Bsh1 Reviews: "DDO: The Movie"

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 12:29:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Aloha, DDO, and avid movie-goers!

Below is my review of one of this seasons sure-hits, along with my ranking out of 4 stars, and some analysis for your reading pleasure!

======================

Every good movie has a claim to fame, or--if your film is personally directed by George Lucas, a claim to infamy. For Avatar, it was special effects; for The Artist, it was old-fashioned classiness; for Life of Pi, it was weirdness and and avant-garde style; for Up it was nostalgic cuteness; for Anchorman, it was humor; and for Magic Mike, it was Channing Tatum's abs (and...uh...more).

"DDO: The Movie" is perhaps one of this years best contenders for the DDOscars, if that were actually a thing, and has claims to fame that would make Michael Jackson turn in his grave. It has incredible special effects that are astounding and breathtaking, esp. when the film was made on such a low budget. It's almost as if it photoshopped in effects from other movies to save money, but you hardly have time to think about that with the intense pace and heat of the action. Truly a masterwork of cinematography.

But, beyond the incredibly acting, graphics, and special effects, DDO: The Movie retains an old-fashioned charm that hearkens back to the Revolutionary War, and, indeed, back even to Richard the Lionhearted. I was touched by the mesmeric nostalgia evoked by these scenes; never have I felt such a burning desire to return to the past to visit Crusade-torn Israel or to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with smelly, probably STD-ridden Revolutionaries fighting for our great nation's freedom and superiority over Europe, just to spite Mirza (for the record: we won).

And certainly, the blend of Old World flare with modern-day graphics creates for a spectacularly visionary product that sees past the austere realities of modern art, into a realm where the beauty, elegance, opulence, pomposity, disease, gore, and chaos of the old meet the technology, hastily written plots, action-for-action's sake, and capitalism of the new, and transcends mere expression like nothing has ever done before. Sheer genius!

Thus, DDO: The Movie has already ticked off the boxes for three of the best ways to make a great movie: special effects, old-fashioned classiness, and an avant-garde artistic vision. For most production crews, this would be a grand feat unto itself, but Imabench and Airmax dared to push for more, and the outcomes couldn't be more stupendous as a result!

The storyline presented the audience with a touching and emotive tail of patriotism, loyalty, greed, and unremitting bloodshed. It was enough to bring a tear to any sensitive eye. Dare I say, even Up couldn't compete with DDO: The Movie in terms of its ability to bring a warm glow to the viewers' hearts and minds. But, to temper this soft touch, the producers bring humor that packs a punch. Hect will love this movie, as will anyone who appreciates the refined and delicate humor of anus jokes.

And, finally, the casting for this show brought the heat, for sure. Whiteflame's chiseled features and dirt-stained battle garb stand out in stark and wondrous manliness, and should capture the heart of any gay guy in the room--maybe some women as well. Other casting choices were smart, too, and the huge population of Asians this show employed demonstrates that it is inclusive of all people, and not racist in any way.

So, what then is my final rating for this movie? Given all that you've heard, it should be 5 out of 5, no? But, clearly, with every movie, there has to be a negative (I am a bish after all). And I did see one massive and overarching flaw that appeared to sail right under the noses of both Airmax and Imabench: bsh1 dies. This was a character with such joie de vivre, such presence, such potential! It was a massive shame to see him go to waste like that, and it really damages the artistic credibility of the film, IMHO.

That said, I must begrudgingly admit that this movie is perhaps one of the most brilliant, fascinating, well-shot, creative, and gratuitously violent films to have ever been made, and these positives earn it a solid 4/5 stars. It is certainly worthy of great accolades and accomplishments, and I recommend all readers of this review see it as soon as it is released! Congrats!

- Bsh1
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 12:31:21 AM
At 12/1/2015 12:29:33 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Below is my review of one of this seasons sure-hits, along with my ranking out of 4 stars, and some analysis for your reading pleasure!

======================

Every good movie has a claim to fame, or--if your film is personally directed by George Lucas, a claim to infamy. For Avatar, it was special effects; for The Artist, it was old-fashioned classiness; for Life of Pi, it was weirdness and and avant-garde style; for Up it was nostalgic cuteness; for Anchorman, it was humor; and for Magic Mike, it was Channing Tatum's abs (and...uh...more).

"DDO: The Movie" is perhaps one of this years best contenders for the DDOscars, if that were actually a thing, and has claims to fame that would make Michael Jackson turn in his grave. It has incredible special effects that are astounding and breathtaking, esp. when the film was made on such a low budget. It's almost as if it photoshopped in effects from other movies to save money, but you hardly have time to think about that with the intense pace and heat of the action. Truly a masterwork of cinematography.

But, beyond the incredibly acting, graphics, and special effects, DDO: The Movie retains an old-fashioned charm that hearkens back to the Revolutionary War, and, indeed, back even to Richard the Lionhearted. I was touched by the mesmeric nostalgia evoked by these scenes; never have I felt such a burning desire to return to the past to visit Crusade-torn Israel or to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with smelly, probably STD-ridden Revolutionaries fighting for our great nation's freedom and superiority over Europe, just to spite Mirza (for the record: we won).

And certainly, the blend of Old World flare with modern-day graphics creates for a spectacularly visionary product that sees past the austere realities of modern art, into a realm where the beauty, elegance, opulence, pomposity, disease, gore, and chaos of the old meet the technology, hastily written plots, action-for-action's sake, and capitalism of the new, and transcends mere expression like nothing has ever done before. Sheer genius!

