Asking For Your Vote

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 4:13:28 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
Aloha, DDO!

Since the election is coming up very soon, I just wanted to take a moment to ask you for your vote. I am not going to talk a lot about policy--if you're interested in that, check out my sig for a link to our platform. Instead, I want to say that DDO is a community that means a lot to me, personally. I have many friends I care about here, and it provides a format for an activity I love. I want to give back to the site, and the Presidency--be it through discussions with moderation, through voting reform, through community organization--is a way I can do that. I, as well as Zaradi and now Saph, have and will invest countless hours of effort into making DDO a better place. We care about the site, and we care about our capacity to make a positive impact.

Thank you all for making DDO a great website, and I would greatly appreciate your support in the upcoming election. Thanks!

-Bsh1
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 9:26:03 AM
I just wanted to bump this to make clear again why I am running, and why I want to serve the community.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 9:40:34 AM
At 12/13/2015 9:26:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I just wanted to bump this to make clear again why I am running, and why I want to serve the community.

I tried to vote for you, but I don't make the requirements.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 9:41:56 AM
At 12/11/2015 4:13:28 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Aloha, DDO!

Since the election is coming up very soon, I just wanted to take a moment to ask you for your vote. I am not going to talk a lot about policy--if you're interested in that, check out my sig for a link to our platform. Instead, I want to say that DDO is a community that means a lot to me, personally. I have many friends I care about here, and it provides a format for an activity I love. I want to give back to the site, and the Presidency--be it through discussions with moderation, through voting reform, through community organization--is a way I can do that. I, as well as Zaradi and now Saph, have and will invest countless hours of effort into making DDO a better place. We care about the site, and we care about our capacity to make a positive impact.

Thank you all for making DDO a great website, and I would greatly appreciate your support in the upcoming election. Thanks!

-Bsh1

An easy way to resolve matters would be to join forces with Wylted. Then you guys could corner the market together, and then who knows, maybe you could both go on to conquer the world. JK

I like Wylted and it was difficult for me to vote against him, had I not already pledged my vote to you, maybe I would have voted Wylted, although I have noticed you are actively involved in the site and it's members, which is a great contribution.

But my overall vote would have been preferred to be ,

Bsh1/Wylted
Balacafa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 3:52:44 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/13/2015 9:41:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:

Wylted is almost certainly going to improve communication with Juggle, by a lot!
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 4:45:27 PM
But my overall vote would have been preferred to be ,

Bsh1/Wylted

I understand that, and, if elected, I am certainly willing to include Wylted in some deliberations and to hear his thoughts on things.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 4:45:51 PM
At 12/13/2015 9:40:34 AM, fire_wings wrote:
At 12/13/2015 9:26:03 AM, bsh1 wrote:

I tried to vote for you, but I don't make the requirements.

I know, but I appreciate the thought, nonetheless :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 6:34:18 PM
Aloha, DDO!

-Bsh1

I thought that this election was going to be an easy win for you. If I knew it was going to be THIS contentious I would have voted for you.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
EverlastingMoment
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 6:35:27 PM
Aloha, DDO!

-Bsh1

Weren't you the favorite to win? Could have sworn you had this in the bag anyway. >.>
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 11:01:27 PM
At 12/13/2015 6:35:27 PM, EverlastingMoment wrote:
Aloha, DDO!

-Bsh1

Weren't you the favorite to win? Could have sworn you had this in the bag anyway. >.>

I think I was, but clearly there is a large segment of the site that was unsatisfied with my performance as President.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 11:02:04 PM
At 12/13/2015 6:34:18 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
I thought that this election was going to be an easy win for you. If I knew it was going to be THIS contentious I would have voted for you.

Thanks.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 11:31:49 PM
At 12/13/2015 3:52:44 PM, Balacafa wrote:

Wylted is almost certainly going to improve communication with Juggle, by a lot!

How many presidencies will it take before people realize that, no, Juggle will never take an interest in the site's issues just because the President asks them to.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:19:52 AM
At 12/13/2015 11:01:27 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Aloha, DDO!

-Bsh1

I think I was, but clearly there is a large segment of the site that was unsatisfied with my performance as President.

That's not it, man. Like I said, you did as much as is humanly possible with your limited "soft power" as president.
What we're unsatisfied with is how people make a huge deal about the presidency, when it's actually not one.
Balacafa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:23:26 AM
At 12/13/2015 11:31:49 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

How many presidencies will it take before people realize that, no, Juggle will never take an interest in the site's issues just because the President asks them to.

He is planning to go to their headquarters, in person, with TUF, Larz and immomen and complain. I doubt that this won't attract their attention.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:26:33 AM
At 12/14/2015 12:23:26 AM, Balacafa wrote:
At 12/13/2015 11:31:49 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

He is planning to go to their headquarters, in person, with TUF, Larz and immomen and complain. I doubt that this won't attract their attention.

LOL
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 12:54:07 AM
At 12/14/2015 12:19:52 AM, Romanii wrote:
Aloha, DDO!

-Bsh1

That's not it, man. Like I said, you did as much as is humanly possible with your limited "soft power" as president.
What we're unsatisfied with is how people make a huge deal about the presidency, when it's actually not one.

And this somehow means that we should've have someone who puts in a lot off effort in the job? No, Romanii, I don't buy that.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:07:09 AM
At 12/14/2015 12:54:07 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Aloha, DDO!

-Bsh1

And this somehow means that we should've have someone who puts in a lot off effort in the job? No, Romanii, I don't buy that.

That's not the point. Getting Wylted elected sorta "illustrates", if you will, our views on the presidency. If you want a better explanation of why people are voting against you, look to Thett and Subutai's posts -- it really doesn't have much to do with your performance.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:09:20 AM
At 12/14/2015 1:07:09 AM, Romanii wrote:
Aloha, DDO!

-Bsh1

That's not the point. Getting Wylted elected sorta "illustrates", if you will, our views on the presidency. If you want a better explanation of why people are voting against you, look to Thett and Subutai's posts -- it really doesn't have much to do with your performance.

Actually, Romanii, it does. To say that the Presidency is pointless is to say it has no point. This demeans all of the things I did under the auspices of the Presidency, by saying they gave no point to the office. From voting reforms to forum revival to whatever; none of it made the Presidency an institution worth keeping.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:35:41 AM
At 12/14/2015 1:09:20 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Aloha, DDO!

-Bsh1

Actually, Romanii, it does. To say that the Presidency is pointless is to say it has no point. This demeans all of the things I did under the auspices of the Presidency, by saying they gave no point to the office. From voting reforms to forum revival to whatever; none of it made the Presidency an institution worth keeping.

The presidency isn't pointless. It's just very overblown.
Sure, there might be a small opportunity cost from having Wylted elected, but we think that's outweighed by the other stuff.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:36:36 AM
Aloha, DDO!

-Bsh1

And we also think that you could have done almost all of what you did without being president.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:46:22 AM
At 12/14/2015 1:35:41 AM, Romanii wrote:
Aloha, DDO!

-Bsh1

Sure, there might be a small opportunity cost from having Wylted elected, but we think that's outweighed by the other stuff.

I am glad you think humor outweighs all the stuff I have done and want to do as President. It really puts the How to Debate Guide, the Mentorship Program, the Forum Revival, etc. into perspective.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:46:51 AM
At 12/14/2015 1:36:36 AM, Romanii wrote:
Aloha, DDO!

-Bsh1

And we also think that you could have done almost all of what you did without being president.

I disagree.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Lexus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:48:49 AM
Given that no more unknown election rules come up for absolutely no reason other than to prefer certain members over others from the moderation's view, what do you actually hope to do that is of literally any worth during your next term that you cannot do as a normal member that is just vested in the community?
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:52:31 AM
At 12/14/2015 1:46:22 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Aloha, DDO!

-Bsh1

I am glad you think humor outweighs all the stuff I have done and want to do as President. It really puts the How to Debate Guide, the Mentorship Program, the Forum Revival, etc. into perspective.

I definitely didn't say "the other stuff" = "humor" (although that was a part of it). Neither did thett3 or Subutai.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:53:11 AM
At 12/14/2015 1:52:31 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:46:22 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Aloha, DDO!

-Bsh1

I definitely didn't say "the other stuff" = "humor" (although that was a part of it). Neither did thett3 or Subutai.

Then what is it?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 2:05:21 AM
At 12/14/2015 1:53:11 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Then what is it?

Diminishing the value of the presidency.

Anyways, I'm done arguing about this. It's over. You won. Congrats. I hope you won't bear a grudge against me for too long. I got caught up in the drama and said a lot of things without thinking, and I'll apologize for that one more time. See ya around.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 2:06:48 AM
At 12/14/2015 2:05:21 AM, Romanii wrote:

Then what is it?

So, diminishing the value of the all the stuff I did as President. Gotcha.

Anyways, I'm done arguing about this. It's over. You won. Congrats.

Oh, the enthusiasm...And, frankly, it doesn't feel as if I won.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 2:14:05 AM
At 12/14/2015 2:06:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Then what is it?

-_-

I'll break that down into two parts and respond separately
So, diminishing the value of the all the stuff I did
no
as President.
yes

Anyways, I'm done arguing about this. It's over. You won. Congrats.

Oh, the enthusiasm...And, frankly, it doesn't feel as if I won.

Why? Airmax decided the winner with a viable criterion, and the rest of the site will come to recognize his decision as legitimate in time.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 2:17:27 AM
At 12/14/2015 2:14:05 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 12/14/2015 2:06:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Then what is it?

-_-

I'll break that down into two parts and respond separately

Romanii, we are done arguing. You all have basically said that my efforts as President don't outweigh Wylted's...whatever his platform is...because I somehow didn't bring any worth to the office. That is the extent of the matter.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics