Jump to topic:

Hate the glitch

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 4:07:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If it was not for the glitch, there will be more wins for me.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
KingofEverything
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:49:51 PM
At 12/5/2015 4:07:55 PM, fire_wings wrote:
If it was not for the glitch, there will be more wins for me.

Lol yeah. I have been wanting to noobsnipe.
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:59:47 PM
Are you guys stupid? This glitch is the best thing that has happened to the site since Juggle's last update. Noobsnipes were stupid anyhow, and it's actually good for me, since the majority of my losses are due to forfeits. If this glitch had come around earlier, my win record would be way better, and the elo scoreboard might actually somewhat reflect reality by getting rid of people like Mikal, Zarroette, and tejretics. Keep up the complete and utter lack of hard work, Juggle!
KingofEverything
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 6:17:39 PM
At 12/5/2015 5:59:47 PM, Romanii wrote:
Are you guys stupid? This glitch is the best thing that has happened to the site since Juggle's last update. Noobsnipes were stupid anyhow, and it's actually good for me, since the majority of my losses are due to forfeits. If this glitch had come around earlier, my win record would be way better, and the elo scoreboard might actually somewhat reflect reality by getting rid of people like Mikal, Zarroette, and tejretics. Keep up the complete and utter lack of hard work, Juggle!

No. The glitch stops the debate.... obviously. So you can't win really.

Noobsniping is basically like your other opponent forfeiting since his or her arguments cannot really counter yours.

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 6:22:40 PM
At 12/5/2015 6:17:39 PM, KingofEverything wrote:

Exactly. Noobsnipers can't win, so their elos don't get artificially inflated. And people like me who actually forfeit debates due to external life circumstances get a second chance (after airmax resets the debate). That's a good thing.

Noobsniping is basically like your other opponent forfeiting since his or her arguments cannot really counter yours.

No, it's the opponent forfeiting because they're noobs who made an account and then forgot about the site.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 6:38:20 PM

In your opinion, what would classify as a NoobSnipe?
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 6:42:32 PM
At 12/5/2015 6:38:20 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

In your opinion, what would classify as a NoobSnipe?

Any time you accept a debate instigated by a member less than a month old.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 6:45:51 PM

I'm not too bothered by the act of noob-sniping, tbh. It's more irritating when the majority of a person's debate record consists of noob-snipes where the noob forfeited. And then the person pretends they actually that deserve that massive elo.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 6:47:00 PM
At 12/5/2015 6:45:51 PM, Romanii wrote:

I'm not too bothered by the act of noob-sniping, tbh. It's more irritating when the majority of a person's debate record consists of noob-snipes where the noob forfeited. And then the person pretends they actually that deserve that massive elo.

Yea I agree.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 7:07:46 PM
This glitch negates the time it takes to craft an argument with sources. If the opponent cannot make an adequate rebuttal, they should concede not forfeit. It seems that there are more cop outs on arguments than there are forfeits for life reasons. I now have 4 debates in the wind. Until the fix occurs, there's no point in participating in any substantive debates. The glitch has pretty much turned this site into nothing more than a vehicle for amusement in troll debates. Not going to waste anymore mental energy and time until it's fixed.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 7:18:57 PM
At 12/5/2015 7:07:46 PM, Peepette wrote:
This glitch negates the time it takes to craft an argument with sources. If the opponent cannot make an adequate rebuttal, they should concede not forfeit. It seems that there are more cop outs on arguments than there are forfeits for life reasons. I now have 4 debates in the wind. Until the fix occurs, there's no point in participating in noobsniping,
Fix'd
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 7:22:53 PM
At 12/5/2015 7:18:57 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 12/5/2015 7:07:46 PM, Peepette wrote:
This glitch negates the time it takes to craft an argument with sources. If the opponent cannot make an adequate rebuttal, they should concede not forfeit. It seems that there are more cop outs on arguments than there are forfeits for life reasons. I now have 4 debates in the wind. Until the fix occurs, there's no point in participating in noobsniping,
Fix'd

Hardy har har
KingofEverything
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 7:23:43 PM
At 12/5/2015 6:22:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 12/5/2015 6:17:39 PM, KingofEverything wrote:

Exactly. Noobsnipers can't win, so their elos don't get artificially inflated. And people like me who actually forfeit debates due to external life circumstances get a second chance (after airmax resets the debate). That's a good thing.

I see. I have gotten a lot of prep time for some of my forfeited debates. Wouldn't it be cool if once the glitch was fixed, it resets the round so you couldn't forfeit? That would be kind of cheating, but awesome.

No, it's the opponent forfeiting because they're noobs who made an account and then forgot about the site.

I am saying that in both circumstances, the noob can't really win. Whether they forfeit or just pathetically attempt to shut down a kritik, they get their azzes handed to them.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 8:34:49 PM
I love the glitch.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 8:53:47 PM
At 12/5/2015 8:43:32 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I got 99 problems...

and a glitch is one

I got 99 problems...

And glitches are ALL OF THEM
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 8:56:15 PM
Are you guys stupid? This glitch is the best thing that has happened to the site since Juggle's last update. Noobsnipes were stupid anyhow, and it's actually good for me, since the majority of my losses are due to forfeits.

Flumadiddle. Three days to construct and post an argument is ample time. If you're not responding within the three-day limit, you're either:

- disorganised, and therefore, should be punished

- lacking an argument, and therefore, should be punished

You earned the debate-record you have, dumbo.

If this glitch had come around earlier, my win record would be way better, and the elo scoreboard might actually somewhat reflect reality by getting rid of people like Mikal, Zarroette, and tejretics.

I would smash you, if we were to debate. I earned my elo and it is representative of my ability. Likewise, Mikal and tejretics would shatter you, too, you cognitively-inferior individual.

Keep up the complete and utter lack of hard work, Juggle!
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 9:06:20 PM
At 12/5/2015 8:56:15 PM, Zarroette wrote:
Are you guys stupid? This glitch is the best thing that has happened to the site since Juggle's last update. Noobsnipes were stupid anyhow, and it's actually good for me, since the majority of my losses are due to forfeits.

Flumadiddle. Three days to construct and post an argument is ample time. If you're not responding within the three-day limit, you're either:

OR I had legitimate life circumstances preventing me from submitting a debate argument. You of all people should be able to understand that, considering that you've had ample experience with much more unfortunate "life circumstances". Imagine if you'd been in the middle of a debate when you had to leave your home last year, thus forfeiting it. I don't think you would have reacted particularly well if someone said that forfeit was a result of you "lacking an argument" or being "disorganized".

If this glitch had come around earlier, my win record would be way better, and the elo scoreboard might actually somewhat reflect reality by getting rid of people like Mikal, Zarroette, and tejretics.

I would smash you, if we were to debate. I earned my elo and it is representative of my ability. Likewise, Mikal and tejretics would shatter you, too, you cognitively-inferior individual.

Then debate me and prove it. Mikal refuses to seriously debate anymore because he's lazy, and tejretics has been avoiding me (although without simultaneously bragging that he'd easily beat me, unlike you).
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 9:14:51 PM
At 12/5/2015 9:06:20 PM, Romanii wrote:

OR I had legitimate life circumstances preventing me from submitting a debate argument. You of all people should be able to understand that, considering that you've had ample experience with much more unfortunate "life circumstances".

It's rather demeaning of your character, that you would aim to provoke me in this way.

Imagine if you'd been in the middle of a debate when you had to leave your home last year, thus forfeiting it. I don't think you would have reacted particularly well if someone said that forfeit was a result of you "lacking an argument" or being "disorganized".

In unfortunate "life circumstances", I've learned that excuses are of no value, especially to others. Success, be it in the glory of victory, or the triumph of escaping the lows of emotion, always remains the same: doing whatever it takes. Whilst you search for a reasonable excuse to exonerate responsibility, I cultivate an alternative path. This, I suggest, is one of the salient differences between the weak and the strong.

Then debate me and prove it. Mikal refuses to seriously debate anymore because he's lazy, and tejretics has been avoiding me (although without simultaneously bragging that he'd easily beat me, unlike you).

Why would you be worthy of my effort?
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 9:20:09 PM
At 12/5/2015 9:14:51 PM, Zarroette wrote:

OR I had legitimate life circumstances preventing me from submitting a debate argument. You of all people should be able to understand that, considering that you've had ample experience with much more unfortunate "life circumstances".

It's rather demeaning of your character, that you would aim to provoke me in this way.

