Jump to topic:

DDO Membership President update

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 5:23:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The DDO Membership Presidential elections are less than a week away so I felt it was time to provide a small update.

The elections will be held on Friday December 11th (the thread will be posted around 7pm central time) until Sunday December 13th (voting will end around 7pm Central).

Unless I get a volunteer (which should only be done by contacting me privately) I will moderate the elections.

Most importantly, I want to direct everyone's attention to the changes in the criteria for qualifying as a voter in the DDO membership presidential elections. Those are now as follows:

Members must have 2 months minimum of membership on the site, and must also meet just one of the following bullet points:

- 1,000 posts
- 5 debates without any forfeits AND 100 posts
- 3 debates without any forfeits AND 50 poll or opinion topics/questions that haven't been deleted by mods AND 100 posts
- 500 posts AND 50 poll or opinion topics/questions that haven't been deleted by mods

The following was determined through many discussion between the DDO president, myself and others, and has been posted in these forums a couple times for discussion. Without any serious objections in the past, these will now be used moving forward.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to post them.

Good luck to all the candidates!
Debate.org Moderator
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 5:33:55 PM
I would like to inform everyone that I am forming a super-pac that will hand out an endorsement to a candidate based on what kind of lucrative tax benefits they would be willing to provide to movie production studios for filming projects here on DDO, should they be elected president.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 5:50:16 PM
WYLTED! WYLTED! WYLTED!

nac
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 5:56:57 PM
At 12/6/2015 5:33:55 PM, imabench wrote:
I would like to inform everyone that I am forming a super-pac that will hand out an endorsement to a candidate based on what kind of lucrative tax benefits they would be willing to provide to movie production studios for filming projects here on DDO, should they be elected president.

Name your price. We can work something out. I'll call it "Path to Prosperity." I'll close a bunch of loopholes, drop marginal rates, and bury in there a "tax credit" for your industry. Your effective rate will be negative, I assure you.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 12:30:58 AM
At 12/6/2015 6:14:19 PM, Romanii wrote:
Wait so who are the candidates? Just Bsh1 and Wylted?

I believe so...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 12:40:58 AM
#running
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 12:57:41 AM
At 12/6/2015 6:14:19 PM, Romanii wrote:
Wait so who are the candidates? Just Bsh1 and Wylted?

And Airmax, obviously.

Let's just reelect Max. He can't refuse.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 1:52:18 AM
At 12/6/2015 5:33:55 PM, imabench wrote:

I will second this effort.
Tsar of DDO
KingofEverything
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 1:55:53 AM
I see that I meet the criteria. That's good.
You're sweet. Thank you :) <3 -ESocial

I am sorry Debate.org -KingofEverything

You guys can stop the circlejerk started around the election. It stopped being funny faster than Mirza's anti-American rants. -Jonbonbon

It's like when the kid who makes an ugly sand castle on the beach goes and tries to kick down someone else's sand castle because he couldn't make one as good as that. -YYW
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 3:48:04 AM
I haven't exactly been following DDO affairs as of the last few months (or years rather) so let me ask, what are the roles and responsibilities of the DDO president?
kingkd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 3:55:34 AM
At 12/6/2015 5:23:46 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
The DDO Membership Presidential elections are less than a week away so I felt it was time to provide a small update.

The elections will be held on Friday December 11th (the thread will be posted around 7pm central time) until Sunday December 13th (voting will end around 7pm Central).

Unless I get a volunteer (which should only be done by contacting me privately) I will moderate the elections.

Most importantly, I want to direct everyone's attention to the changes in the criteria for qualifying as a voter in the DDO membership presidential elections. Those are now as follows:

Members must have 2 months minimum of membership on the site, and must also meet just one of the following bullet points:

- 1,000 posts
- 5 debates without any forfeits AND 100 posts
- 3 debates without any forfeits AND 50 poll or opinion topics/questions that haven't been deleted by mods AND 100 posts
- 500 posts AND 50 poll or opinion topics/questions that haven't been deleted by mods

The following was determined through many discussion between the DDO president, myself and others, and has been posted in these forums a couple times for discussion. Without any serious objections in the past, these will now be used moving forward.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to post them.

Good luck to all the candidates!

Just because I don't post enough means I can't vote?
The Constitution is just a damn piece of paper
-Barack Obama
"I actually support ...the Spanish inquisition, the murder of natives and so much more."
airmax1227
"Water is wet."
airmax1227
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 5:02:19 AM
At 12/7/2015 3:55:34 AM, kingkd wrote:
At 12/6/2015 5:23:46 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

- 1,000 posts OR
- 5 debates without any forfeits AND 100 posts OR
- 3 debates without any forfeits AND 50 poll or opinion topics/questions that haven't been deleted by mods AND 100 posts OR

Just because I don't post enough means I can't vote?

There may or may not have been a gigantic controversy about 2 elections ago where someone won the presidency by preying on people who just barely were qualified enough to vote according to laxer voter standards....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 5:41:30 AM
Oh no! I don't have 50 Opinions.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 5:49:07 AM
At 12/7/2015 5:41:30 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Are you actually worried you might not be qualified to vote?
Debate.org Moderator
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 5:54:26 AM
At 12/7/2015 5:49:07 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 12/7/2015 5:41:30 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Are you actually worried you might not be qualified to vote?

Not really. Sorry, running on 2 hours of sleep the past couple days. Thought I'd pop in and say something to show I'm alive. Though I'm getting ready to snooze. I don't think it would matter much since there's really no formittable opponent to bsh1 and I don't think there will be one.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 6:05:03 AM
At 12/7/2015 12:40:58 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
#running

The polls section will expand to annex the main forum, the history forum and then get obliterated after a failed winter invasion of the Religious forum.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 6:06:56 AM
At 12/7/2015 6:05:03 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
#running

The polls section will expand to annex the main forum, the history forum and then get obliterated after a failed winter invasion of the Religious forum.

Wouldn't annexing the history forum allow us to learn from history and not invade the religion forum in the winter?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 6:08:00 AM
At 12/7/2015 6:06:56 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/7/2015 6:05:03 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
#running

Wouldn't annexing the history forum allow us to learn from history and not invade the religion forum in the winter?

Yes, we'll take the Mongol method then and just be the exception http://38.media.tumblr.com...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 9:03:35 AM
I want to do it, I fit rule 2.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka