Jump to topic:

A general inquiry: 'The Forfeit-Glitch'

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 11:21:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have read hyperbole and hearsay, as to the supposed deleterious nature of 'The Forfeit-Glitch. As a result, due to my confusion, may I request simultaneous elaboration and clarification as to the matter? Of particular interest:

- Are all forfeited debates marred with this blight?

- Does the glitch recede?

I believe, based upon experience of grievances (not merely mine, mind you), that this impediment warrants focused discussion. Of course, I possess self-interest in desiring to further burgeon my blossomed debate-record, too. Regardless, please, if you are sure of your convictions, clarify this issue.

Thank you =)
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 8:34:40 PM
I think it's strange that nothing has been done about it yet. I guess one thing is that it could prevent forfeits and curtail noob sniping, but that's not necessarily a good thing -.-
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 9:03:20 PM
At 12/4/2015 11:21:03 AM, Zarroette wrote:
I have read hyperbole and hearsay, as to the supposed deleterious nature of 'The Forfeit-Glitch. As a result, due to my confusion, may I request simultaneous elaboration and clarification as to the matter? Of particular interest:

- Are all forfeited debates marred with this blight? Yup. Every single single time a debate is forfeited no matter which round or how many times, this glitch occurs.

- Does the glitch recede? No.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 8:15:06 AM
At 12/4/2015 9:03:20 PM, famousdebater wrote:

- Are all forfeited debates marred with this blight? Yup. Every single single time a debate is forfeited no matter which round or how many times, this glitch occurs.

- Does the glitch recede? No.

This was precisely my informational desires. Thank you very much, famousdebater.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 8:37:27 AM

It appears so

Some have had to deal with this issue for several weeks
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 8:39:53 AM
At 12/5/2015 8:37:27 AM, imabench wrote:

It appears so

Some have had to deal with this issue for several weeks

Whilst the timing makes this less useful, I suppose corroboration is of value; so, thank you.
EverlastingMoment
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 8:41:31 AM

Yes, pretty much all dead debates have this issue.

From what I've seen, no. Meow.

I believe, based upon experience of grievances (not merely mine, mind you), that this impediment warrants focused discussion. Of course, I possess self-interest in desiring to further burgeon my blossomed debate-record, too. Regardless, please, if you are sure of your convictions, clarify this issue.

Thank you =)
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 6:55:36 PM
"Are you guys stupid? This glitch is the best thing that has happened to the site since Juggle's last update. Noobsnipes were stupid anyhow, and it's actually good for me, since the majority of my losses are due to forfeits. If this glitch had come around earlier, my win record would be way better, and the elo scoreboard might actually somewhat reflect reality... Keep up the complete and utter lack of hard work, Juggle!"

https://www.debate.org...
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 1:31:08 AM

Thank you =)

I feel really sorry for you; the glitch ruins your noobsniping :-)
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 1:33:12 AM
At 12/6/2015 1:31:08 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

Thank you =)

> under 3000 elo

> expects to be taken seriously
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 1:33:58 AM
At 12/6/2015 1:33:12 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Thank you =)

> under 3000 elo

> High elo from noobsnipes
> Brags about it and deems anybody lower than them as irrelevant

k
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 2:21:11 AM
At 12/6/2015 1:33:12 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Thank you =)

> under 3000 elo

By the ways looking at your first 3 pages of debates; I only found 2 "non-noobs." Sure isn't noobsniping to me..
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 2:28:51 AM

Thank you =)

Nothing will be done about any problems on this site for the foreseeable future. Juggle just doesn't care and it's out of airmax's power.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 2:45:16 AM
At 12/6/2015 2:28:51 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Thank you =)

Nothing will be done about any problems on this site for the foreseeable future. Juggle just doesn't care and it's out of airmax's power.

Juggle will fix it eventually; it is only a matter of time.