Jump to topic:

Appreciation for Juggle and Airmax

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 12:40:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The average DDO user does not see what occurs behind the scenes. For those of you who do not realise, Airmax went out of his way to ensure that Juggle were aware of some of the issues on DDO. Juggle then fixed these issues, as evidenced by the 500 glitch and debate-forfeit glitches being absent.

In my opinion, the least we can do is recognise and thank these efforts. The most we could do is hand over our credit cards and bow-down as slaves.

So, thank you, Airmax and Juggle, for fixing issues with DDO =)
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 12:46:05 AM
The thing about behind the scenes work is that you do it, with full knowledge it won't be known, but perhaps it will be appreciated, even if the appreciation is not for your efforts but the results.

You don't see me asking for thanks for spamming a over 1,000 users during Mikal's bid to become president. No I just do it, knowing that DDO will end up appreciating the results, but not my efforts.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 12:56:10 AM
At 12/10/2015 12:46:05 AM, Wylted wrote:
The thing about behind the scenes work is that you do it, with full knowledge it won't be known, but perhaps it will be appreciated, even if the appreciation is not for your efforts but the results.

You don't see me asking for thanks for spamming a over 1,000 users during Mikal's bid to become president. No I just do it, knowing that DDO will end up appreciating the results, but not my efforts.

- Milk it.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:23:02 AM
At 12/10/2015 12:40:49 AM, Zarroette wrote:
The average DDO user does not see what occurs behind the scenes. For those of you who do not realise, Airmax went out of his way to ensure that Juggle were aware of some of the issues on DDO. Juggle then fixed these issues, as evidenced by the 500 glitch and debate-forfeit glitches being absent.

In my opinion, the least we can do is recognise and thank these efforts. The most we could do is hand over our credit cards and bow-down as slaves.

From a business perspective, Juggle could be missing out on a lot of unknown potential if they were to invest a bit more time and effort into doing a little more for the website than just fixing errors. I appreciate them fixing the errors however, and I don't think most people wouldn't be on the site if they didn't like what Juggle and Webcorp have created. A lot of the frustration comes from the lack of public appearance, and the lack of apparent growth. The site doesn't make enough money to support making continuous changes, and any change that is made requires money and time to go into it. From a business perspective, Juggle probably doesn't see that paying off enough which is why they haven't been putting time into making said changes. I think their is a goldmine in DDO though, and it just takes the right person with the right belief to find it and exploit it. If that took a little bit of a time and money investment, I'd say it's worth it. Maybe someone will purchase the website from Juggle sometime.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:25:51 AM
At 12/10/2015 1:23:02 AM, TUF wrote:

From a business perspective, Juggle could be missing out on a lot of unknown potential if they were to invest a bit more time and effort into doing a little more for the website than just fixing errors. I appreciate them fixing the errors however, and I don't think most people wouldn't be on the site if they didn't like what Juggle and Webcorp have created. A lot of the frustration comes from the lack of public appearance, and the lack of apparent growth. The site doesn't make enough money to support making continuous changes, and any change that is made requires money and time to go into it. From a business perspective, Juggle probably doesn't see that paying off enough which is why they haven't been putting time into making said changes. I think their is a goldmine in DDO though, and it just takes the right person with the right belief to find it and exploit it. If that took a little bit of a time and money investment, I'd say it's worth it. Maybe someone will purchase the website from Juggle sometime.

I hope so. I mean I keep seeing so many easily recognizable areas of profit, that they somehow miss. I don't get it.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:27:18 AM

From a business perspective, Juggle could be missing out on a lot of unknown potential if they were to invest a bit more time and effort into doing a little more for the website than just fixing errors.

Maybe. Do you have any ideas of your own?

I appreciate them fixing the errors however, and I don't think most people wouldn't be on the site if they didn't like what Juggle and Webcorp have created. A lot of the frustration comes from the lack of public appearance, and the lack of apparent growth. The site doesn't make enough money to support making continuous changes, and any change that is made requires money and time to go into it. From a business perspective, Juggle probably doesn't see that paying off enough which is why they haven't been putting time into making said changes.

Fair enough.

I think their is a goldmine in DDO though, and it just takes the right person with the right belief to find it and exploit it. If that took a little bit of a time and money investment, I'd say it's worth it. Maybe someone will purchase the website from Juggle sometime.

If you're convinced of this, why not aspire to be that "someone?"
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:27:42 AM
At 12/10/2015 1:25:51 AM, Wylted wrote:

I hope so. I mean I keep seeing so many easily recognizable areas of profit, that they somehow miss. I don't get it.

