The Year, In Review

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 1:53:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey Everyone,

What's made this year significant for you? What did you accomplish? What are you proud of?

What did you struggle with? Are you happy with what came as a result?

What are your goals for the year to come?

I look forward to your responses :)

-YYW
Tsar of DDO
KingofEverything
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:06:38 AM
At 12/2/2015 1:53:56 AM, YYW wrote:
Hey Everyone,

What's made this year significant for you? What did you accomplish? What are you proud of?
The high gain in intellectual skill and activity. If I were to debate my self exactly one year ago, my present self would win easily. I didn't really make any big accomplishments, just a lot of smaller and more trivial things like going on a diet and winning games. Honestly, I was really lazy this year. I am proud of the fact that I get good grades in school. I got Straight A's both semesters last year (well one teacher screwed me over and gave me a B, but it was for such a stupid reason that I kind of call BS on it and consider it an A).
I struggle with getting along with others sometimes. It is likely because I am extraordinarily introverted and I often fail at impressing people or fitting in. I also tend to lack common sense and am kind of naive sometimes, which holds me back from attempting to impress people, thus making me shy by nature and less social. I am actually not to happy with what I became this year. You see, I am really skinny and I have been wanting to lift weights more often to gain muscle, but I have been far too lazy and I need to change that. I honestly think I need to get better sleep and then I might have the energy to work out.
I need to get better sleep, become more socially adaptable, and stop being so lazy so I can accomplish my bigger goals.

-YYW
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
KingofEverything
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:07:35 AM
At 12/2/2015 2:06:38 AM, KingofEverything wrote:
Hey Everyone,

The high gain in intellectual skill and activity. If I were to debate my self exactly one year ago, my present self would win easily. I didn't really make any big accomplishments, just a lot of smaller and more trivial things like going on a diet and winning games. Honestly, I was really lazy this year. I am proud of the fact that I get good grades in school. I got Straight A's both semesters last year (well one teacher screwed me over and gave me a B, but it was for such a stupid reason that I kind of call BS on it and consider it an A).

I struggle with getting along with others sometimes. It is likely because I am extraordinarily introverted and I often fail at impressing people or fitting in. I also tend to lack common sense and am kind of naive sometimes, which holds me back from attempting to impress people, thus making me shy by nature and less social. I am actually not to happy with what I became this year. You see, I am really skinny and I have been wanting to lift weights more often to gain muscle, but I have been far too lazy and I need to change that. I honestly think I need to get better sleep and then I might have the energy to work out.

I need to get better sleep, become more socially adaptable, and stop being so lazy so I can accomplish my bigger goals.

-YYW

There. Now the gray is gone for my posts.

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
KingofEverything
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:08:00 AM
Or not....

Ah whatever.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:09:19 AM
At 12/2/2015 2:07:35 AM, KingofEverything wrote:
At 12/2/2015 2:06:38 AM, KingofEverything wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Right on :)
Tsar of DDO
KingofEverything
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:11:41 AM
Do you know how I could become less lazy and more motivated?

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:23:11 AM
I had a child, got a new job and have a semester of schooling under my belt. I also figured out that I have control issues. I mean I really hate being out of control. In my real life I surround myself with mentally weak people, and Beta males and females, so I never have to lose any control. I don't like being blatantly in control, I just like being a strong puller. The feeling of control I desire has me swimming in small ponds and scared to take any risks whatsoever. I hate unpredictability. I also cry at things like the Paris attacks, both the victims and the perpetrators for living in a society that created them. I also feel completely responsible for that and everything else that goes wrong in the world. Like I said; control issues. I want control over everything, so I imagine I have control over everything and feel guilty for every single one of societies ills. It's hard for me to sleep at night, knowing there is injustice in the world, and that it's my fault.

Now that I realize I have such horrible control issues, I'm not sure what I should do about it. I'm sure there is some sort of solution to that mental disorder, that is escaping me at the moment.

So I accomplished some stuff and learned more about myself in summary.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:23:38 AM
At 12/2/2015 2:11:41 AM, KingofEverything wrote:

Adderal
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:29:18 AM
Hey Everyone,

-YYW

This was a great year. . .until the rain came.

"What's with all these oceans?! 7/10 too much water" -IGN
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:34:22 AM
This year I've taken my first big step into the adult world (college). I'm about to finish my first semester.
The very end of last year (pretty sure it was after Christmas) a (metaphorical) bombshell was dropped on my head by my parents which revealed to me a huge deal about what kind of person I am and why my life growing up turned out the way it did. I've spent much of this past year coming to grips with this reality and thinking about how it will shape my future.
I've also figured out what I want to do with my life.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:35:33 AM
At 12/2/2015 2:34:22 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
This year I've taken my first big step into the adult world (college). I'm about to finish my first semester.
The very end of last year (pretty sure it was after Christmas) a (metaphorical) bombshell was dropped on my head by my parents which revealed to me a huge deal about what kind of person I am and why my life growing up turned out the way it did. I've spent much of this past year coming to grips with this reality and thinking about how it will shape my future.

You were adopted?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:35:58 AM

perhaps, and maybe we can talk about that at another time...
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:36:06 AM
At 12/2/2015 2:35:33 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/2/2015 2:34:22 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

You were adopted?

Not as far as I know.

The DDO Blog:

SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:50:08 AM
Hey Everyone,

I am working on my ability to spit some bars if you know what I mean.

