Jump to topic:

Dec. 2015 Election Interview: Bsh/Zaradi/Saph

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:08:46 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
Do not post until the second post is made.

So to remind us all that we have to get off of our couches - that is, to get our computer - so we can go sit back down and show up at the (DDO) polls in just two days, I have an interview of the ticket running. Isn't a one-party state wonderful?

So to start off, I give you the questions for Bsh1 - current President and the President for at least another 6 months.

(H - me; B - bsh; Z - Zaradi; S - Sapphique)

H: What do you do on a normal day as the President?

B: Normally, it consists of member outreach and discussion of topics that I can have some impact on here on DDO. I also communicate with Zaradi, Saph, and moderation pretty much daily on a wide variety of subjects, from comments I have about something moderation-related to planning how best to reform the tournament system to getting the opt-in voting reform ready. It's a lot of collaboration and behind-the-scenes work. More recently, it was running the forum revival program, which became a daily task.

H: Do you expect anything about this second term to be different?

B: Well, I expect this next term to be tweaking things that could use improvement. Last term was more about generating the ideas. If reelected, I foresee next term being more about refining them. Otherwise, I don't think there will be substantial differences. I'd like to work closer with moderation on a few issues, and I have some things (in my platform) that I want to accomplish, but that's fairly routine.

H: Did you have any contact with Juggle during your first term?

B: Directly, no. Through Max, yes. Unfortunately, and we all know and are painful aware, of the situation when it comes to Juggle. The best way to move ahead then is without them, in whatever ways we can. This term, that included the How-to-Debate Guide, the Forum Revival, and the opt-in Voting Reform negotiations, among other things. In the future, that may be updating the Wiki, finalizing the opt-in Voting Reform, etc. We can still be effective in helping DDO, even without Juggles involvement, though of course we would be over-the-moon if they would work with us. We'd love to work with them.

H: Do you plan on reviving any of your programs from the first term?

B: Yes. For instance, Zaradi's New Membership Mentor program was an excellent initiative, and will continue. The bi-weekly topics and tournament systems will continue to, albeit with reforms, since these programs, per user feedback, have not fully met the wants and needs of the community.

H: Are there any new initiatives you've been thinking about implementing?

B: Also yes. I am interested in starting a "debate club" which could incentivize both debating, judging, and feedback. Club members would debate each other and provide feedback for each other, and can win prizes if the quality of their debates or feedback merit it. This isn't really a tournament, because no one is eliminated, but it is still competitive, and will hopefully be a learning experience. We discuss the concept more in our platform [https://docs.google.com...]. We'd like to also organize an effort to update the wiki with credible, up-to-date, well-written information, so that it can become a better site resource for users. There are also some reforms we'd like to implement, though these aren't really new initiatives in and of themselves.

H: What was your favorite part of being the President?

B: Probably that I was able to see positive, concrete results, as hackneyed as that answer may seem. But, many individual users cannot or do not mobilize the resources needed to do things like the Official Guide to Debating on DDO or to run the Forum Revival scheme. Being able to use my position to accomplish these kinds of positive things is rewarding.

H: How scared are you of the extremely stiff competition you will be facing? Will this be the closest election ever?

B: Lol. I am mentally bracing myself for a loss to Wylted. I just can't stand before the might of the Religion forum...esp. when I am an agnostic.

H: Assuming you do pull this one off - a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to explore a third term?

B: "Explore" is an incredibly ambiguous term. So, the answer depends on how it is conceived. If explore means to actively build a based of support to run for a 3rd term, maybe about a 5. If "explore" means to actually run for a third term, probably 4. But, if "explore" means to entertain the possibility in my head and to weigh the pros and cons, probably a 9. But, these numbers will change as time goes on.

---

Now, onto VP Zaradi.

H: How involved were you in the affairs of the first term?

Z: Fairly involved. Most anything that Brian was working on I was involved in either adivising him or directly overseeing it. The final call for most things was his call, but it was a mutual agreement on both ends.

H: Will your role change much from this point, or will continue unaltered?

Z: It's probably not going to change too much. I'll still be here to help people and to help Brian

H: How many people participate in your mentorship program? Will there be any change there in the future?

Z: More than I was expecting to join, honestly. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but there were multiple times during the term where there were more people looking to apply than I had mentors to take them. As of right now I don't see any need to change it, but in the future if the need to alter the program arises then I can certainly do so.

