Jump to topic:

3 Years on DDO

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:48:31 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
Today marks my third year here on DDO, which kind of makes me an old man now. I was originally planning on officially retiring from DDO, but my competitive debate season is coming up real soon and I may want to get some advice from other members and do some practice debates here. This website has many great and interesting people. I have this website to thank for exposing me to an incredible variety of view points, and I have this website to thank for challenging my own view points and forcing me to subject them to the test of reason. Although I do believe I am at the point where I have outgrown DDO, I will always appreciate DDO for helping me to become a more open-minded, understanding, and intelligent person.
Nolite Timere
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:50:49 AM
At 12/11/2015 12:48:31 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Today marks my third year here on DDO, which kind of makes me an old man now. I was originally planning on officially retiring from DDO, but my competitive debate season is coming up real soon and I may want to get some advice from other members and do some practice debates here. This website has many great and interesting people. I have this website to thank for exposing me to an incredible variety of view points, and I have this website to thank for challenging my own view points and forcing me to subject them to the test of reason. Although I do believe I am at the point where I have outgrown DDO, I will always appreciate DDO for helping me to become a more open-minded, understanding, and intelligent person.

Congrats :)

How can you "outgrow" DDO? It is literally jus talking or discussing topics with people.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:52:53 AM
lol you're 17... you haven't "outgrown" it.

Nonetheless, congrats. If you ever wanna do a practice debate, I'd be glad to be your opponent.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 1:10:35 AM

I remember when you were a baby <3
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 1:39:09 AM

All the best :)

However, don't completely negate the possibility of return -- there's always something new to learn!
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 7:12:37 AM
Congrats on 3 years :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...