Oops... This is awkward!

Nonsense
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 1:51:41 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
An unexpected error has occurred.
Sorry about that. Our technicians have been notified and should have this fixed very soon.
Please try again later.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 1:55:46 AM
At 12/9/2015 1:51:41 AM, Nonsense wrote:
Sorry about that. Our technicians have been notified and should have this fixed very soon.
Please try again later.

One of my developers always had all errors return "woops". It was fun for a bit, but the users started making fun of it, and.... Well, stuff that is fun turns into a negative real quick.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:03:03 AM
At 12/9/2015 1:55:46 AM, TBR wrote:
Please try again later.

One of my developers always had all errors return "woops". It was fun for a bit, but the users started making fun of it, and.... Well, stuff that is fun turns into a negative real quick.

Actually, "Oops...This is Awkward," is not the worst wording for an error message. It's better than "You Have Encountered an Error" or something equally dry.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:19:35 AM
At 12/9/2015 2:03:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Please try again later.

Actually, "Oops...This is Awkward," is not the worst wording for an error message. It's better than "You Have Encountered an Error" or something equally dry.

Know what works best? Really? Numbers. Seriously. People actually report back error numbers much better (more accurately etc) than anything else.
Nonsense
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:22:08 AM
At 12/9/2015 2:19:35 AM, TBR wrote:
At 12/9/2015 2:03:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Please try again later.

Know what works best? Really? Numbers. Seriously. People actually report back error numbers much better (more accurately etc) than anything else.

This is error 404v2 catchy error name not found!