Social anxiety

To stay alive
Maintain a good GPA
Possibly research the Me-163 B in Warthunder, although that has been a goal of mine for almost 2 years due to a moderate amount of procrastination and apathy....

-YYW
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 4:16:33 AM
At 12/2/2015 2:29:18 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Hey Everyone,

-YYW

This. It's literally flooded here atm.

lol yes
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Stefanwaal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 9:56:37 AM

I've heard from the Von Manstein Matrix and that one looks at laziness and intelligence. From your post it seems like you're lazy and intelligent, so this is what the Von Manstein Matrix tells about you:

And finally there are the lazy, intelligent ones. These select few are suited for the highest office. Laziness stimulates creativity because lazy people are always looking for easier, simpler, and less laborious ways to do things, so they try and innovate. And if a lazy person is also intelligent he or she will certainly be a fantastic and ingenious innovator. Lazy people are also natural delegators so they find it very attractive to let their subordinates get on with their work without interference from above. Lazy, intelligent employees make natural leaders as they focus on the essentials and ignore anything that might make for unnecessary work, whether for themselves or other people. It is the lazy intelligent top managers who indeed make great strategists and leaders. http://karvediat.blogspot.nl...

So the laziness might help turning you into a great leader. Or not. It's probably interesting to read though.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 1:24:52 PM
Hey Everyone,

This year has marked some very important changes. I moved from Japan after six years back to USA. I've moved up in my duty position, again. It's nice to see constant progress in your area of work. I would have to say the I'm most proud of my current duty promotion which resulted from a good first impression as I transitioned into my new work center back in the States.

I'm currently struggling with physical fitness and it's a top priority for me this month as well as going into the New Year's. It's always a cycle for me with fitness. I'll work out for a good 3-4 months consistently, then slack for the next 5-6 months. My 5-6 months break this year though has been more taxing on myself then any before and I'm arguably in the worst shape I've been in my life. I'm finding the motivation to work out again though and the drive is greater, so I'm sure I'll pull out from this slump.

I want to work on massive gains in the gym this year and finish up my associate's(I'm three courses away). I'm a big procrastinator but I'm making progress and breaking the bad habits.

-YYW
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 1:26:37 PM
Hey Everyone,

-YYW

Yeah, I live in South Carolina. We got hammered hard by some rain.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 4:50:49 PM
Hey Everyone,

-YYW

To be fair, Hoenn does have an annoyingly large amount of water.

The DDO Blog:

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 5:34:38 PM
I saw Taylor Swift sing Let it Go with Idina Menzel (the voice of Elsa) live in concert, so this year has been pretty f*ckin rad :D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 7:54:08 PM
Hey Everyone,

Crazy year for me. Started drinking a lot, broke up with my fiance, moved to Florida, moved back to utah, dated a lot, changed my entire belief system, and came out of my shell a little.

More or less. Change is scary but I think beneficial.

Fitness, and continuing my Muy Thai career.

-YYW
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 9:26:06 PM
At 12/2/2015 2:50:08 AM, SamStevens wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Sam, in hangouts, we spit some straight up bars.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 9:59:38 PM
At 12/2/2015 9:26:06 PM, TheProphett wrote:
At 12/2/2015 2:50:08 AM, SamStevens wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Sam, in hangouts, we spit some straight up bars.

And we are dropping some rhymes at the same time while dancing on a dime, word.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 10:47:19 PM

The realization that I ultimately want to live in Spain. And the plans I've developed in response to that realization -- I'm definitively moving to Spain this coming year, got an apartment in Madrid, and I'll soon have enough money saved to sustain me for a year, etc. --

Nothing new... I've struggled with the same things the past few years: finding love. I can't say I'm happy with the result; the struggle continues. Overall, this wasn't a great year for me. Moving to Denver was a huge mistake, even though I love the mountains, the culture and people here don't suit me.

I'm trying to cut back on how much I drink. And I'd like to start composing music.

What about you, man? How was your year?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 11:01:12 PM
I've had a good streak recently but this is easily the best year of my life. I married the woman of my dreams; I'm making huge strides professionally and financially; my friends and family are in good health and spirits; I have the time and means to pursue my goals and hobbies, and even post a little on DDO.

Everything's coming up Milho...Maikuru.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 11:44:08 PM
At 12/2/2015 11:01:12 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I've had a good streak recently but this is easily the best year of my life. I married the woman of my dreams;

Congrats again on making the first DDO-DDO marriage happen btw! If your kids dont go on to take over the world then it would be quite the letdown

I'm making huge strides professionally and financially; my friends and family are in good health and spirits; I have the time and means to pursue my goals and hobbies, and even post a little on DDO.

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 11:58:05 PM
At 12/2/2015 11:44:08 PM, imabench wrote:
I've had a good streak recently but this is easily the best year of my life. I married the woman of my dreams;

Congrats again on making the first DDO-DDO marriage happen btw! If your kids dont go on to take over the world then it would be quite the letdown

I'm making huge strides professionally and financially; my friends and family are in good health and spirits; I have the time and means to pursue my goals and hobbies, and even post a little on DDO.

Was it Tulle you married? Im having a memory lapse Im not sure if it was her or someone else

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 12:37:27 AM
At 12/2/2015 11:58:05 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/2/2015 11:44:08 PM, imabench wrote:

Was it Tulle you married? Im having a memory lapse Im not sure if it was her or someone else

Thanks for the love! It took a few months to sift through all the applications but yes, it ended up being Tulle.

Real talk: I nagged her till she caved.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...