Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

**\*/** Second DDO Census Debate **\*/**

donald.keller
Posts: 3,722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:03:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
== Introduction ==

The DDO Census Debate is a grand debate with a grand prize.

Once, halfway through every other month, a DDO Census Debate is held. The topic is the most popular, or controversial, topic of the month. Everyone who wants to partake can sign up, and discuss who will represent them in the debate.

Both parties may rework the Resolution to fit. For this reason the resolution given is only a guideline for the general topic.

== This Month's Topic ==

The USFG should accept Syrian/Muslim Refugees.

== The Debate ==

The Debate will be 4-5 rounds long, and will use Judge voting. Debaters may pick a Source/Arguments only voting system or a Choose Winner voting system. The grand prize is a $25 gift card for Walmart or Amazon (winner's pick).

Rules:
- No wars (source wars or definition wars, etc...)
- No kritiking.
- Sources may be in external links.
- Proper formatting must be used (and consistent).

All Pro and Con users may vote on who will represent their side. Comment here if you are willing to debate, and/or who you are voting for. The representative chosen may pick one person to be their adviser.

** I will not be running. Do not vote for me.
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
Wylted
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:19:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm con, I'll wait to see who enters before voting
The modern day toilet is convenient, but has one major fault; it requires us to sit. While sitting to do our business may be considered "civilized", studies show the natural squat position improves our ability to eliminate. Better elimination may decrease many modern day ailments including bloating, straining, hemorrhoids and constipation.

This is where the squatty potty has revolutionized the way we poop. check out our website for more details.

squattypotty.com
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 4:43:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Pro
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
donald.keller
Posts: 3,722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 4:48:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm mixed. So I will be Con to make sure both sides have more people voting. (again, I won't debate this time around).
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
Wylted
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 11:12:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/11/2015 3:21:13 AM, Romanii wrote:
bleh. not interested...

That's not the question. Pro or con b1tch?
The modern day toilet is convenient, but has one major fault; it requires us to sit. While sitting to do our business may be considered "civilized", studies show the natural squat position improves our ability to eliminate. Better elimination may decrease many modern day ailments including bloating, straining, hemorrhoids and constipation.

This is where the squatty potty has revolutionized the way we poop. check out our website for more details.

squattypotty.com
Wylted
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 11:14:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Is YYW con? If so I'll vote for him to debate it, if he's interested
The modern day toilet is convenient, but has one major fault; it requires us to sit. While sitting to do our business may be considered "civilized", studies show the natural squat position improves our ability to eliminate. Better elimination may decrease many modern day ailments including bloating, straining, hemorrhoids and constipation.

This is where the squatty potty has revolutionized the way we poop. check out our website for more details.

squattypotty.com
TheShadeM
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 12:38:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I would love to participate. Not sure what you mean when you said who will represent you.

I guess I am representing myself. I want to debate.
Romanii
Posts: 4,908
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 1:48:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/11/2015 11:12:22 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/11/2015 3:21:13 AM, Romanii wrote:
bleh. not interested...

That's not the question. Pro or con b1tch?

Pro, I suppose. With the contingency of heavily limiting & regulating it.
fire_wings
Posts: 5,903
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:01:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/11/2015 2:03:07 AM, donald.keller wrote:
== Introduction ==

The DDO Census Debate is a grand debate with a grand prize.

Once, halfway through every other month, a DDO Census Debate is held. The topic is the most popular, or controversial, topic of the month. Everyone who wants to partake can sign up, and discuss who will represent them in the debate.

Both parties may rework the Resolution to fit. For this reason the resolution given is only a guideline for the general topic.

== This Month's Topic ==

The USFG should accept Syrian/Muslim Refugees.

== The Debate ==

The Debate will be 4-5 rounds long, and will use Judge voting. Debaters may pick a Source/Arguments only voting system or a Choose Winner voting system. The grand prize is a $25 gift card for Walmart or Amazon (winner's pick).

Rules:
- No wars (source wars or definition wars, etc...)
- No kritiking.
- Sources may be in external links.
- Proper formatting must be used (and consistent).

All Pro and Con users may vote on who will represent their side. Comment here if you are willing to debate, and/or who you are voting for. The representative chosen may pick one person to be their adviser.

** I will not be running. Do not vote for me.

Actually, I will try to do this.
Wylted
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 10:50:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/11/2015 2:53:08 PM, Romanii wrote:
Great. It's settled.

Whiteflame vs. Wylted -- rematching after 2 yrs

If it weren't for the 60 hour work weeks I would, but it will have to wait until after December. I already know his argument. Israel pulled America into this war and caused this situation, America should take responsibility for Israels mistakes and take in terrorists. If they're busy bombing America they won't have time to bomb the motherland.
The modern day toilet is convenient, but has one major fault; it requires us to sit. While sitting to do our business may be considered "civilized", studies show the natural squat position improves our ability to eliminate. Better elimination may decrease many modern day ailments including bloating, straining, hemorrhoids and constipation.

This is where the squatty potty has revolutionized the way we poop. check out our website for more details.

squattypotty.com
donald.keller
Posts: 3,722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 4:58:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/11/2015 10:50:19 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/11/2015 2:53:08 PM, Romanii wrote:
Great. It's settled.

Whiteflame vs. Wylted -- rematching after 2 yrs

If it weren't for the 60 hour work weeks I would, but it will have to wait until after December. I already know his argument. Israel pulled America into this war and caused this situation, America should take responsibility for Israels mistakes and take in terrorists. If they're busy bombing America they won't have time to bomb the motherland.

But you're the best candidate so far lol
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
Romanii
Posts: 4,908
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 5:20:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/12/2015 4:58:30 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 12/11/2015 10:50:19 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/11/2015 2:53:08 PM, Romanii wrote:
Great. It's settled.

Whiteflame vs. Wylted -- rematching after 2 yrs

If it weren't for the 60 hour work weeks I would, but it will have to wait until after December. I already know his argument. Israel pulled America into this war and caused this situation, America should take responsibility for Israels mistakes and take in terrorists. If they're busy bombing America they won't have time to bomb the motherland.

But you're the best candidate so far lol

TN05 is good too
Wylted
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 10:17:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yeah, I vote TNO5
The modern day toilet is convenient, but has one major fault; it requires us to sit. While sitting to do our business may be considered "civilized", studies show the natural squat position improves our ability to eliminate. Better elimination may decrease many modern day ailments including bloating, straining, hemorrhoids and constipation.

This is where the squatty potty has revolutionized the way we poop. check out our website for more details.

squattypotty.com
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 10:50:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/11/2015 2:03:07 AM, donald.keller wrote:
== Introduction ==

The DDO Census Debate is a grand debate with a grand prize.

Once, halfway through every other month, a DDO Census Debate is held. The topic is the most popular, or controversial, topic of the month. Everyone who wants to partake can sign up, and discuss who will represent them in the debate.

Both parties may rework the Resolution to fit. For this reason the resolution given is only a guideline for the general topic.

== This Month's Topic ==

The USFG should accept Syrian/Muslim Refugees.

== The Debate ==

The Debate will be 4-5 rounds long, and will use Judge voting. Debaters may pick a Source/Arguments only voting system or a Choose Winner voting system. The grand prize is a $25 gift card for Walmart or Amazon (winner's pick).

Rules:
- No wars (source wars or definition wars, etc...)
- No kritiking.
- Sources may be in external links.
- Proper formatting must be used (and consistent).

All Pro and Con users may vote on who will represent their side. Comment here if you are willing to debate, and/or who you are voting for. The representative chosen may pick one person to be their adviser.

** I will not be running. Do not vote for me.

/In (Pro)
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 10:52:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's literally been half a year since I've debated and the chance to win $25 sounds good to me.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,711
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 11:01:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Definitely Pro for this topic.
"The wounded surgeon plies the steel
That questions the distempered part;
Beneath the bleeding hands we feel
The sharp compassion of the healer's art"
- T. S. Eliot -
TUF
Posts: 21,771
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 11:28:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I would like to participate in this debate if possible. This is actually a topic I was looking to do. I am willing to do both sides. Let me know if there are no other really serious takers, because this would be fun!
donald.keller
Posts: 3,722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 12:07:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/12/2015 11:28:43 PM, TUF wrote:
I would like to participate in this debate if possible. This is actually a topic I was looking to do. I am willing to do both sides. Let me know if there are no other really serious takers, because this would be fun!

So you're on Con team now, cause Pro team has Whiteflame and 16Kadams....
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
TUF
Posts: 21,771
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 12:47:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2015 12:07:44 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 12/12/2015 11:28:43 PM, TUF wrote:
I would like to participate in this debate if possible. This is actually a topic I was looking to do. I am willing to do both sides. Let me know if there are no other really serious takers, because this would be fun!

So you're on Con team now, cause Pro team has Whiteflame and 16Kadams....

If 16k flakes, I'd gladly prefer Pro. But I'll take Con for now
donald.keller
Posts: 3,722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 1:26:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2015 12:47:53 AM, TUF wrote:
At 12/13/2015 12:07:44 AM, donald.keller wrote:
At 12/12/2015 11:28:43 PM, TUF wrote:
I would like to participate in this debate if possible. This is actually a topic I was looking to do. I am willing to do both sides. Let me know if there are no other really serious takers, because this would be fun!

So you're on Con team now, cause Pro team has Whiteflame and 16Kadams....

If 16k flakes, I'd gladly prefer Pro. But I'll take Con for now

16K's in.
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 1:32:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/11/2015 2:03:07 AM, donald.keller wrote:
== Introduction ==

The DDO Census Debate is a grand debate with a grand prize.

Once, halfway through every other month, a DDO Census Debate is held. The topic is the most popular, or controversial, topic of the month. Everyone who wants to partake can sign up, and discuss who will represent them in the debate.

Both parties may rework the Resolution to fit. For this reason the resolution given is only a guideline for the general topic.

== This Month's Topic ==

The USFG should accept Syrian/Muslim Refugees.

== The Debate ==

The Debate will be 4-5 rounds long, and will use Judge voting. Debaters may pick a Source/Arguments only voting system or a Choose Winner voting system. The grand prize is a $25 gift card for Walmart or Amazon (winner's pick).

Rules:
- No wars (source wars or definition wars, etc...)
- No kritiking.
- Sources may be in external links.
- Proper formatting must be used (and consistent).

All Pro and Con users may vote on who will represent their side. Comment here if you are willing to debate, and/or who you are voting for. The representative chosen may pick one person to be their adviser.

** I will not be running. Do not vote for me

That you ban kritiking is entirely idiotic