Jump to topic:

Is this a straw man argument?

Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:09:31 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
I compared human enslavement to bee enslavement in a debate, linked below. I wanted to know if I did, and if I did how to prevent making the same mistake.

Here's the paragraph a straw man argument might have been made.

"Summary, mainstream science supports that bees are sentient. There is no relevant differences between bees, children, and the mentally handicapped. Already there are laws in place to protect the last two groups. It is inconsistent to withhold such protections from the first group, bees."

http://www.debate.org...
Nonsense
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:13:45 AM
At 12/9/2015 2:09:31 AM, Stupidape wrote:
No this would be a straw man argument:

Stupid ape said that bee slaves are the same as human slaves.

Human slaves are not bees.

Therefore Pro's entire argument is wrong.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:31:51 AM
At 12/9/2015 2:09:31 AM, Stupidape wrote:
I compared human enslavement to bee enslavement in a debate, linked below. I wanted to know if I did, and if I did how to prevent making the same mistake.

Here's the paragraph a straw man argument might have been made.

"Summary, mainstream science supports that bees are sentient. There is no relevant differences between bees, children, and the mentally handicapped. Already there are laws in place to protect the last two groups. It is inconsistent to withhold such protections from the first group, bees."

http://www.debate.org...

No relevant difference at all. And we wonder why the proliferation of mass shootings .
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%