H: If Brian does not take a third term, would you think about running for the Presidency?

Z: Uhhhhh........no f*cking clue rofl. Ask me in six months if he chooses not to run again.

---

Now Saph, who looks to be replacing BlackVoid as the CoS in the second term.

H: What do you think you can bring to the administration in the second term?

S: It'll be my first term and Bsh1's and Zaradi's second terms. I believe that, as a newer rather than a more established member of DDO, I can offer a fresh perspective to the administration. My connections among newer users would also help us to more fully address DDO's interests as a whole, and that's very important because as DDO's elected administration, one of our responsibilities is to ensure that each and every member is represented as well as possible.

H: Is there any significant change to the administration you"d like to see, or are you in approval of the status quo?

S: I definitely approve of what Bsh1 and Zaradi have accomplished this past term, and I support the proposals outlined in our campaign platform (https://docs.google.com...).

---

Continue in next post.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:09:23 AM
Continuation:

I asked the three one question for all to answer.

H: What would you most like the site to be looking like six months from now?

B: I'd love to see a lot of the technical issues that blight the site remedied. I like for my Voting Reform opt-in to be used to positive results by many members. I'd like for voting on debates to be, at once, both higher quality and more fair. I'd like for debate quality and quantity to increase, and the same to go for forum contributions. I'd like Zaradi to make his profile picture a shirtless selfie of himself. I'd like the tournament and bi-weekly topics systems to better satisfy the needs and wants of the userbase. I'd like for moderation issues to be at a minimum. I'd like there to be more community events that provide fun diversions, but which also build camaraderie. And, of course, I would like Airmax to admit his divinity in his sig.

Z: I want the site to be a place where anyone and everyone can feel comfortable and at home here to discuss any issue ranging from the least serious to the most controversial, without fear of being judged or harrassed or flamed. Anything that's closer to this is what I would like to see.

S: Six months from now, I hope that, if elected, we will have accomplished a significant portion of our campaign goals, and that DDO will be a more friendly, close-knit, and intellectual place as a result of our efforts--a place where people can freely engage in all parts of the site in a respectful manner.

---

There you have it. Feel free to comment now.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:11:01 AM
Damn it, I was so close to disrupting your comment chain.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 1:54:17 AM
At 12/11/2015 12:47:16 AM, Nonsense wrote:
Well it's not like anyone viable is running against them so... congrats on the autowin. :)

What the Fvck is that supposed to mean?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 1:55:08 AM
I can't wait until I'm interviewed and it's posted. It just may change a few people's minds about who they want to vote for
Nonsense
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 1:55:13 AM
At 12/11/2015 1:54:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
Well it's not like anyone viable is running against them so... congrats on the autowin. :)

That the next presidential team will be these three.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 1:58:24 AM
At 12/11/2015 1:55:13 AM, Nonsense wrote:

I don't think so. I have every member of the religious forum ready to vote in my favor, which the amount of people from the religious forum is greater than the rest of the forums combined, plus the DDO elite are sitting this election out. I also am willing to pay every single person that votes for me $1.00, over a 20 year annuity. WTF does BSH1 got?
Nonsense
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 1:59:37 AM
At 12/11/2015 1:58:24 AM, Wylted wrote:

I don't think so. I have every member of the religious forum ready to vote in my favor, which the amount of people from the religious forum is greater than the rest of the forums combined, plus the DDO elite are sitting this election out. I also am willing to pay every single person that votes for me $1.00, over a 20 year annuity. WTF does BSH1 got?

every other forum and experience in office.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:01:07 AM
At 12/11/2015 1:59:37 AM, Nonsense wrote:

People are sick of the establishment. Plus look at all the glitches that happened on BSH1's watch.
Nonsense
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:03:53 AM
At 12/11/2015 2:01:07 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/11/2015 1:59:37 AM, Nonsense wrote:

People are sick of the establishment. Plus look at all the glitches that happened on BSH1's watch.

BSh isn't in office at present. :)
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:18:10 AM
At 12/11/2015 2:11:33 AM, XLAV wrote:
Wylted 4 President 2016

Thank you, I now town read you in the next 3 games we play together.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:49:45 AM
Bsh/Thett 2015!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:49:53 AM
Wylted/Thett 2015!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:50:01 AM
Mirza/Thett 2015!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 4:06:58 PM
Thanks for the interview, Chris :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...