Jump to topic:

DDO: The Movie - Review.

ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 4:34:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The standard by which cultures are judged is the quality of their entertainment. It is clear that historians gain much more from that which people do while resting than that which they do intentionally, for intentionality is the first prerequisite of facade-building. A man who is not attempting to hide himself does not need to move in order to produce a vision-impairing blur; at ease, the soul is unobscured, left completely open to any wandering eyes. Thus, that which represents these souls in their purest and least-altered forms is, clearly, art, for art acts as a window in the wall of hysteria known as "productive life".

What will be said about DDO, long after the last post as been made? Will there be those who defend it, long after the last round has been forfeited? Or will any discussion of it be prefaced with "It was a different time, you must remember... you cannot blame them for their social perspectives," broken up, of course, by the sound of the sipping of a Starbucks chai latte? I am he who will pass judgement before it is too late, for no one else wishes to face the fact of the matter: DDO: The Movie can be summed up in two words: moral decadence.

This film is nothing more than the perverted dreams of those disillusioned with the concept of virtue. I cannot criticize the plot, not because it is without flaws, but because it never existed in the first place. The pacing was that of a frantic mouse, looking for the next piece of cheese, desperately hoping that the melancholic euphoria stemming from the previous bite of Brie lasts long enough that he does not have to look into the black eyes of life.

And what can be said of the characters?

Nothing. Nothing can be said here, for I cannot will myself to consider the moral transgressions portrayed in this film.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here, lest your heart be tormented with each passing second.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 4:50:41 AM
At 12/1/2015 4:34:11 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
The standard by which cultures are judged is the quality of their entertainment. It is clear that historians gain much more from that which people do while resting than that which they do intentionally, for intentionality is the first prerequisite of facade-building. A man who is not attempting to hide himself does not need to move in order to produce a vision-impairing blur; at ease, the soul is unobscured, left completely open to any wandering eyes. Thus, that which represents these souls in their purest and least-altered forms is, clearly, art, for art acts as a window in the wall of hysteria known as "productive life".

What will be said about DDO, long after the last post as been made? Will there be those who defend it, long after the last round has been forfeited? Or will any discussion of it be prefaced with "It was a different time, you must remember... you cannot blame them for their social perspectives," broken up, of course, by the sound of the sipping of a Starbucks chai latte? I am he who will pass judgement before it is too late, for no one else wishes to face the fact of the matter: DDO: The Movie can be summed up in two words: moral decadence.

This film is nothing more than the perverted dreams of those disillusioned with the concept of virtue. I cannot criticize the plot, not because it is without flaws, but because it never existed in the first place. The pacing was that of a frantic mouse, looking for the next piece of cheese, desperately hoping that the melancholic euphoria stemming from the previous bite of Brie lasts long enough that he does not have to look into the black eyes of life.

Nothing. Nothing can be said here, for I cannot will myself to consider the moral transgressions portrayed in this film.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here, lest your heart be tormented with each passing second.

soooooo, 3 out of 5 stars?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 4:52:01 AM
At 12/1/2015 4:50:41 AM, imabench wrote:

soooooo, 3 out of 5 stars?

Yes, if only for that hot Max-on-Bench scene, if you know what I mean ;)

Oy vey.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 5:09:53 AM

haha great review, thanks.

I think once you actually watch the thing you will realize its moral decadence is even more significant than you describe here...

"The pacing was that of a frantic mouse, looking for the next piece of cheese, desperately hoping that the melancholic euphoria stemming from the previous bite of Brie lasts long enough that he does not have to look into the black eyes of life."

It's funny, Imabench and I were considering putting almost this exact line on DDO: The Movie T-shirts.
Debate.org Moderator