I would probably buy it myself if I could afford it. But I think we'd be looking into 6 digits which is obvious out of my price range.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:30:31 AM
I'm not sure if they're looking to sell. I'd be okay with investing $10,000. I do think they're probably looking at $250,000 to buy. (Without further research) I'd only invest with a good business plan and a CEO that would work at next to nothing.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:33:49 AM
At 12/10/2015 1:27:18 AM, Zarroette wrote:

From a business perspective, Juggle could be missing out on a lot of unknown potential if they were to invest a bit more time and effort into doing a little more for the website than just fixing errors.

The community as a whole has offered many of them over the last couple years. Mobile notifications, DDO app, team debates, chat feature, to name a few of many. All relatively easy changes actually. I actually created a chat for DDOfans.org, I have access to larz code for team debates, I've created apps before. Nothing too strenuous. DDO is obviously a very big server though, and has quite a big user base. I am sure it wouldn't be as easy for Juggle running it under ASP.

I think their is a goldmine in DDO though, and it just takes the right person with the right belief to find it and exploit it. If that took a little bit of a time and money investment, I'd say it's worth it. Maybe someone will purchase the website from Juggle sometime.

I have, for a very long time. Unfortunately I don't think I could realistically afford the website. There was a thread a while back showing the link of where Juggle bought this site from Phil. I think it was sold for upwards of 100 grand. I have also tried to get on the web developer team, but it seems they nixed that positions almost as soon as they opened up the spot. I haven't given up on the dream though. Lol maybe one day I can afford it, or even create my own.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:35:55 AM
At 12/10/2015 1:30:31 AM, Wylted wrote:
I'm not sure if they're looking to sell.

Everyone's willing to sell for the right price!

I'd be okay with investing $10,000. I do think they're probably looking at $250,000 to buy. (Without further research) I'd only invest with a good business plan and a CEO that would work at next to nothing.

I think they bought the site for around 100,000 grand. Im going to do some research and see if I can find the thread that someone posted some time ago showing the exact figures. (I think it was 1harderthanyouthink)

Maybe they would be willing to sell it for less if they were desperate.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:36:15 AM
Actually the CEO, would have to work for nothing, not next to nothing. Just a shareholder looking to maximize their investment.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:46:16 AM
I thank Airmax for doing a tremendous amount of excellent work for the community, and all voluntarily too.

I don't thank Juggle, because despite being paid, they *barely* even do the minimum amount of work required.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:51:30 AM
At 12/10/2015 1:33:49 AM, TUF wrote:

The community as a whole has offered many of them over the last couple years. Mobile notifications, DDO app, team debates, chat feature, to name a few of many. All relatively easy changes actually. I actually created a chat for DDOfans.org, I have access to larz code for team debates, I've created apps before. Nothing too strenuous. DDO is obviously a very big server though, and has quite a big user base. I am sure it wouldn't be as easy for Juggle running it under ASP.

It appears my cynicism is proven unrequired. You do indeed have ideas!

What exactly was DDOfans.org? I have vague, second-hand memory of the website.

I have, for a very long time. Unfortunately I don't think I could realistically afford the website. There was a thread a while back showing the link of where Juggle bought this site from Phil. I think it was sold for upwards of 100 grand. I have also tried to get on the web developer team, but it seems they nixed that positions almost as soon as they opened up the spot. I haven't given up on the dream though. Lol maybe one day I can afford it, or even create my own.

Have yo considered working with Larz on his site? I had no idea how involved you've been in everything! To an outsider, the DDO team appears to be an entity that is never touched (which agrees with your earlier criticism, in regards to a perceived lack of staff presence).
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:55:23 AM
It sucks that the name Juggle is taken now. It's an awesome account name, not to mention clown name.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:24:06 AM
At 12/10/2015 1:51:30 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 12/10/2015 1:33:49 AM, TUF wrote:

It appears my cynicism is proven unrequired. You do indeed have ideas!

What exactly was DDOfans.org? I have vague, second-hand memory of the website.

DDO fans started as an old project by some old members years ago. It had a chat, a blog, etc. It was a really cool idea, but eventually kind of died. When I was president I wanted to bring it back alive. It was basically a project me and larz worked on together. We both put a ton of effort into making it come alive. When it was first released a bunch of members were using it and seemed to like it really well. It was beautiful, the blog was awesome, the chat was smooth and had a ton of features. But... then people just stopped using it. It was kind of sad and discouraging considering how much time we put into it. I eventually just stopped paying the server costs for it and let it die.

Have yo considered working with Larz on his site?

Me and larz are really good friends. He has offered me a spot on the admin team there before (it's been so long, I am not sure the offer still stands). But frankly, DDO is where my heart lies. I've invested too much time, and too much of myself here. I am way more familiar with the community, and have ultimately fallen in love with DDO (as cheesy as that sounds to say about an online community). It didn't seem worth it to me to start over again at the time. If most of the DDO community were to move over their, that would be another thing.

I had no idea how involved you've been in everything!

I am a big DDO nerd.

To an outsider, the DDO team appears to be an entity that is never touched (which agrees with your earlier criticism, in regards to a perceived lack of staff presence).