Wasn't trying to provoke you. Was just appealing to your personal experiences in the hope that you'd relate.

Imagine if you'd been in the middle of a debate when you had to leave your home last year, thus forfeiting it. I don't think you would have reacted particularly well if someone said that forfeit was a result of you "lacking an argument" or being "disorganized".

In unfortunate "life circumstances", I've learned that excuses are of no value, especially to others. Success, be it in the glory of victory, or the triumph of escaping the lows of emotion, always remains the same: doing whatever it takes. Whilst you search for a reasonable excuse to exonerate responsibility, I cultivate an alternative path. This, I suggest, is one of the salient differences between the weak and the strong.

How poetic.

There we go again -- avoiding debating me while simultaneously asserting your superiority.

Why are all your many noob-snipes worthy of your effort?
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 9:28:01 PM
At 12/5/2015 9:20:09 PM, Romanii wrote:

Wasn't trying to provoke you. Was just appealing to your personal experiences in the hope that you'd relate.

I suspect that is a convenient excuse, fitting of your observed character.

How poetic.

Veracity pleases the eye.

There we go again -- avoiding debating me while simultaneously asserting your superiority.

My question is legitimate, especially seeing how adamant you are to forge excuses for your absence.

If you would observe my "noob-snipes" and debates of higher calibre, you'll see that I exert great effort in formulating an argument, regardless of the opponent.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 9:42:04 PM
At 12/5/2015 9:28:01 PM, Zarroette wrote:

My question is legitimate, especially seeing how adamant you are to forge excuses for your absence.

Non-sequitur, but whatever. The next absence I foresee will only be after 2-3 weeks, so it would be nice if you could hurry this along and agree to debate me sooner rather than later.

If you would observe my "noob-snipes" and debates of higher calibre, you'll see that I exert great effort in formulating an argument, regardless of the opponent.

If you're so willing to put in the effort *regardless of opponent*, then for what reason are you hesitant to do so against me?
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 9:50:15 PM
At 12/5/2015 9:42:04 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 12/5/2015 9:28:01 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Non-sequitur, but whatever.

Unsupported blathering. Defend your accusations or remain silent.

The next absence I foresee will only be after 2-3 weeks, so it would be nice if you could hurry this along and agree to debate me sooner rather than later.

You fool. Did we not discuss the potency of *unforeseen* absence, in regards to capacity to respond within three days? It is here the issue lies with your self.

Regardless, I will travel as slowly as I please.

If you're so willing to put in the effort *regardless of opponent*, then for what reason are you hesitant to do so against me?

Your absence seems likely, based on your proclivity to flee, of which will incur a 'our database has not updated this debate'. In other words, I post not only to present my argument, but to inflate my win-ratio, too.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 9:57:35 PM
I'd say Romanii would beat Cassie 4 out of 5 times, if he's afforded enough opportunity to actually do the debate.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 10:01:35 PM
At 12/5/2015 8:43:32 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I got 99 problems...

and a glitch is one

Mr Airmax, if the glitch were resolved, what would be the fate of the currently stagnated debates? Would they be deleted? Or, would they continue? I strongly suspect the latter, however, there is slight chance of the former.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 10:02:11 PM
At 12/5/2015 9:57:35 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I'd say Romanii would beat Cassie 4 out of 5 times, if he's afforded enough opportunity to actually do the debate.

This is why your opinion is of no consequence, child.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 10:06:22 PM
At 12/5/2015 10:02:11 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Lol.

If you're going to brag about how you'd wipe the floor with someone, maintain at least a 33% win percentage against decent opponents.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 10:08:11 PM
At 12/5/2015 10:06:22 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Lol.

That was an anxious laugh.

If you're going to brag about how you'd wipe the floor with someone, maintain at least a 33% win percentage against decent opponents.

*check*

It appears I have permission to brag, according to the child's rule!
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 10:11:26 PM
At 12/5/2015 10:08:11 PM, Zarroette wrote:
At 12/5/2015 10:06:22 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Lol.

That was an anxious laugh.

A bare assertion from Zarroette? That's a new thing.

*check*

It appears I have permission to brag, according to the child's rule!

Lol no, you do not.

Your debates to opponent value is perhaps the worst out of any member to actually brag about their skill.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King