Thus, DDO: The Movie has already ticked off the boxes for three of the best ways to make a great movie: special effects, old-fashioned classiness, and an avant-garde artistic vision. For most production crews, this would be a grand feat unto itself, but Imabench and Airmax dared to push for more, and the outcomes couldn't be more stupendous as a result!

The storyline presented the audience with a touching and emotive tail of patriotism, loyalty, greed, and unremitting bloodshed. It was enough to bring a tear to any sensitive eye. Dare I say, even Up couldn't compete with DDO: The Movie in terms of its ability to bring a warm glow to the viewers' hearts and minds. But, to temper this soft touch, the producers bring humor that packs a punch. Hect will love this movie, as will anyone who appreciates the refined and delicate humor of anus jokes.

And, finally, the casting for this show brought the heat, for sure. Whiteflame's chiseled features and dirt-stained battle garb stand out in stark and wondrous manliness, and should capture the heart of any gay guy in the room--maybe some women as well. Other casting choices were smart, too, and the huge population of Asians this show employed demonstrates that it is inclusive of all people, and not racist in any way.

So, what then is my final rating for this movie? Given all that you've heard, it should be 5 out of 5, no? But, clearly, with every movie, there has to be a negative (I am a bish after all). And I did see one massive and overarching flaw that appeared to sail right under the noses of both Airmax and Imabench: bsh1 dies. This was a character with such joie de vivre, such presence, such potential! It was a massive shame to see him go to waste like that, and it really damages the artistic credibility of the film, IMHO.

That said, I must begrudgingly admit that this movie is perhaps one of the most brilliant, fascinating, well-shot, creative, and gratuitously violent films to have ever been made, and these positives earn it a solid 4/5 stars. It is certainly worthy of great accolades and accomplishments, and I recommend all readers of this review see it as soon as it is released! Congrats!

- Bsh1

My review: https://www.youtube.com...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 12:48:51 AM
It's still a troll project.

And if it's somehow not, then I'm not in it. Or I die. Either of which still make it a troll project.

So either way, it's a troll project. :-)
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 1:09:51 AM
At 12/1/2015 12:48:51 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

And if it's somehow not, then I'm not in it. Or I die. Either of which still make it a troll project.

Im an offended and I find this troll
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 1:10:40 AM
At 12/1/2015 1:09:51 AM, imabench wrote:

https://www.google.ca...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 1:12:17 AM

Lol. Hopefully you're not offended by the review as well.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 1:12:48 AM

Go drunk and get home.
Wait, that makes too much sense still.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 1:13:21 AM
At 12/1/2015 1:10:40 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

https://www.google.ca...

^ Butthurt hater number 7 everyone XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 1:13:55 AM
At 12/1/2015 1:12:48 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Go drunk and get home.
Wait, that makes too much sense still.

That sounds like a great motivational poster to sell on college campuses XD

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 2:49:25 AM

======================

- Bsh1

the movie's released?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Sciguy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 2:56:22 AM
If this is released then it is a must see. I can only wonder how many trolls would be in the video itself.
Sciguy, that one guy.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 3:30:44 AM
At 12/1/2015 2:49:25 AM, tajshar2k wrote:

the movie's released?

T'was shown to three people in private advanced screenings to get reviews before its release

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 4:06:45 AM

It's totally a troll project.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 4:16:04 AM
At 12/1/2015 4:06:45 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

Would Airmax and Bsh and TBR and Raisor lie?

(I leave my name out of it cause I totally would but still)

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 4:17:36 AM
At 12/1/2015 4:16:04 AM, imabench wrote:

Would Airmax

Yes

and Bsh

Yes

and TBR

Yes

and Raisor lie?

Yes

(I leave my name out of it cause I totally would but still)

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 4:37:33 AM
And, finally, the casting for this show brought the heat, for sure. Whiteflame's chiseled features and dirt-stained battle garb stand out in stark and wondrous manliness, and should capture the heart of any gay guy in the room--maybe some women as well.

Dayum. They must've gotten my face and daily clothing choices pretty accurate, though admittedly, my lab doesn't let anyone in without at least shoulder guards and a good helping of tried blood on their sleeve.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 11:43:23 AM
At 12/1/2015 4:17:36 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

Would...Bsh

Yes
lie?

Yes

*gasps*
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 11:44:23 AM
At 12/1/2015 4:37:33 AM, whiteflame wrote:
And, finally, the casting for this show brought the heat, for sure. Whiteflame's chiseled features and dirt-stained battle garb stand out in stark and wondrous manliness, and should capture the heart of any gay guy in the room--maybe some women as well.

Dayum. They must've gotten my face and daily clothing choices pretty accurate, though admittedly, my lab doesn't let anyone in without at least shoulder guards and a good helping of tried blood on their sleeve.

I figured you'd had practice with the outfit. You wore it so naturally.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 3:57:58 PM
At 12/1/2015 11:43:23 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Would...Bsh

Yes
lie?

Yes

*gasps*

Why so shocked???

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 12:16:30 AM
At 12/1/2015 3:57:58 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Would...Bsh

Yes
lie?

Yes

*gasps*

Why so shocked???

Because deceiving people on DDO and being a dirty liar to everyone is MY job.

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 12:32:48 AM
At 12/3/2015 12:16:30 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/1/2015 3:57:58 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Would...Bsh

Yes
lie?

Yes

*gasps*

Why so shocked???

Because deceiving people on DDO and being a dirty liar to everyone is MY job.

No, your job is to be an egotistical overrated troll.