I've had many long discussion with Alex (chrumbelievable) about the subject. She has explained to me a few times that Juggle simply doesn't have the resources to do it. They focused on certain changes that they thought absolutely necessary, and after that kind of took a hiatus from the updates. I don't blame them, at all. I appreciate the changes they've made (most of the best things about the site have come from Juggle when they took over). I just like many other members, wish they could push out updates as frequently as Clash of clans or something like that. Unrealistic, but it's fun to wish.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:27:07 AM
At 12/10/2015 1:46:16 AM, Romanii wrote:
I thank Airmax for doing a tremendous amount of excellent work for the community, and all voluntarily too.

I don't thank Juggle, because despite being paid, they *barely* even do the minimum amount of work required.

They were non-profit before they put up the advertisements. Any money they do make is from adverts. I can't imagine those pay much more than the cost of maintaining the websites. While DDO is a big userbase, the ones in the forums I doubt are generally clicking the advertisements. Most people have adblock as well. If they make money, it's not much. At least from my understandings of having talked to some of the juggle staff.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:40:31 AM
Here is the link to the article if anyone is interested: http://fusible.com...

The link to the actual thread on flippa where Phil negotiated pricing and stuff looks to be not working.

130,000 was paid for this website. That's insane.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:46:34 AM

Likewise, nobody appreciates me for creating and operating all those dozens of multis which voted for him.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:59:45 AM

Those results were so appreciated. lol.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:02:39 AM
At 12/10/2015 2:27:07 AM, TUF wrote:

They were non-profit before they put up the advertisements. Any money they do make is from adverts. I can't imagine those pay much more than the cost of maintaining the websites. While DDO is a big userbase, the ones in the forums I doubt are generally clicking the advertisements. Most people have adblock as well. If they make money, it's not much. At least from my understandings of having talked to some of the juggle staff.

I'm not asking for them to grant major feature requests or invest a lot of resources into DDO. I would have no complaints if all they did was properly maintain the site. But they don't even do that much. There are errors on here that I would never expect to see on a professionally-managed site. Like the front page... I mean, c'mon.... how long could it possibly take to just fix the script for that?
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:13:54 AM
tl dr

Max should be/is getting laid tonight.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:24:13 AM

Again, you are thanking people for doing their jobs? And not very well at that?

Look. Airmax has no ability to fix anything on the site - that is the owners developers job. They have done a terrible job as long as I have known. Thanks for a job done in the sh1t way they do is silly. Do you think sites (systems, servers etc) run without management? Do you think 24, 48, 72 hours is a good response time? Most people in IT would be fired twice a day doing the job that Juggle does.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:31:38 AM

IT Systems are not different than any other system/service. You expect, no you demand that they work. When they are malfunctioning, you can thank the person who fixed them, but you don't think its magic. Someone went to work to resolve the issue. When an issue goes on for a prolonged time, you call that incompetence.

Basicly, don't beg for the people making money of YOU to provide the functioning system that makes THEM money.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:59:55 AM
At 12/10/2015 3:02:39 AM, Romanii wrote:

I'm not asking for them to grant major feature requests or invest a lot of resources into DDO. I would have no complaints if all they did was properly maintain the site. But they don't even do that much. There are errors on here that I would never expect to see on a professionally-managed site. Like the front page... I mean, c'mon.... how long could it possibly take to just fix the script for that?

Well not defending Juggle really, just saying they probably don't care too check it much unless something huge happens like the debate error yesterday. No one likes working for free lol
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 4:01:43 AM
At 12/10/2015 3:59:55 AM, TUF wrote:

Well not defending Juggle really, just saying they probably don't care too check it much unless something huge happens like the debate error yesterday. No one likes working for free lol

Checking the site for 5 minutes per day isn't really that much to ask.
And you'd think they'd at least notice that the site's home page advocates the existence of negative time...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 4:06:07 AM
At 12/10/2015 4:01:43 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 12/10/2015 3:59:55 AM, TUF wrote:

Checking the site for 5 minutes per day isn't really that much to ask.
And you'd think they'd at least notice that the site's home page advocates the existence of negative time...

Here's what I know. DDO is the least profitable avenue they have. Their Crowd funding website is where they make all their money. I think they have some most of their employees working these other sites pretty hard. I am not sure if the issues here that need fixing, really take only "5 minutes" either. It would be nice for sure, but it's just inconvenient for them. Hopefully they will sell the website.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 4:10:06 AM
A jew doing something nefarious behind the scenes? color me shocked.... :P
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:06:04 PM
Just when I made the forum Juggle hates us...
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:53:32 PM

"You're more of a fluentic fail doer who sometimes does a doo dah with a diggity ding, managing to push open doors that weren't meant to be opened, only to find that there's no floor, so you instead become spiderman and crawl on the walls." -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:12:41 PM

Yup, Thanks.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka