tried to convince people he was the voice of god, people would at least be more willing to hear him out before being so quick to dismiss his lunacy...

3: Should I continue with my campaign, would it be best for the site that I instead chose to leave?

Only if Option 2 doesnt work
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 10:17:11 PM
America needs to be taken down a few pegs and you're the man for the job! Far from leaving, I think you should run for president
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2015 10:25:47 PM

Thank you,

Mirza

"Sincere" Bwahahahahahahaha
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 4:18:55 AM

Of course not, Sir.
Of course not, Sir.
Of course not, Sir.
Thank you,

Mirza

I'm sure you'll make the right decision, Sir.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 4:57:00 AM

Nah. In my view, all interesting & unique perspectives are welcome.

Maybe less extreme language... I thought you were a jihadist at one point.

Continue. Your presence would be missed if you left.

Thank you,

Mirza
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 3:52:36 AM

After a while I think we all stopped taking you seriously. So no, it's just that thing that's always there now, and we notice when it's absent.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 11:45:34 AM
At 12/4/2015 3:52:36 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
After a while I think we all stopped taking you seriously. So no, it's just that thing that's always there now, and we notice when it's absent.
You don't need to be so direct with me. :(
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 8:20:32 PM
So, I gave this some thought, and I concluded the following:

It's a good thing to tone it down, but with people like sadolite, bsh1, and Rosalie being totally opposed to this, I simply have to continue. It would be a shame for all good people to not see a continuation of activity that angers evil folks.

Thanks to all participants. :)
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 1:44:09 AM

It's immature, stupid and slightly nuts, but it has no effect positive or negative.

I'd reccomend getting a life, maybe branching out and having opinions on a variety of subjects, not just on the fact that America sucks. I think Anerica sucks also, but I restrict myself to one thread a week pointing that out.

No you should not continue with your campaign. I have no opinion on your choice to continue your presence or not.

Thank you,

Mirza
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 1:49:39 AM

No

Actually give facts and provide good arguments without attacking people. Just facts, no "America is the Devil" bs.

Yeah, but cut down on the Anti-American rhetoric a bit.

Thank you,

Mirza
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 2:04:35 AM

i think other people have generally weighed in on this, but I'd like to add this, even though it's reflective of what some have already mentioned. Your continual bashing of America acts as a net detriment to the site but only because you pick really weak, often superficial examples. You have never, for example, come up with a really good example of the United States doing something incredibly egregious (like what Reagan did in South America, or what Nixon did during the Vietnam war).

Make no mistake, there are plenty of examples of horrible things the US has done/is continuing to do/will do in the future. This Trans-Pacific Partnership is probably the best example in recent history of that, and the US was pretty much the driving force behind it. But you haven't talked about that at all. You just go for what you think is "low hanging fruit."

It gets old, looks bad, and doesn't actually achieve what you want to achieve. If you want to really meaningfully criticize the US, talk about US trade policy with respect to the South Pacific and South America (specifically Brazil). Talk about how the US has more or less created the kinds of conditions where ISIS came into existence by it's omissions. Those are legitimate areas of criticism... and you could actually have something worthwhile to say there.

Yeah. Do better. Start with the Trans-Pacific Partnership ("TPP"). I can tell you that it's horrible. Like, egregiously horrible. I know I use the word "egregious" a lot, but I mean it literally. Egregious means "outstandingly or shockingly bad." That's what the TPP is, for like dozens and dozens of reasons you could practically write a treatise about.

You could talk about US military failures in the Middle East due to Washington's incompetence. Iraq is pretty much the first thing that comes to mind, and you could also write a treatise (and probably an interesting one) about that. That's an example of broader strategic failures, as is evidenced by the fact that ISIS exists. On a more personal level, maybe you talk about how, for example, US policy required American marines to ignore the fact that Afghani tribal warlords who were not members of the Taliban were forcibly raping young boys as a matter of cultural practice... and the US just "let that happen." It's practically a war-crime by omission.

Can you clean up your act?
Tsar of DDO
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 12:54:50 PM
At 12/8/2015 2:04:35 AM, YYW wrote:
i think other people have generally weighed in on this, but I'd like to add this, even though it's reflective of what some have already mentioned. Your continual bashing of America acts as a net detriment to the site but only because you pick really weak, often superficial examples.
I don't know where you have that from - at all. I haven't mentioned the TPP because I don't care about it; American affairs South America is the only thing I've omitted in my criticism that seems worthy of mentioning. Japan, Iran, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yugoslavia, general involvement in the Middle East, the way American foreign policy operates, are all topics I've mentioned as part of the reason why America ought to be criticized. So, I have no idea where you got it from that I used poor examples; and it seems you either forgot or missed it, since especially the Middle East and America's responsibility in the rise of ISIS is something I've been extremely focused on.